Page / 5
Posted: 3/1/2024 8:20:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Odinforever2000]

Looks like 308s first,223s in 2 weeks
Any pre order folks in here?
What are you wanting to see?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:02:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FrozenIceman] [#1]
They actually shipped when they said they would?

This is incredible.

Looks like a pencil 308 barrel though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope they got it right.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FrozenIceman:
They actually shipped when they said they would?

This is incredible.

Looks like a pencil 308 barrel though.
View Quote

What is it on an MDRX?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:58:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:
View Quote

Yeah it’d be best to wait for a couple years till this thing is proven.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:20:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FrozenIceman] [#5]
Originally Posted By Odinforever2000:

What is it on an MDRX?
View Quote

A pencil barrel as well.  I was hoping for at minimum OD equal to the muzzle device shoulder diameter. It necks up right before the muzzle device.

https://www.usacarry.com/ar-15-barrel-profiles/
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:

View Quote

Whats the criteria for something to be.."proven"
Just time?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Just time?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:

Just time?

Time enough for the early adopters to report the issues. And there likely will be issues.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Time enough for the early adopters to report the issues. And there likely will be issues.
View Quote

Well..Im one of those...
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:53:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Box4] [#9]
I would love for Desert Tech to have this right finally, but I’d never trust them at this point.   They’ll have to earn it, and I’ll be waiting for early buyers/unpaid beta testers to reveal any problems.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Insane and Ruthless all at once?

Damn.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:48:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AugustineBolishbatfe] [#11]
Originally Posted By VTD:
Insane and Ruthless all at once?

Damn.
View Quote

Well, "insanity levels of our cult" and  "reliability of sister wives" didn't have quite the same ring to it.  

I'm also annoyed by their attempt to make the possessive apostrophe somehow indicative of a plural noun.

On topic, though - I have an MDRX Micron.  While I don't consider it for "serious" use - it's been reliable and I don't think it's heavy.  The people complaining about the weight (not here, but elsewhere) seem to miss the fact that the majority of the weight is behind the fulcrum, so it seems much lighter.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:01:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Odinforever2000] [#12]
Originally Posted By AugustineBolishbatfe:

--Snip--

On topic, though - I have an MDRX Micron.  While I don't consider it for "serious" use - it's been reliable and I don't think it's heavy.  The people complaining about the weight (not here, but elsewhere) seem to miss the fact that the majority of the weight is behind the fulcrum, so it seems much lighter.
View Quote

LOL, OK..The people complaining about the weight (I is one of them) are talking about the fact the 16" 223 Forward Eject version of the rifle is 8.9lbs..That is heavy for a 223..Especially when it does not have a bull barrel for the excuse of extra weight

Why is 8.9lbs bad? Because every OTHER 556 bullpup is below 8lbs with a 16" barrel..The AUG,HELLION,TAVOR,FS2000,RDB, K&MM17 are all anywhere from 7lbs to 7.9lbs..
The Keltec and K&M show this guns can be on the low side of 7lbs (really close to AR15 weights)...

The side ejecting 16" 223 got closer at 8.4lb..I doubt the Micron is actually 7.3lbs (which is what some websites list it as)..
I'm fairly certain the Micron weighs around 7.9 - 8lbs...Still heavier than the SBR x95 for the same barrel length..

That and Desert tech has been promising us a 7.5lbs full size MDR/X since 2014.. So far none of the w/ standard length barrels Mdrx's weigh 7.5lbs and their website for the longest time also represented false information on this front.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AugustineBolishbatfe:

Well, "insanity levels of our cult" and  "reliability of sister wives" didn't have quite the same ring to it.  

I'm also annoyed by their attempt to make the possessive apostrophe somehow indicative of a plural noun.

View Quote

The issue is not that it is too heavy.  The issue is that it is significantly heavier than other 5.56 options and its competitors.

For 308 it is actually at a decent weight.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Odinforever2000] [#14]
Well..looks Like its someone is still copy pasting from the wrong info at Desert tech.

The manual and the website don't line up for weight..
The manual (again) lists 308,300blk and 556 as all the same weight..(This has never been correct and that has been wrong since the Mdr manuals)

Also the manual doesnt list the 20inch 223 bbl as 1:8 (website does)..Just 1:7 for both 16 and 20" variants (manual).

The original 16" bbl Mdr was 1:8..But they went with the 1:7 for the 16" Mdrx.

And

The 300 blk is 1:7 in the manual vs Wlvrn website1:6

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Just time?
View Quote

Not abandoned and unlike their last launch, can get through a mag without jamming. That would be a good starting point.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:36:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Odinforever2000] [#16]
I mean...most Mdrs and Mdrxs can get through mags without jamming.. Ive had 4 kits so far. Mag dump all of them with no issues..Garand Thumb mag dumped the Heck out of the 223 Mdr...(I hope to see him do that with the Wlvrn)

As far as abandoning the Mdrx..Doesn't make me happy..but neither does dodge going full electric in the chargers..For both..we will see if these are better than their previous generation..

It sounds like this new gun could be easier to produce and they get rid of having 2 competing systems FE (6 barrelsl vs SE (3).Now everything is Se with all 6 options in 1 lighter (allegedly) package.
What I see, is Dt responding to customer feedback (and a rather scathing characterization report).

Customers want the gun to be better..Dt listened (and seem to want the best bullpup in the market title")and said "try this."

Now we wait to see if the Wlvrn is the gun Dt promised back in 2014.

But I hate waiting..so I'm diving in because I don't trust most big youtube reviews..And I was very critical about the rifles weight in 223..and it's accuracy in 308..So if Anything is not as they say..or I/we expect..
You all will know.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:34:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#17]
Thanks for the updates!  I look forward to your future posts and reports on this!   CeeeSribe Buttoon - HIT!

If this gun is reliable, capable of hitting that 1000 yard gong in 6.5 CM all day long (i.e. 1.5 MOA with decent ammo), I'm very interested.  If it's under 8lb, I'm very very interested.

But I don't think I'm going to be first in line.  I asked if there were a trade-in on MDRx; and was told no.  So I'll wait.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:31:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Thanks for the updates!  I look forward to your future posts and reports on this!   CeeeSribe Buttoon - HIT!

If this gun is reliable, capable of hitting that 1000 yard gong in 6.5 CM all day long (i.e. 1.5 MOA with decent ammo), I'm very interested.  If it's under 8lb, I'm very very interested.

But I don't think I'm going to be first in line.  I asked if there were a trade-in on MDRx; and was told no.  So I'll wait.
View Quote

@lazyengineer
Would make a good DMR if it checked all the boxes you mentioned, for sure.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll be following the development of the Wolverine. Maybe DT learned its lesson from the MDR debacle and made this rifle reliable from the outset.

Interesting that there is a sister rifle called the Sabertooth.

Clearly they are comic book fans.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Apparently the Wlvrn is shipping now. Where are all the youtube reviews? Shouldn't people like Garandthumb and MAC have copies to review? I want more info on this rifle.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:44:01 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Beta Testers!!!  Arrre youuuuuu readayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
Beta Testers!!!  Arrre youuuuuu readayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
View Quote

I AM READY!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Desert Tech is claiming that the Wlvrn is extremely reliable.

Any good sources to back that up?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Skyler2000:

View Quote

Too new..
The 223 MDR was pretty reliable in Garand Thumbs hands. He likes to put several thousand rounds through them..

But..they/DT do have a full auto variant..So maybe thats where they did their testing/kink work out..

Still way to early to say for the commercial market.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:35:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#25]

View Quote

As you probably already know - I would take any claim from DT with a fairly huge grain of salt.  The entire purpose of its development is to be basically be an MDRy.  So it should be better.   But DT origianly claimed the MDRx was a 1.5MOA gun, which it so very is not - or at least, so very is not with full-power ammo in the 308 class.  So I'm really not taking any DT claims at face value, but AM keenly interseted.  

FWIW, I paid $2600 for my MDRx.  Yes, $2600.   The reliability is actually astounding.  Seriously,  it's that good.  The accuracy is tougher.  I found full-house 6.5 CM loads are just terrible.  But downgrade it to hot 6.5Grendel power level, and it does OK for me.

.Here's a 200 yard group with my MDRx this weekend - with tuned handloads.  Tuned to mild agrendel power level, in a gun sized for 6.5 Creedmoor

If the new MDRy (err.. Wolrvn) can do that with full power loads, im interested.  

So!   Please get one.  Please get it in 6.5CM.  Please go get some 143 gr ammo, and post those accuracy results!  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I guess the concern isn't about square range reliability. Lots of guns can shoot thousands of rounds without too many failures under clean conditions without duress.

It's about tough condition reliability. How does it fare with abuse? Sand? Dirt? Hitting the ground hard, etc?

Only testing will tell.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:11:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#27]
I guess the concern isn't about square range reliability. Lots of guns can shoot thousands of rounds without too many failures under clean conditions without duress.

It's about tough condition reliability. How does it fare with abuse? Sand? Dirt? Hitting the ground hard, etc?

Only testing will tell.
View Quote

I haven't taken mine to Afghanistan, but it runs pretty good fouled.  But no - I don't spray sand on my $2600 gun (twenty six hundreeeddd  dollars - JFC Desert Tech - really??).  The single biggest issue with the chute-eject desert tech actually is manual operation during a hang up (such as manually clearing a live round for, or an improperly sized round).  I find even an improperly sized round (i.e. my error, not the guns) I'm able to get enough force to get out easily enough, but if you aren't very careful at just gorrilla'ing it all the way back with force, it won't go into the ejector chute right, and fuck everything up to the point you have to pop off the ejector chute to clear the gun.  

I actually really like the ejector chute system of the MDRx.  In particular, if you have a loose primer (common problem with reloaded 6.5 CM), those will pop out of a ejector/extractor side eject AR10 and give nasty jams - often ending up in the star-chamber for whatever reason.  But in the scizor-push side eject to load into the MDRx forward eject chute, that never happens.   And the ambidextrous system and forward throwing rounds are kind of cool.  The system also protects the innards nicely from dust access, it's actually quite well sealed.  

But, alas, it adds quite a bit of weight, and also can make manually cycling live rounds a challenge, as noted above.  It probably is for the best for the MDRy to do away with it, but I'm going to miss it - I like it too.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, I'm being cautiously optimistic. I don't know how many people intend the rifle to be a zombie apocalypse rifle, but I would want to be able to count on it if my life depended on it.

I'm wary of Desert Tech, but I'm hoping they learned their lessons from the initial MDR fiasco.

I know Desert Tech wants military contracts. If they get some adoptions, I will be impressed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#29]
My WLVRN FDE 5.56 showed up at the gun store this afternoon.  I won't be able to take it home and try it until Monday - due to Colorado's 3-day waiting period.  A few things are apparent immediately and that's its light weight and perhaps the best bullpup trigger - out of the box.

Got high hopes for this firearm.

Tim
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ironman58:
My WLVRN FDE 5.56 showed up at the gun store this afternoon.  I won't be able to take it home and try it until Monday - due to Colorado's 3-day waiting period.  A few things are apparent immediately and that's its light weight and perhaps the best bullpup trigger - out of the box.

Got high hopes for this firearm.

Tim
View Quote

That's fantastic! Let us know how it performs!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Anybody else get their Wlvrn yet?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:11:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Odinforever2000] [#32]
Anybody else get their Wlvrn yet?
View Quote

My 223 BLK WLVRN arrived today. Dunno when I will clear backgrounds to take it home.

Rifle does weigh 7.4lbs. (which is lighter than the military bullpups but not the K&M m17s or and variant RDB)
Safety selector is still kinda meh..
Trigger is improved over the MDR and MDRX (Best factory trigger is still the RDB until I can get this on my trigger pull gauge).

I have blasting ammo available for mag dumping..and Match ammo for accuracy testing lined up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:12:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Odinforever2000] [#33]
Double post
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I was at a gun store today and asked about the Wlvrn and the clerk had no idea what I was talking about.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I was at a gun store today and asked about the Wlvrn and the clerk had no idea what I was talking about.
View Quote

No surprise - this is an exotic specialty.  And at $2600/unit still - they will only sell a handful.  Maybe a few thousand at most.  If that.  Most gunstores will never see one.  I picked up my MDRx at the biggest gun-store around - who sell a LOT of guns, and they were all amazed at "What is that??" when my MDRx arrived.  

And that's what this line caters to - nobody is going to buy one of these as their only/first/or even primary gun.  This is your Porshe'/69Mustang/etc - that goes into the 3'rd slot in the garage with the tarp over it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#36]

No surprise - this is an exotic specialty.  And at $2600/unit still - they will only sell a handful.  Maybe a few thousand at most.  If that.  Most gunstores will never see one.  I picked up my MDRx at the biggest gun-store around - who sell a LOT of guns, and they were all amazed at "What is that??" when my MDRx arrived.  

And that's what this line caters to - nobody is going to buy one of these as their only/first/or even primary gun.  This is your Porshe'/69Mustang/etc - that goes into the 3'rd slot in the garage with the tarp over it.
View All Quotes

I dunno about that. I would use the Wlvrn as a home defense, go to/primary rifle. The whole point Desert Tech markets this rifle is as a serious defensive rifle.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#37]

I dunno about that. I would use the Wlvrn as a home defense, go to/primary rifle. The whole point Desert Tech markets this rifle is as a serious defensive rifle.
View Quote

Are their non-serious defensive rifles?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:34:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skyler2000] [#38]

View All Quotes

I miswrote that. My point was that many people are looking to the Wlvrn if there is ever an emergency situation where you have to defend your families lives.

Currently my AUG fits that bill. But my AUG needs a sister.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#39]

I miswrote that. My point was that many people are looking to the Wlvrn if there is ever an emergency situation where you have to defend your families lives.

View Quote

I though they were getting the Wlvrn becasue its a multicaliber bullpup.
The defense part is one of those things that are like fire extinguishers or insurance. Something to have and hopefully never need.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:10:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skyler2000] [#40]

The defense part is one of those things that are like fire extinguishers or insurance. Something to have and hopefully never need.
View All Quotes

Yeah, I'm looking to get the Wlvrn as an insurance policy rifle. I don't care about caliber conversions. Just 5.56.  

If executed correctly (unlike the MDR), the Wlvrn will be the most ergonomic, accurate, and lightweight, and reliable/durable bullpup to be ever made. It would literally be the perfect fighting rifle. Aside from price, it would be an AR15 killer.

It would be silly not to let it replace ones any existing defensive rifles laying around.

I'm not going to be an early adopter. I'm going to wait a year to see how it performs while I'm saving up money.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Yeah, I'm looking to get the Wlvrn as an insurance policy rifle. I don't care about caliber conversions. Just 5.56.  

If executed correctly (unlike the MDR), the Wlvrn will be the most ergonomic, accurate, and lightweight, and reliable/durable bullpup to be ever made. It would literally be the perfect fighting rifle. Aside from price, it would be an AR15 killer.

It would be silly not to let it replace ones any existing defensive rifles laying around.

I'm not going to be an early adopter. I'm going to wait a year to see how it performs while I'm saving up money.
View Quote

The only real problem with the MDR in 223 is the weight (its ergonomic, accurate, and reliable/durable) ..The Wlvrn corrected the weight deficiency.
I doubt the Wlvrn in 223 going to be more accurate than the previous Generation in 223. ..But I will verify that soon.

AR15 killer? Waaay to expensive to be one of those..at $800 maybe
Bullpups are very Niche..(I say this as a guy who loves/has alot of them)
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#42]

The only real problem with the MDR in 223 is the weight (its ergonomic, accurate, and reliable/durable) ..The Wlvrn corrected the weight deficiency.
I doubt the Wlvrn in 223 going to be more accurate than the previous Generation in 223. ..But I will verify that soon.

View All Quotes

That may be, but I've heard plenty of reports of the MDR charging handles breaking off, handguards breaking, rifle jamming hard, magazines self ejecting, etc etc.

I'm just hoping the Wlvrn corrects these deficiencies.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:06:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Odinforever2000] [#43]

That may be, but I've heard plenty of reports of the MDR charging handles breaking off, handguards breaking, rifle jamming hard, magazines self ejecting, etc etc.

View Quote

Yea..I dont mean to burst your bubble..Guns break..Part of what Make ARs king (when they break) in the training/world is how easy it is to find and obtain replacement parts.
You will not get this in the bullpup world due to the very limited number of manufacturers who make bullpups.

If you want to see an MDR run through alot of rounds in a short period, Watch the Garand thumb video on the 223 MDR. It worked great.In range also recommended the 223 MDR.

I have broken my MDRX charging handle,and the charging handles are being broken when Mortaring the rifle, not through normal operation. I broke mine because I caused the gun to lock up hard (by short stroking it in 308) and then mortared the rifle..ALOT because the FE system need a strong and consistent stroke to the rear to work the scissor action....This isn't really an issue 223, not and issue 300blk (personal experience as well).
-This was fixed when they switched to and offered the thicker straight charging handles that you also see on the Wlvrn.
-Also fixed with the newer/shorter buffers for a little more bolt travel to the rear.

Magazines self ejecting - That was a specific problem for a very small % of 308 MDR/Xs. It was also fixed when they updated the mag catch..
ALOT of the issues the MDR/X rifles had revolve around the 308 rifle. Some persist and others have work arounds/solutions like the accuracy issue (also why I have a 308 kit on order for the Wlvrn to see if that was remedied outside of using an OSS can).

Handguard breaking..Well its a polymer handguard and some folks use direct mounting Mlock vertical grips..Those are really meant for a metal handguard (Which weren't available for a bit but are now). Its really uncommon but usually comes down to a user generated issue.
This would also happen with a magpul poly handguard as well..Folks need use the pic rail sections and then add vert grip.

All of these, represent a very small but very vocal (I am one of them) group of people who wanted to make the rifle better..And the MDR/X got better..
Lets see if this new rifle continues with the getting better or goes back to square 1.
Thats also why I am getting the rifle now. I have had alot of time on the previous 2 generations (I have an MDR and an MDRX still), I know where they started and how far they have come through updates.
and trust me..youll hear it from me if there are issues. Especially if they weren't in the previous guns.

I'm also an early adopter of the RDB..which is my current fav bullpup.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#44]

Yea..I dont mean to burst your bubble..Guns break..Part of what Make ARs king (when they break) in the training/world is how easy it is to find and obtain replacement parts.
You will not get this in the bullpup world due to the very limited number of manufacturers who make bullpups.

If you want to see an MDR run through alot of rounds in a short period, Watch the Garand thumb video on the 223 MDR. It worked great.In range also recommended the 223 MDR.

I have broken my MDRX charging handle,and the charging handles are being broken when Mortaring the rifle, not through normal operation. I broke mine because I caused the gun to lock up hard (by short stroking it in 308) and then mortared the rifle..ALOT because the FE system need a strong and consistent stroke to the rear to work the scissor action....This isn't really an issue 223, not and issue 300blk (personal experience as well).
-This was fixed when they switched to and offered the thicker straight charging handles that you also see on the Wlvrn.
-Also fixed with the newer/shorter buffers for a little more bolt travel to the rear.

Magazines self ejecting - That was a specific problem for a very small % of 308 MDR/Xs. It was also fixed when they updated the mag catch..
ALOT of the issues the MDR/X rifles had revolve around the 308 rifle. Some persist and others have work arounds/solutions like the accuracy issue (also why I have a 308 kit on order for the Wlvrn to see if that was remedied outside of using an OSS can).

Handguard breaking..Well its a polymer handguard and some folks use direct mounting Mlock vertical grips..Those are really meant for a metal handguard (Which weren't available for a bit but are now). Its really uncommon but usually comes down to a user generated issue.
This would also happen with a magpul poly handguard as well..Folks need use the pic rail sections and then add vert grip.

All of these, represent a very small but very vocal (I am one of them) group of people who wanted to make the rifle better..And the MDR/X got better..
Lets see if this new rifle continues with the getting better or goes back to square 1.
Thats also why I am getting the rifle now. I have had alot of time on the previous 2 generations (I have an MDR and an MDRX still), I know where they started and how far they have come through updates.
and trust me..youll hear it from me if there are issues. Especially if they weren't in the previous guns.

View All Quotes

I'll second this post.  I've broken pretty much every gun I have owned.  Including AR15, AUG, CZ75, P99, RDB, GARAND, 10/22, Colt 1911, MkII, Grendel, AR10, 1917 Enfield, Norinco AK47, MDRx, etc.  Basically all of them - They all break if you actually run them.  Most of the time easy fix and off you go, sometimes harder fix and off you go.   And agreed - as a bullpup guy with heavy usage and hig round counts in general - my current favorite is also the KelTec RDB, actually.  Its an underappreciated gun.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I appreciate this response. Why do you like the RDB?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 5:56:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Odinforever2000] [#46]

View Quote

• Affordable..With some good shopping- you can find some for 650$-700$ NEW.

• Best factory Bullpup trigger (They ditched the traditional trigger bar to trigger pack set up in every bullpup but the Keltecs.Keltecs keep the trigger and sear upfront that release a hammer bar)

• Light Weight (6.7lbs with a LuckyIrishman handguard on an RDB17..My manual stated that the RDB17 is  6.9lbs with the factory handguard).

• Rifles balance point is in the middle (over the pistol grip) of the firearm instead of heavily rear biased. Mostly due to the lack of a trigger pack..This allows the pistol grip to be further rear than other bullpup designs.

• Tunable gas system (20 settings. But you'll only really need to know like 2-3). Great for reducing recoil as your only using the amount of gas needed to cycle the action.. Its a feature not present in any other factory bullpup.

• Accurate. 1 to 1.5moa averages (between 5 or 10 shot groups) are achievable in this platform.

• Great suppressor platform

• Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:20:05 PM EDT
    [#47]

• Best factory Bullpup trigger (They ditched the traditional trigger bar to trigger pack set up in every bullpup but the Keltecs.Keltecs keep the trigger and sear upfront that release a hammer bar)

• Light Weight (6.7lbs with a LuckyIrishman handguard on an RDB17..My manual stated that the RDB17 is  6.9lbs with the factory handguard).

• Rifles balance point is in the middle (over the pistol grip) of the firearm instead of heavily rear biased. Mostly due to the lack of a trigger pack..This allows the pistol grip to be further rear than other bullpup designs.

• Tunable gas system (20 settings. But you'll only really need to know like 2-3). Great for reducing recoil as your only using the amount of gas needed to cycle the action.. Its a feature not present in any other factory bullpup.

• Accurate. 1 to 1.5moa averages (between 5 or 10 shot groups) are achievable in this platform.

• View Quote View All Quotes
    View All Quotes

• Basically all of this.  I will say don't expect a new RDB to shoot 1.5 MOA class with factory ammo on day one.  In my case, it had to be broken in a few hundred rounds before it settled down, and it does have favorites.  But it easily shoots as well (actually better), than my AUG.  Other people have 1 MOA AUG's - those would be the ones made by Austrian virgin's while Arnold was still living over there.  Any US made AUG in the last 10 years - less so.
    Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:20:32 PM EDT
    [#48]

Basically all of this.  I will say don't expect a new RDB to shoot 1.5 MOA class with factory ammo on day one.  In my case, it had to be broken in a few hundred rounds before it settled down, and it does have favorites.  But it easily shoots as well (actually better), than my AUG.  Other people have 1 MOA AUG's - those would be the ones made by Austrian virgin's while Arnold was still living over there.  Any US made AUG in the last 10 years - less so.
    View Quote

Ill probably do this to the Wlvrn too..Few hundred rounds of just blasting before doing my accuracy test.
    Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:37:17 PM EDT
    [Last Edit: Skyler2000] [#49]
    Also what's up with the naming of the Wolverine and the Sabertooth?

Anyone else here an Xmen fan?  I can't be the only one to have noticed that.

Clearly someone in Desert Tech reads too many comic books. lol

Isn't this like a copywrite issue or something?
    Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:09:28 PM EDT
    [#50]
    I haven’t seen anything on these.  No YouTubers or paid shills, not even buyers posting about the new Desert Tech anywhere on gun forums.   Doesn’t instill confidence.

Here we go again?
    Arrow Left Previous Page
    Page / 5
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top