Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2021 10:50:20 AM EDT
I finally picked up my first FAL. After missing out on the Imbel  gear logo one earlier. I picked this one up off of Gun Broker.

I do not have it yet. So the only  pictures I have are from the sellers dark pictures from Gun Broker.

I know very little about FAL's But been doing some reading.

DSA Grayslake marked type 1 receiver serial number DS11*** from what I read its a very early LMT made receiver for DSA. If I read right it very well could be almost all Steyr parts. But I will not  know till I have it in my hands.

It Does not have a carry handle cut receiver. I was thinking about sending it off to Arizona Response System to have Mark cut it in and install a carry handle. Will this hurt the value any in the long run.?

It has a bipod cut barrel, lever style gas plug, STG58 flash hider,  The dust cover is FN. The bolt, bolt carrier, and lower all have matching numbers (120635), seller never said any thing about markings on the barrel so unsure if it is marked or not, and that's about all I know about it.

What parts are USA made on this other than the receiver?

Did DSA build pre-ban FAL's ?

I have sent an email to DSA asking what year it was made and if it was sold as a complete factory gun or sold as a bare receiver.

I know its hard to tell for these dark pictures much.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

last three digits blocked out in picture.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice rifle. The Grayslake receivers have been known for their quality for years. Should be a good shooter. Also looks like your barrel is cut for the Steyr bipod, so start looking for one. And go start a membership at the FAL Files, many kidred spirits there (my humble self included)
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice rifle. The Grayslake receivers have been known for their quality for years. Should be a good shooter. Also looks like your barrel is cut for the Steyr bipod, so start looking for one. And go start a membership at the FAL Files, many kidred spirits there (my humble self included)
View Quote

I actually have an STG58 new unissued bipod coming. And a tube type bayonet. But I read that the STG58 was never issued  bayonets. So?

bipod

Bayonet
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I actually have an STG58 new unissued bipod coming. And a tube type bayonet. But I read that the STG58 was never issued  bayonets. So?

bipod

Bayonet
View Quote

the Imbel Bayonets only fit on the standard style compensator I believe. Not the Austrian type
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

the Imbel Bayonets only fit on the standard style compensator I believe. Not the Austrian type
View Quote

Yeah it may not fit. I bought it before I knew the STG58 didn’t supposedly use a bayonet. Oh well I will resell it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top