Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2023 10:36:01 AM EDT
I have an older 10-22 carbine that sits more than it gets shot so was thinking of jazzing it up a bit.

Anybody here have experience with one of these?
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:13:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I know, everybody hates Karl now, but he does pretty good reviews.  

Trek-22 - Ruger 10/22 Bullpup conversion
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought one and quickly found that it wasn't for me. Loud with a can due to the location of the ejection port (shooting cci SV with a dead air mask). Had to shoot with an ear plug In. Gas drifted directly up into my eyes as well. Unsuppressed it would probably be fine.

I also didn't like that it had to be completely disassembled to clean. You would need to check zero each time as the scope is mounted to one side of the clamshell.

The upside is that it's light, handy and the trigger linkage is surprisingly good.

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know, everybody hates Karl now, but he does pretty good reviews.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1hmfNrxqJ0
View Quote

When he’s shilling for leftist BS, cuckoldry, the church of satan, pedophilia, or something he overinvested in, he gets passionate about it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I also didn't like that it had to be completely disassembled to clean. You would need to check zero each time as the scope is mounted to one side of the clamshell.
View Quote

That is a significant drawback, thx.  The only bright side is the the 10/22 doesn't need to be spotless to run.  Still, might have to look at other options.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is a significant drawback, thx.  The only bright side is the the 10/22 doesn't need to be spotless to run.  Still, might have to look at other options.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

I had high hopes for it. I think it would really shine as a red dot sighted backyard plinker where great accuracy was not a huge consideration. The amount of barrel to stock flex was a bit unnerving seeing as the scope is mounted to the stock.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top