Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2020 1:15:19 AM EDT
Happened to click on a mailer for this M16 being listed at $18,000. What caught my attention was the RDIAS in the photos. Price seemed way to low. The RDIAS has the same serial number as the lower RIA/Sendra. I'm guessing the massive discount is because this RDIAS is married to the lower?

Link to MG, its already sold and I have no connection to this sale I'm just curious whats going on with it.
https://www.gunspot.com/listings/detail/2931/m16-transferable-machine-gun/
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:44:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Very likely a married DIAS.

Probably originally done by registering the gun as a conversion and using an unserialed DIAS, then later the receiver serial was added to the DIAS body.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:54:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very likely a married DIAS.

Probably originally done by registering the gun as a conversion and using an unserialed DIAS, then later the receiver serial was added to the DIAS body.
View Quote
Yea this. The rdas needs to stay with the lower and you can't convert the lower to a normal m16 one by drilling a normal sear hole as that is a new MG in the eyes of the atf.

You see this a lot more with HK guns. A few smiths registered the receivers but used a custom sear/trip in the lower that should have been registered instead(or the lower should have been converted to dual push pin).
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:05:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Semi auto receiver was registered as machinegun prior to 1986 and after approved, instead of converting lower to a full auto, a DIAS was used and thus married to the lower in perpetuity.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Would need to see the form to see who OEM is.

It is possible the DIAS is the registered part. If the receiver is the registered part, run.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#5]
That serial number does not match the one on the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, saw that and the light did not go on.

F4 will tell you easily which is the registered part.

It appears the maker added his initials to the guns SN on the sear, which is meaningless of the gun s registered.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:14:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I have heard that those can possibly be separated. . The main thing is that the The Host was in no way converted in itself. As in the sear hole was not drilled. Those DIAS's are treated as machine guns all in themselves. That makes it different than say. The Fleming registered AK-47 sears which required the receiver to be modified/drilled to work. And a loose AK sear by itself is meaningless (not instant Felony) like a DIAS is. Somebody knew what that was. And Frank didn't catch it. . That's why it sold in record time. .
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
The receiver of the firearm and the dias both appear to have the serial # 101627
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#9]
MWT confirmed, a marriage.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Happened to click on a mailer for this M16 being listed at $18,000. What caught my attention was the RDIAS in the photos. Price seemed way to low. The RDIAS has the same serial number as the lower RIA/Sendra. I'm guessing the massive discount is because this RDIAS is married to the lower?

Link to MG, its already sold and I have no connection to this sale I'm just curious whats going on with it.
https://www.gunspot.com/listings/detail/2931/m16-transferable-machine-gun/
View Quote
The person that sold it should have stated all this upfront in their listing.

The fact they didn't is a red flag.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The person that sold it should have stated all this upfront in their listing.

The fact they didn't is a red flag.
View Quote
Red flag on who, MWT? No, there's no red flags with them. They'll answer any question and have an iron clad return policy if you don't get exactly what you expect.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Red flag on who, MWT? No, there's no red flags with them. They'll answer any question and have an iron clad return policy if you don't get exactly what you expect.
View Quote
Yeah I bought my m11 from them they are gtg. I think they move a lot of inventory and don't put that much time into the description of each MG. But if you ask they will tell you everything you want to know.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top