[#1]
I seent that

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By laxman09:
I seent that

View Quote

I've always wanted an FDE ACR to go with my black one... but realistically, I doubt that will ever happen.

This JAKL though... and under $1300.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:41:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

I've always wanted an FDE ACR to go with my black one... but realistically, I doubt that will ever happen.

View Quote

I understand why, but P&W muzzle devices makes me big sad.

I might save up and SBR a jakl lower and pair with a 10.5" upper for ACR SBR hotness
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]

I might save up and SBR a jakl lower and pair with a 10.5" upper for ACR SBR hotness
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That would be cool too.

I sent my ACR to ADCO for a P&W years ago. It doesn't bother me.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Will it fire with the stock folded?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:03:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#6]
Originally Posted By Kujoe:
Will it fire with the stock folded?
View Quote

Yeah.

They have skeleton stock / stockless ones as well.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/jakl/complete-guns.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#7]
OOS. What was the price?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Good looking carbine...
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Should have made sfock more fish tail looking and called it a BASS or Trout.   Could have large mouth or small mouth based on large or small frame.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By LiveFree482:
OOS. What was the price?
View Quote

$1299 for that one.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Those are really nice.  I just want them to go with a normal 16” barrel since I don’t have a Keymo-compatible suppressor.  Until then, I can resist the temptation.

And I don’t need/want another <=11.5” 5.56 SBR.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I had to do a double take when I saw that email. I too need a FDE one to match my black one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#14]
OOS, that almost cost me $1300.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 11:29:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#17]
If it had a quick change barrel and caliber conversions available it would kill the ACR.

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
If it had a quick change barrel and caliber conversions available it would kill the ACR.
View Quote

Can’t kill what’s already dead.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I want one
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I have an SBR'ed lower that I'm going to put a JAKL upper on to make a gun like in OP but shorter (8.5" 300)

Although I already have this SBR lower to use for this, I am also ordering a complete JAKL lower with the upper. Why? Because the F5 folding SCAR type stock is $250 on its own if you go buy one separately yet the complete lower with this stock is only $299. So once I take the stock off and put it on my lower, I will have basically a complete lower for $50 to use for something else or sell.

Also I don't have to spend an extra $100 to get the buffer/stock adapter piece. Upper and lower together is under $1K. Seems like a very good deal, almost TOO good...

Gotta love PSA!

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 8:32:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#21]
Originally Posted By hhsmiley:
I have an SBR'ed lower that I'm going to put a JAKL upper on to make a gun like in OP but shorter (8.5" 300)

Although I already have this SBR lower to use for this, I am also ordering a complete JAKL lower with the upper. Why? Because the F5 folding SCAR type stock is $250 on its own if you go buy one separately yet the complete lower with this stock is only $299. So once I take the stock off and put it on my lower, I will have basically a complete lower for $50 to use for something else or sell.

Also I don't have to spend an extra $100 to get the buffer/stock adapter piece. Upper and lower together is under $1K. Seems like a very good deal, almost TOO good...

Gotta love PSA!
View Quote

I ordered a blem FDE JAKL lower with the F5 stock for $300 and sent in the form 1.
As soon as it comes in I'm ordering an 8.5" .300 upper.
Mini ACR for under $1K FTW
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:01:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AR_Dale:
OOS, that almost cost me $1300.
View Quote

It's back in stock. @AR_Dale
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#23]
What is going on with the muzzle device? It looks way too long to fit inside a suppressor.
I have a Sandman K, Omega 30, Specwar 556K, Turbo K, will any of those fit?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Now back in stock, sorry.

What is going on with the muzzle device? It looks way too long to fit inside a suppressor.
I have a Sandman K, Omega 30, Specwar 556K, Turbo K, will any of those fit?
View Quote

Depends - if it's designed to fit a suppressor, the reverse is also true. All the mounting systems vary in their blast chamber sizing which is what the muzzle device fits into. Everything else is a matter of the tolerances.

I actually think it's awesome they offer a menu of different muzzle devices for different suppressor systems.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:

Depends - if it's designed to fit a suppressor, the reverse is also true. All the mounting systems vary in their blast chamber sizing which is what the muzzle device fits into. Everything else is a matter of the tolerances.

I actually think it's awesome they offer a menu of different muzzle devices for different suppressor systems.
View Quote

Menu? I added to cart and don't see any option for a different muzzle device.
I think I figured out the length, it has an extra long shoulder. Why not just use a 14.5" instead of 13.7"?
I just want to 100% know what I am getting into before I spend $1300.

Obviously I could swap the muzzle device and redo P&W.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#26]

I think I figured out the length, it has an extra long shoulder. Why not just use a 14.5" instead of 13.7"?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-jakl-14-5-rifle-length-5-56-1-7-nitride-asr-flash-hider-moe-sl-ept-f5-stock-rifle-fde.html

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 11:13:19 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

They list them all as separate parts/skus, and then there is an even wider selection of separate uppers to totally confuse the heck out of everyone. But options are there, between the calibers, barrel lengths, and muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#28]
I enjoy mine quite a lot:
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Paulie771:
I enjoy mine quite a lot:
https://i.imgur.com/oVgpTJg.jpg
View Quote

This looks great. Sort of ACR spiritual successor.

How is the stock? I heard the F5 made stock is not as good as Magpul ACR stock.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:34:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Any reliability updates on these? Wouldn’t mind grabbing one but hoping teething issues are done, even if it will just be a range toy.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:30:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#31]
Originally Posted By Beyond_Visual_Range:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Beyond_Visual_Range:

I like it a lot. I don't have much experience w/ the Magpul ACR stock, so unfortunately I can't give you much of a comparison.  I'm not worried about going out and butt-stroking someone with it. Worst I can see having to do w/ it is mortar it for a stuck case or something and it feels sturdy enough to handle something like that.  I know some people have alluded to them being 3d printed but this one feels exactly like any other injection molded part to me.

Originally Posted By Kwisak:
Any reliability updates on these? Wouldn’t mind grabbing one but hoping teething issues are done, even if it will just be a range toy.
I haven't had any out of mine.  Granted, I don't have THAT many rounds through it, maybe 200? But it's been a mix of steel case , brass reloads, and factory brass w/o a failure yet.  The adjustable gas system helps w/ that.  All of mine have been suppressed as well.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:43:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#32]
Here's a detailed break down of the internals for those that care.  There's also a dedicated board to the Jakl in the AR tech board now for all your Jakl needs:

Since this is based on a standard AR lower, all you do is pop the rear take down pin and rotate the upper.  You can see the only major difference on an AR lower is the much thinner bolt catch. If you buy an upper separately, these are included:

Then push in and then down on the guide rod spring to release it:

Inside the monolith upper:

Pull back on the charging handle until it's in this notch and you'll be able remove it from the sled and pull the BCG out:

Everything removed from the upper:

After that, it's a very similar break down to an AR BCG:

My only small complaint is the locking mechanism for the stock.  It is sufficient to keep the stock closed and it's easy to open w/ just a quick flick of the wrist, but as there's no active locking mechanism (it's just friction), there is a small amount of play and the stock will "droop" a little bit under gravity.  Easy fix is to just store it w/ the stock on top if this bothers you. I wouldn't mind figuring out a way to attach a pair of magnets or something to keep it close, though:

If anyone wants any other pics, let me know.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Paulie771:
Here's a detailed break down of the internals for those that care.  There's also a dedicated board to the Jakl in the AR tech board now for all your Jakl needs:

Since this is based on a standard AR lower, all you do is pop the rear take down pin and rotate the upper.  You can see the only major difference on an AR lower is the much thinner bolt catch. If you buy an upper separately, these are included:
https://i.imgur.com/m2a1Ih8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/s625RCJ.jpg

Then push in and then down on the guide rod spring to release it:
https://i.imgur.com/Fu62zSd.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XSMC2PM.jpg

Inside the monolith upper:
https://i.imgur.com/l9TuO4E.jpg

Pull back on the charging handle until it's in this notch and you'll be able remove it from the sled and pull the BCG out:
https://i.imgur.com/vkDOXjt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uqq2AbS.jpg

Everything removed from the upper:
https://i.imgur.com/ns7I2LZ.jpg

After that, it's a very similar break down to an AR BCG:
https://i.imgur.com/O0usQqD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GXEiFtt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/abLFgcL.jpg

My only small complaint is the locking mechanism for the stock.  It is sufficient to keep the stock closed and it's easy to open w/ just a quick flick of the wrist, but as there's no active locking mechanism (it's just friction), there is a small amount of play and the stock will "droop" a little bit under gravity.  Easy fix is to just store it w/ the stock on top if this bothers you. I wouldn't mind figuring out a way to attach a pair of magnets or something to keep it close, though:
https://i.imgur.com/hCjaaSG.jpg

If anyone wants any other pics, let me know.
View Quote

Thank you for the photos!
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Thank you for the photos!
View Quote

+1

If it’s any consolation on the stock, that’s exactly how the original ACR stock works, just a somewhat tensioned hinge.

I do prefer the HK UMP/G36 or AKS-74 latching-style to securely keep something folded but after surviving 94-04 I am glad for any folding capability.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top