Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2018 3:08:04 PM EDT
A good subsonic load for those of us that own the SBR. Flawless function with no extra noticeable blowback when used with a 5.56 can. Price is about $10 under under other competitors, this fits the bill. Hopefully we see a drop in other manufacturers 5.7 ammo :D

5.7x28mm, 55gr FMJ Subsonic, Detroit Ammo Co / Triple R Munitions
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool.  I’ve been thinking about using my omega 9k on my sbr ps90 lately.  I wonder how much louder it will be compared to a 5.56 can.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very cool.  I've been thinking about using my omega 9k on my sbr ps90 lately.  I wonder how much louder it will be compared to a 5.56 can.
View Quote
a 9mm can has pretty good volume. Whether or not the exit hole will allow for any loss, it would have to be measured. If I get the Larson Davis back, I will check my Osprey 45
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Great vid Buffman. I'd almost like to try a little of this for fun but as much as it is I'll probably not.

As suppressors, I'm not a big fan on the 22cal cans rated for 5.7...just not enough volume. I really like my Octane 45 with a 22 endcap, that works GREAT.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Are these rounds just for fun? Power is similar to 22lr, so takes some of the sting out of the 5.7mm. Also, howdy neighbor, I'm in SE MI area.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 12:43:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are these rounds just for fun? Power is similar to 22lr, so takes some of the sting out of the 5.7mm. Also, howdy neighbor, I'm in SE MI area.
View Quote
They penetrate 16"+ and leave a better wound channel than a lead solid .22lr. Depending on the FMJ bullet type, these will penetrate soft armor, .22 lr will not
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top