Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2018 10:09:02 PM EDT
(yes, I know we have a general thread on these here in the PCC section already but a separate thread would be better for those googling in the future)

Got it in my hands on the 7th (ordered from Atlantic on the 28th, good guys as always; great price and timely shipping for a firearm especially considering the current "panic") and have proceeded to put 300 rounds through it since then so this is all initial results from a college guy who doesn't oper8.

The good:
Stupid fun to shoot both as a large handgun (size wise its virtually 1:1 with a C96), using the brace as its meant (its actually practical with this thing), and how everyone actually uses the brace (totally not shouldered Mr ATF man, totally)

Its frickin' tiny, you can actually holster this little thing and carry it around without discomfort it also makes a perfect vehicle gun (see pic below)

Extremely quiet suppressed (seriously, with a good can you're getting pretty darn close to suppressed .22lr levels), unsuppressed its not much louder than a .22lr handgun

Similar to ^, the 12x28 threads are perfectly machined

Absolutely zero recoil (ie .22lr but with a decent thud against whatever you hit)

The trigger is nothing special but amazing as military triggers go. If you've fondled a CZ-75 you know what to expect

Fit and finish is par for course for Czech designs. The upper is light sheet metal but there are no sharp edges and everything is perfectly stamped, the lower and all other parts are perfectly machined. Similarly the brace adapter is machined very well and matches the factory lines perfectly and is a perfect match finish wise.

Mags are $20-25 (not bad for a fun plinker) and bulk ammo can be hand for under 25 cents per round shipped.

You can get literally anything and everything parts wise for it from Czechpoint themselves.

The buffer tube was properly installed when I got my hands on it. Tight and straight

The "bad":
The safety is plastic...

Various bitching about things not being perfect:
The black plastic grips are just meh...(Czechpoint, if you end up reading this PLEASE just put original wood on from the start) HOWEVER, there really isn't anything physically "wrong" with them. The plastic is good, fit is good, etc but its heresy for such amazing Czechnology to just have plain black plastic

The angle of the buffer tube adapter could be a bit more angled downward. Natural cheek placement when braced just doesn't cooperate with the irons, you have to move you face pretty far back (with the brace fully extended) to get a good sight picture. When going all high speed and low drag its very easy to have your shots go high. If you were to somehow mount a red dot on it the angle would be prefect though

It shoots very high from the factory, could be that its sighted in for 75m but we're talking .32 ACP here.....would be nice if these were dialed in at say 25m from the start. Will adjust them next time out and will update with groups

Full mags, especially the 20 rounders, can be a bit difficult to lock in under a closed bolt.

There was very little oil on it out of the box (but no rust)

No real way to mount an optic but we're talking developed in 1959 so what can you do

Reliability:
Out of 300 rounds of various euro-spec ammo so far, I had 1 FTF at about round 120 on day one. HOWEVER this was straight out of the box and with no TLC (no oil, no cleaning, nothing). The bolt simply didn't go all the way forward. Simply racked the bolt and rocked on. Haven't tried any hollow points or US spec stuff but do not plan to (shit's not as cheap yo!)

Accuracy:
Will update when I get around to actual testing other than plate shooting. From current experience though, I anticipate perfectly serviceable results.

Future plans:
Eventually it will be getting a Hera Arms buffer tube folding mechanism and maybe replace the Blade+KAK tube with an adjustable Tailhook. Also am working on a way to bubba a red dot on it that'll hold zero. No plans to SBR

Other notes:
The grip is pretty big, those with small hands may have an issue

This thing launches the casings with a very nice buzzing sound with about a second of airtime directly over your head. The won't come down on top of you but they'll land about 5 feet behind you so keep that in mind on a covered range, or if shooting and moving the cases will be behind you (could slip on them or something on concrete)

Overall I'd give it a 4/5. As far as guns that I was incredibly hyped to get, this one satisfies

Do highly recommend as an awesome and fun gun to shoot and as an awesome piece of Czechnology but if you're a l33t HSLD oper8or that needs everything to be perfectly suited to T-zone shoot baddies on your daily ops, you probably won't like it Happy shooting guys

My best attempt at some pics for your enjoyment (will add more like of the internals, please ask if you want anything specific), please excuse potatoness from my phone and my poor skills:

IE of how its a perfect fit for vehicles even with brace fully extended

Terrible, out of focus, vertical video of me shooting it
VZ-61 Skorpion suppressed - F1 can
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 5:18:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Any ETA on these?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top