[#2]
C’mon man

https://deadairsilencers.com/product/sierra-5-assets/
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok I’ve got my credit card ready to go.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a supposed pic in the DA thread the other day. The 'Geever seemed to be hinting:

Edit: That's a really good price in the link.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#6]
What is it supposed to be?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is it supposed to be?
View Quote

Sounds like the much-anticipated 5.56 can from Dead Air.

If it looks good on paper, I’ll buy one. I’ve got at least one of almost every can they make, and I’ve always been happy with them.

I have a lot of other cans too though. I wouldn’t say I’m “brand loyal”, but one of the higher-ups at DA is pretty much responsible for me getting into NFA/suppressors, and I’ve always been happy with what I’ve gotten from them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sounds like the much-anticipated 5.56 can from Dead Air.

If it looks good on paper, I’ll buy one. I’ve got at least one of almost every can they make, and I’ve always been happy with them.

I have a lot of other cans too though. I wouldn’t say I’m “brand loyal”, but one of the higher-ups at DA is pretty much responsible for me getting into NFA/suppressors, and I’ve always been happy with what I’ve gotten from them.
View Quote

Or it will be the primal 2.0, or the titanium mask, or…

In all seriousness I hope this is the 556 can but we’ve done this before.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm getting an old school 70's / 80's vibe from this.  "Sierra 5" That picture from Vietnam in the link.

Was there a Vietnam era 556 suppressor that they could be going for?  Like the Wolverine -> PBS-1 connection?

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow, look how long that Sionics is on the M16. I bet it's heavy too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Interesting helical baffles.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Interesting helical baffles.
View Quote

He loved those spiral diffusers.

Another article

https://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=2382
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He loved those spiral diffusers.

Another article

https://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=2382
View Quote

That's a great article too! I'd love to know how much Gemtech pinched off of the vented carrier mentioned.

"HEL solved the bolt velocity and cyclic rate problems by adding an additional gas pressure relief port to the bolt carrier, which enabled reliable functioning of the rifle whether the selector was set to SEMI or AUTO."
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#18]
UGH....

Sub'd. This is gonna cost me money, I'd bet.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 3:32:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 4:38:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Now that the cat is out, how about a pic?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The picture of the M16A1 has the MK2 blast suppressor- a US Navy issue item with the A1 flash suppressor on the front.  The MK2 had one hourglass shaped washer baffle in the middle and produced 28DB sound reduction probably from the volume of the giant can and the sound redirection of the A1 birdcage muzzle device portion.   The Sionics has the gas pressure relief valve and knurled bushing closing collar on the back.  I believe Sionics made cans that had the A1 birdcage front caps also- a lot of the cans in Vietnam were prototypes, the military would buy a few hundred and suggest some kind of feedback related change and go back to the drawing board.  

I believe the most numerous cans in Vietnam were the MAW-A1, and the Hel M-4.  Probably followed by the MK2 blast suppressor.

The HEL can probably had backpressure worse than an SWR Silencer CO specwar, HEL worked around that problem without doing a good job of solving it.  A big part of why silencers in Vietnam were not fielded to more infantry soldiers was that the rifles had to be modified to prevent shearing of carrier keys.  

View Quote

Were these the first semi/full auto rifle cans that were somewhat militarily successful?  I know there was some stuff used in WWII, but it seemed to be all pistol caliber or 22LR.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Now that the cat is out, how about a pic?
View Quote

An admin on a suppressor Facebook group and a dealer got banned and a distributor cut ties with them over posting that email. He ignored the big red warning the email had.

Link Posted: 5/12/2022 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

An admin on a suppressor Facebook group and a dealer got banned and a distributor cut ties with them over posting that email. He ignored the big red warning the email had.

https://i.imgur.com/5uAtRYL_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Drama llamas
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Drama llamas
View Quote

Yep. I don’t get the appeal of showing off leaked information. Let the company who worked hard on their product be the ones to show it off first
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yep. I don’t get the appeal of showing off leaked information. Let the company who worked hard on their product be the ones to show it off first
View Quote

If the manufacturer wants to show it off themselves first, then they can just launch it. The whole thing is silly.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If the manufacturer wants to show it off themselves first, then they can just launch it. The whole thing is silly.
View Quote

+1

I’m a grown man with enough real-world crap to deal with. Not interested in advertising “teasers.”
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:37:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drama llamas

Haha, you read it wrong/I communicated it poorly

The mods are drama llamas over dealers showing customers spec sheets.
Fuckin release it and get the first 5k units into the wild.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm ready.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

+1

I’m a grown man with enough real-world crap to deal with. Not interested in advertising “teasers.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

It really is all so tiresome, & accomplishes nothing. I just want to know what/when/where so I can place an order.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Pointless thread is pointless.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#34]
If it fits keymo I wonder how long before someone launches a .308 projectile through it
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If it fits keymo I wonder how long before someone launches a .308 projectile through it
View Quote

Same goes for literally every other muzzle device
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drama llamas

We like to have product on the shelves when we release. How many times have you seen a product teased ("Look at our NEW product!!") and then you find out they made ONE.  Like, a single unit. It's really a prototype.  Maybe a concept car that doesn't even drive down the road.  Maybe an AK-50.  Not even fully tested yet and not ready for mass production.  Anyway, just saying, be careful what you ask for when you ask a company to just release something.  Little company's fall for it and send you a product they can't sustain or support and have unforeseen design and manufacturing issues.  Bigger companies just make people angry because the product may still be in production or it's hung up waiting for ATF forms to leave the plant.

In the end, there are a lot of moving pieces to launch a product. This is a pretty soft launch anyway (not the big orchestrated mums-the-word about it until an exact time.  Well kinda, anyway.  The info that we released to wholesale and dealers was meant to help them place orders so that you, a paying customer, can get a serial number asap and being the F4 process.  I mean, this isn't a video game download we got going here.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
and being the F4 process.  I mean, this isn't a video game download we got going here.  
View Quote

True, it’s like downloading a game on a 300 baud modem, and your mom picks up the phone every 5 minutes to call her knitting circle,

Or, more like downloading bits with a smoke signal fire.

FATF.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

We like to have product on the shelves when we release. How many times have you seen a product teased ("Look at our NEW product!!") and then you find out they made ONE.  Like, a single unit. It's really a prototype.  Maybe a concept car that doesn't even drive down the road.  Maybe an AK-50.  Not even fully tested yet and not ready for mass production.  Anyway, just saying, be careful what you ask for when you ask a company to just release something.  Little company's fall for it and send you a product they can't sustain or support and have unforeseen design and manufacturing issues.  Bigger companies just make people angry because the product may still be in production or it's hung up waiting for ATF forms to leave the plant.

In the end, there are a lot of moving pieces to launch a product. This is a pretty soft launch anyway (not the big orchestrated mums-the-word about it until an exact time.  Well kinda, anyway.  The info that we released to wholesale and dealers was meant to help them place orders so that you, a paying customer, can get a serial number asap and being the F4 process.  I mean, this isn't a video game download we got going here.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drama llamas

If you could honestly tell me it would be suitable for a g36,
Original Galil, or Aug, I’d look at buying one
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:48:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Wait!  You're making an AK-50 too?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:12:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is utter bullshit. At this point you’re starting to insult people’s intelligence with this artificial scenario. You’re in control of the relevant variables.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:10:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is utter bullshit. At this point you’re starting to insult people’s intelligence with this artificial scenario. You’re in control of the relevant variables.
View Quote

Not apologizing for Dead Air or anyone else, but that's kind of a simplistic viewpoint.

The thing is, these days to a greater extent than before, most companies aren't in control of the variables. Supply chain issues with materials, rising costs of materials, labor shortages in some markets, transportation and shipping delays, you name it it's more behind schedule and more expensive than it was yesterday.

Combine all that with the normal hurdles bringing a new product to market (design, prototype manufacturing, testing, possible redesign, more testing, production manufacturing, marketing, distribution, etc) and isn't surprising there are delays. Frustrating for consumers no doubt, but frustrating for producers as well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:02:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Any guesses on what it might be?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Deleted
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#45]

Old school styling FTW.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#47]

That’s hot
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

True, it’s like downloading a game on a 300 baud modem, and your mom picks up the phone every 5 minutes to call her knitting circle,

Or, more like downloading bits with a smoke signal fire.

FATF.

View Quote

Brings back some unpleasant memories of my sister and I fighting over the telephone back in the day when I was trying to get onto a bulletin board and she wanted to call friends.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Looks like a very truncated version of a knurled AEM5.  

I also thought of a BMX bike peg and others on Reddit had also come to that conclusion.

At least the engraving appears to be at the rear so if something goes tits up looks like they can cut the knurled part off and weld a new one on.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#50]
While it looks cool.  A heavy .556 K can doesn't warm the wallet enough to open.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top