Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2020 1:37:15 PM EDT
Looking for an air pistol to go with my Hatsan MOD95 .177 springer for backyard plinking.

Looking and reading lots of articles and while I like the Crosman 1377 or 2240(that can be changed to a .177 with a probe/barrel), I just don't want to spend changing out lots of things at this time.

Yes, I know one is a pumper and one is CO2.

Anybody know much about these Chinese air guns(SMK/CP1) type pistols, even though it says Diana, its made in China?

Found one I might order for $69.00 but want some opinions on it compared with the Crosman's. Not so much as to aftermarket parts availability, but the quality you get compared to price over time, one gets coming out of the box.

Looking right now at just getting the pistol and not rifle/combo.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
With the Crosman there are a lot of aftermarket parts, upgrades and the like.  It can wind up being like a hot-rod that you wind up constantly changing things to "improve" it.  The attractive part about this is if something breaks, you can get a replacement easily.  The Diana will not have this much support.

However, the Diana does have a much better trigger, out of the box, than the Crosman choices.  The other thing that the Diana has is the capability of using a magazine.  This feature is nice if you want to plink and not have to fumble around with getting those tiny pellets into the small loading port.

Like any product from China, expect that about 1 in 5 guns will have a significant issue.  There seems to be a culture in that country of sneaking out things from the factory that failed quality control.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Mrodair CP1M pistol that looks like it came from the same factory in China. Great trigger and accuracy out of the box. my 1377 and 1322 both needed mods  to get comparable performance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top