Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2018 1:41:52 PM EDT
I ordered a shotgun for a customer that had to be returned, the forearm was cracked when we opened the package.  This is the first time this has happened and I’m not sure how to record it in my bound book.  What I’m thinking is it comes in from the distributor and back out to them…am I correct?  For some reason I’m having a hard time thinking it’s that simple.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently bought a new M&P-15 Sport II online and after getting it from my FFL guy, I noticed damage to the barrel that wasn't apparent at his house.  I contacted the seller and they said that if I had seen at at the FFL's location, they would have shipped it back and replaced it themselves.  Since I did take it, I was told to contact Smith & Wesson, which I did and they looked at the pics I sent and paid to have it returned to them.  I got it back yesterday, shipped directly back to my home and they fixed it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I ordered a shotgun for a customer that had to be returned, the forearm was cracked when we opened the package.  This is the first time this has happened and I’m not sure how to record it in my bound book.  What I’m thinking is it comes in from the distributor and back out to them…am I correct?  For some reason I’m having a hard time thinking it’s that simple.  Thanks for the help.
View Quote

You record acquisitions and dispositions. Whether the firearm was received damaged doesn't affect how you make entries in your bound book.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Log it in when you receive, log out when it goes some where else, pretty simple.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys...like I said first time it's happened and we all know the ATF has some strange regs and I wanted to make sure my thinking was correct.  Thanks again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top