Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/18/2018 7:33:30 PM EDT
Any thoughts on the DSArms M203 for $594.95 minus barrel? They also have one marked for Mexican Military. Probably a contract overrun or cancellation?

Any 37mm barrels to be had? What happened to Randy Shivek (spelling?)

DSArms M203 Receiver
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmmmm
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Hngggggggg....
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 5:01:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got one on order. When I called and talked with them they said it was a contract over run.

They make rail mount units as well, but they didn't see those as being available in surplus for the unwashed masses yet.

That worked out well, as this will be #2 for the year, and I don't really want to start on #3 yet.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I nearly ordered one, and then I remembered how horribly out of spec the dimensions on the last RPD receiver I bought was... their quality has slipped lately, it seems. That no-barrel M203 is $600 for a reason.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#5]
So where does one purchase barrels for these things?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So where does one purchase barrels for these things?
View Quote
LMT sells barrels, for the LMT no-barrel M203. They might sell a barrel to someone with one of these, upon proof of registration. Past that... secondary market. $3-400.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...their quality has slipped lately, it seems. That no-barrel M203 is $600 for a reason.
View Quote
Do you have anything other than the low price to support this conclusion?
I know they've subbed receivers out in the past (to LMT for example), so I'm not sure what they made/make in-house.

If the barrel assembly slides on, and the mount fits the host, that's all it has to accomplish. The guts are already present.
They even staked the pin hole for the barrel latch, which is more than can be said for the Colt launchers AU recently released.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Fair enough, I guess I'll find out. I gambled on one, myself.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know they've subbed receivers out in the past (to LMT for example), so I'm not sure what they made/make in-house.

If the barrel assembly slides on, and the mount fits the host, that's all it has to accomplish. The guts are already present.
They even staked the pin hole for the barrel latch, which is more than can be said for the Colt launchers AU recently released.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...their quality has slipped lately, it seems. That no-barrel M203 is $600 for a reason.

That's correct for an M203.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I know. That's my point... DSA staked them. Colt/AU did not. (Unsure if AU acquired them from Colt stripped or complete).
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I know. That's my point... DSA staked them. Colt/AU did not. (Unsure if AU acquired them from Colt stripped or complete).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm saying that not staking them is correct for an M203. When an M203 is mounted to an M16A1 or M16A2, the pin is retained by the hand guard.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought the latest spec was to stake, because they aren't retained on RAS (or RIS II) equipped weapons (M4A1, M16A4 MWS)?
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#13]
The US Military calls the ones with staked pins and QD mounts M203A2s. Not sure if they are stamped A2 after the M203 bit or just left marked M203 though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Got mine and it looks good!

My local dealer had multiple orders from DSA from this sale, hope a good response on this sale prompts them to sell some rail mount models.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I received mine and slapped it onto an 80% lower build I did.

The DSA M203 seems to be very well made- it seems as nice or nicer than the Colt M203s I've seen of late. Will try and upload pics this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered one yesterday.

When I checked out it said free shipping but when I got the invoice they charged me $20 for shipping and handling.

Did that happen to anyone else?
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I ordered one yesterday.

When I checked out it said free shipping but when I got the invoice they charged me $20 for shipping and handling.

Did that happen to anyone else?
View Quote
Nope.   Mine says 0 shipping and 0 tax.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone know if the FAB Defense stand alone stock DSA is selling will fit these?
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't see why it wouldn't. It's an M203 stock. Apparently it's the older version of the FD-203 (judging by their photos).
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#20]
How can you verify dealers with FFL on file with them?

BTW?
Y’all are a bunch of enablers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#21]
A legit M203 with that can be paired with a $400 barrel when your stamp gets back. The surplus 37mm LEO rounds entering the market could be fun with a DD.

Yes please.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#22]
https://www.dsarms.com/storelocation

"On-file" doesn't bear much relevance these days, with email copies and FFL eZcheck.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://www.dsarms.com/storelocation

"On-file" doesn't bear much relevance these days, with email copies and FFL eZcheck.
View Quote
I get an ERROR code.
Guess it’s up to my FFL.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I am very tempted by this... I've always wanted an M203 but I keep having reservations about it. Mainly because it seems difficult to find ammo like the chalk rounds. I may just have to bite the bullet and buy one now
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, hell. I guess this will be my first DD form 1.  Tagged for parts info.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#26]
For those that already received theirs, at what point did DSA contact you? Haven’t heard a peep from them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh, we've been 'talking'

Mine should be here tomorrow.  In the mean time I've gone round and round with them about charging me an extra $20 for shipping.  When I checked out it showed free shipping.  The confirmation I received showed free shipping.  The invoice I got later had $20 added for shipping and handling.  I emailed them to complain and they offered me a $20 store credit, when I asked them to just credit my card they stop communicating.  Then they changed the website to show $20 flat rate shipping (Sorry to anyone who ordered after that).

I'm guessing you're asking about them contacting you for your FFL info.  I was proactive and had my FFL send his info right after I placed the order, then contacted DSA and let them know which FFL was mine so they could match it up and ship.

Terrible website, terrible customer service.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Slight diversion - But what is the availability of full sized hand guards with sights?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#29]
There are some on the EE currently for about $65 in the NFA section.
They pop up fairly regularly, sometimes with sights.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Having fired an Army M203 w/ the original polymer handguard, I highly recommend a modern upper rail w/ a Picatinny sight mounted.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Ok stupid question time... Why is that better? Did you have trouble with the sight on the polymer hand guard?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:. Ok stupid question time... Why is that better? Did you have trouble with the sight on the polymer hand guard?
View Quote
The polymer hand guard was so worn out the sights were tens of degrees of angle, not minutes or even hours.  You would have been embarrassed to own a shotgun with sights that wobley.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Gotcha. Well I pulled a new set out of the bag and installed everything. It's nice and tight.

Link Posted: 8/9/2018 2:45:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Which 40mm barrel is better?
9" or 12"?
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 3:39:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Gotcha. Well I pulled a new set out of the bag and installed everything. It's nice and tight.

http://i64.tinypic.com/el6001.jpg
View Quote
Is that a milled trigger guard?  I bet LMT made those for DSA.  LMT has made things for them in the past.  Does the receiver have two threaded holes on the left side?
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#36]
That is a LMT M203 I bought in 2011. It has a stamped trigger guard.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I have a registered LMT rail mounted w 9 inch barrel. and 2 colt 12 inch barrels
I want to get one of these receivers and put a 37mm barrel on it. Is there a way to put a sleeve in the 40 mm to make it legal w this receiver?
If not where are you getting 37mm barrels for it ?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't know that 37mm barrels which fit standard receivers have been available since Randy retired from making them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 4:49:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have a registered LMT rail mounted w 9 inch barrel. and 2 colt 12 inch barrels
I want to get one of these receivers and put a 37mm barrel on it. Is there a way to put a sleeve in the 40 mm to make it legal w this receiver?
If not where are you getting 37mm barrels for it ?
View Quote
I got mine attached to a Colt M203.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Yo,

If anyone wants to sell their DSA M203, Shoot me an IM/Email.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Aww crap. Theyre sold out. I was about to buy the mexico one. Sigh...
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Yes, you can sleeve an M203 standard 40mm barrel to 37mm to make it a flare launcher only. The sleeve needs to be not removable though... GROG
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
These Title 1 receivers were a contract overrun. Due the popularity of sales/requests, DSA will be making more M203 Receivers down the road. ETA: 3-4 months is what I was quoted.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
These Title 1 receivers were a contract overrun. Due the popularity of sales/requests, DSA will be making more M203 Receivers down the road. ETA: 3-4 months is what I was quoted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is great to know!! Hopefully then i will be able to get one.

Hopefully someone who is able to get one can post a review of theirs.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Who knows where to find a 37mm barrel for one?
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did you hear that from them?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Any word if these are coming back?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 7:24:24 AM EDT
[#48]
OK, so I finally made an arfcom account so I could reply to this thread. I talked to DSA over email and they said they plan on having them back in stock before the end of the year. I then asked them about it at KCR and they said they own the forging dies for the receivers, but did not make the small parts themselves for the last run, so when they make more they "should" be even cheaper! He also said they won't make any unless they can figure out how to make a Title 1 37mm barrel. I suggested sleeved 40mm barrels but he said the ATF hinted that it wasn't a good idea for them to do. But 37mm smooth bore M203 barrels should be easy to make if they are already making 40mm ones.

That being said, I am in the process of putting together a 37mm M203 barrel from a demilled 40mm one. I will make a new thread on the subject when my material arrives this week
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 7:55:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Where do you get the 40mm barrels?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm trying to find more. only have one right now, well actually its pieces of two demilled ones that make a whole. Problem is that they are different MFGR so the outside diameters are different. Shouldn't matter much though because I am sleeving them on the inside and it will be covered up by the new handguard I had to buy to replace the sawn in half one

I found the one I have at a gunshow. I may sell it when I'm done as I would rather have the money for when DSA starts selling receivers again and I will form 1 it. I have too much 40mm ammo and accessories saved up to get another 37mm gun. And you can always buy a 40mm barrel off gunbroker to sleeve into a 37mm. Heck I may sell sleeves if I can successfully make more than one. I will have a few feet of leftover material. I've been thinking about making the sleeve a little short so that some of the 40mm barrel and rifling shows at the end of the barrel and it looks original. Not sure how the ATF would view that though
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top