Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2022 2:23:40 AM EDT
I recently picked up a Turbo T2, my first 5.56 can in a long time. I mounted it with DT to make it as short and light as possible. It tightened up all my groups. Would I have had the same experience if I used a taper mount (Plan B, Plan A, Rearden, Xeno, etc.)?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Would I have had the same experience if I used a taper mount (Plan B, Plan A, Rearden, Xeno, etc.)?
View Quote
@Mageever @Green0

My understanding is, yes. A good taper design like Xeno or Plan A should give you a repeatable zero. Plus the added benefit of a secure mounting that won't loosen when heating up.

However, I think the reason your groups tightened vs. bare muzzle is the weight on the end of the barrel dampened harmonics.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Mageever @Green0

My understanding is, yes. A good taper design like Xeno or Plan A should give you a repeatable zero. Plus the added benefit of a secure mounting that won't loosen when heating up.

However, I think the reason your groups tightened vs. bare muzzle is the weight on the end of the barrel dampened harmonics.
View Quote

I agree with everything you said.

One good thing about the taper systems is that it's not sensitive to torque like a direct thread setup.  For direct thread to be used correctly, it should really be tightened down with good torque, and that slope is steep.  Hand tightening might get you 5-10 ft-lbs and will eventually come loose--which is the worst situation to be in with a suppressor.  5-10 ft-lbs on a taper system is easily repeated by hand and it fully secures for repeatability and doesn't come loose easily.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]
DT works, that's for sure. But as Green0 stated with a whole lot more knowledge on the subject than I, the taper mount is better.

I'm a fan of the Plan A mount to the can, and the minimalist flash hider MD. I need to get another set of these some day..

Rock solid setup on my 10.5" with a YHM Turbo-K.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top