Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2023 12:06:10 AM EDT
Picked up my Odessa a couple days ago and I had planned on shooting it tomorrow.  Reading over the manual it stated that they don’t recommend the use of Griffin Armament pistons due to slight nominal dimensional variations.

I had planned on using a GA CamLok piston since most of my pistol hosts have the CamLok muzzle devices. Now I’m not so sure.  Anyone here use GA’s CamLok or EZLok system on their Odessa?  Any issues?  @Mageever
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 7:27:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I have EZ Lok with my Odessa and it has been fine. Run across several hosts.

Not a ton of rounds, but probably a couple hundred with this setup.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have EZ Lok with my Odessa and it has been fine. Run across several hosts.

Not a ton of rounds, but probably a couple hundred with this setup.
View Quote
I use Cam Lok with my Odessa. I mainly use it in a short config with just 4 or 5 baffles. Maybe long configuration might put more stress on the piston.

No issues at all. But also have only put few boxes of 9mm through it. Maybe 200-250 rounds.

Even though I don't clean suppressor baffles very often, I do try to keep the pistons well cleaned and lubed. My understanding is that dirty pistons can cause a lot of problems and pronounced wear.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought the CamLok piston shortly after purchasing the can last year.  The purpose of this can was for use on my pistols with stock sights and no optics and I love using the CamLok system.  

Only difference I can see when comparing the DA and GA pistons is the GA is slightly longer.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I started with Cam-Lok, now have switched to EZ-Lok on my Odessa and all my other (mainly GA) suppressors. I haven't had any issues I could attribute to either design/ being a "foreign" piston.

What I have experienced is the Odessa sends a metric crapton more gunk back into the action than my other suppressors, so much that it will make a gun with lots of moving parts in the bolt/fine tolerances lock up a lot faster (less than 50 rounds on a BHP, for instance). This is with Speer 147. You'll find your booster will be caked with the stuff quickly, so keep it well lubed.

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the history lesson Green0

Appreciate the info Airman.

I adopted the CamLok system early on and spent a bit of $ on it so I’m sticking with it.  I’ve tried the EZLok and can see how people like it more.  You just have to know the trick to mount a can to the CamLok system and I’ve gotten used to it.  

I was really excited to test out the new cans I just got on a batch approval but will have to wait until next weekend since my plans fell through.  I’ll have the Odessa ready with a CamLok piston though.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 6:57:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Is the slightly longer EZ/ Cam Lok piston part of the reason they won’t work with Gen 4/5 Glocks or is it just the adapter diameter?
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I have an Odessa. I started with Cam Lok and then moved to EZ Lok. The EZ Lok is very secure and I have had no baffle strikes. I use cheap 147gr handloads, and shoot it a good bit. Its on a Gen 4 G19. There are some dings on the plastic nub, but nothing that seems to impact function, at least since I switched to a .40 G23 spring. Before, it was a bit sluggish going back into battery sometimes, but I’m not sure that had anything to do with the piston. Probably just a gun quirk.

You do have to clean pretty often with the Odessa, and keep the piston lubed. I lube it between cleanings without disassembly.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I adopted the CamLok system early on and spent a bit of $ on it so I'm sticking with it.  I've tried the EZLok and can see how people like it more.  You just have to know the trick to mount a can to the CamLok system and I've gotten used to it.  
View Quote
That's where I am.

I like Cam Lok enough that I won't be changing it out. Plus I like the 3-lug like QD aspect.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top