Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2020 4:49:01 PM EDT
Good Lord....Only $700.00! Get your's while you can.

1945 Czech Model 98 Mauser Rifle Unboxing

The sad part is that they will sell every-single-one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Well......capitalism......
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if these are some of the Ethiopian guns
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 9:11:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks

I’ll pass
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like the Samco rifles that they sold for years for around $250. Nice rifles and a nice bit of history , but $700 is a bit of a stretch , but they will sell fast.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#6]
What's the story on these? Assembled after the war? Why is there a medallion in the stock?

Seems classic is running the usual fine line between lying and not calling these kind of German but Czech or something. Guessing they were never proofed by the germans
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Ole Sweaty Ben at it again
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the story on these? Assembled after the war? Why is there a medallion in the stock?

Seems classic is running the usual fine line between lying and not calling these kind of German but Czech or something. Guessing they were never proofed by the germans
View Quote
Most if not all would be post war assembly of left over parts, rejected parts , or newly made parts to complete the rifles. Most again if not all were originally made for Czech army and phased out in 1950 ish and then exported to various countries.

The medallion is interesting and I will have to look at the pic a bit closer to see what it is.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wonder if these are some of the Ethiopian guns
View Quote
General consensus with the medallion/coin inlet, yes...

A 98k code collector will find these interesting, as the Germans made no dot 45 guns (just swp 45's) so the dot 45 roll mark was done by the Czech's post war, so its an interesting code variant (like the later Czech tgf marked guns)

But still way overpriced by Ben D'Over….

Yeah, they'll sell, yeah, capitalism...but savvy collectors aren't shelling out for these, mostly its tards with more money than brains either thinking its a great investment, or tards that don't know shit...maybe 10% hard core collectors that just have to have one...

I think they might be worth grabbing around the $500-$550 mark...also depends on condition...

ETA Fucking first one he drags out has rear band backwards, and sling on wrong side...

Post war Czech only "winter" trigger guard (NEVER used by Germans...)
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree.  Way overpriced. If you knew the bore condition, maybe. But it had better be bright and shiny. I bet most are sewer pipes
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#12]
The post-war Czech rifles previously on the market are void of manufacturer codes on the receiver are they not?
Quoted:
If you knew the bore condition, maybe. But it had better be bright and shiny. I bet most are sewer pipes
View Quote
Considering they might have come out of Africa...
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like the Samco rifles that they sold for years for around $250. Nice rifles and a nice bit of history , but $700 is a bit of a stretch , but they will sell fast.
View Quote
I seem to recall seeing these Mausers in Samco's print ads, back when I was receiving them in the late 1990s and early 2000s.  If my memory is right, they had several grades available.  They ranged from nearly unissued, to kind of beat up.  I think they also had some barrelled actions, as well.  I was then--and still am--collecting mostly for the national crests.  So these, as well as most other K98 types, didn't fit.

But I have to agree, even at $700 to $800, they will go quickly.   (Now I have to go into the file cabinet and see if I kept any of the Samco Print ads.  That'll be a long term archaeological dig for me, though.  And I probably tossed them.)
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 6:46:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Makes me ever happier I was able to find my excellent Chilean M1912-61 this weekend for $350.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#15]
So what does a decent functional 8mm Mauser k98 go for on average?

I have one with about 750 rds to sell. What should I list it at on ee?
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So what does a decent functional 8mm Mauser k98 go for on average?

I have one with about 750 rds to sell. What should I list it at on ee?
View Quote
Is it original condition, RC, Romanian return, Yugo return etc etc????

Lots and lots of variables here.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I certainly wouldn't mind owning one, at a more reasonable price.

I just don't think the value is there, for me, anyways.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Is it original condition, RC, Romanian return, Yugo return etc etc????

Lots and lots of variables here.
View Quote
Yeah, not enough info to make a reasonable estimate.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

General consensus with the medallion/coin inlet, yes...

A 98k code collector will find these interesting, as the Germans made no dot 45 guns (just swp 45's) so the dot 45 roll mark was done by the Czech's post war, so its an interesting code variant (like the later Czech tgf marked guns)

But still way overpriced by Ben D'Over….

Yeah, they'll sell, yeah, capitalism...but savvy collectors aren't shelling out for these, mostly its tards with more money than brains either thinking its a great investment, or tards that don't know shit...maybe 10% hard core collectors that just have to have one...

I think they might be worth grabbing around the $500-$550 mark...also depends on condition...

ETA Fucking first one he drags out has rear band backwards, and sling on wrong side...

Post war Czech only "winter" trigger guard (NEVER used by Germans...)
View Quote
I doubt these are overpriced at all considering how much the Russian captures are selling for. Those are just mix masters with defaced proofs
These rifles are made just after World War II and contain the lion proof mark of the Czechs . They are made on the same machinery and materials that they made Mauser’s for the Germans. These are definitely a different sort in the Mauser collecting world. Any Collector would need one As a unique part of the K 98 story.  I purchased one several years ago, and mine does not have an import Mark. It is an exact duplicate of what the Germans were putting out at the end of the war. It is better than the Russian captures in that it is all correct with matching numbers wherever they may be. I’m not sure exactly what’s being sold right now but if you are a Mauser aficionado, this is definitely something that needs to be on your list
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I remember the Russian captures going for $80 in the late 90s. What are they going for today? I think what They’re selling them for is not too high. It is probably right on the mark
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Gun collectors lol
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I will buy just about anything that is kind of newly out in the C&R world.

I'm passing on these unless they drop in price quite a bit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I doubt these are overpriced at all considering how much the Russian captures are selling for. Those are just mix masters with defaced proofs
These rifles are made just after World War II and contain the lion proof mark of the Czechs . They are made on the same machinery and materials that they made Mauser’s for the Germans. These are definitely a different sort in the Mauser collecting world. Any Collector would need one As a unique part of the K 98 story.  I purchased one several years ago, and mine does not have an import Mark. It is an exact duplicate of what the Germans were putting out at the end of the war. It is better than the Russian captures in that it is all correct with matching numbers wherever they may be. I’m not sure exactly what’s being sold right now but if you are a Mauser aficionado, this is definitely something that needs to be on your list
View Quote
Don Mitchell, is that you?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#24]
That is just a stupid price for post-war Ethiopian returns. Honest to God Russian captures can be had for $600 regularly, though even they are going up in price rapidly. Yugo capture K98's are even cheaper at around $500. At least with both of those you know you're getting something truly collectible, albeit refurbished. But that's just classic Classic for you.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#25]
The video showed the usual oooh and aaah look how great these are, just like the Chinese SKS rifles.
What they are is beat to shit, probably shot out or muzzle crown ruined sewer pipe bore condition, 0% finish remaining tomato stakes.
And as is usual with classic arms surplus guns, overpriced tomato stakes at that.

I certainly would not buy one sight unseen for $700
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Saw this on YouTube. Ian has such informative videos.

A Unique Partnership: Czech Mausers for Ethiopia after WWII
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#27]
lol he called it a K98k
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
lol he called it a K98k
View Quote
Why is that funny?  "K98k" is the correct abbreviation of its official designation: Karabiner 98 kurz

It differentiates it from the earlier Karabiner 98 models, including the K98a and K98b.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#29]
We received one as an FFL transfer from classic. Zero finish left on the metal, stock was in rough shape, and  missing the front sight.  The poor guy even paid for a hand picked best out of 10. I’m pretty sure he returned it.

I have a picture of it but I have no idea how to put it on here

Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We received one as an FFL transfer from classic. Zero finish left on the metal, stock was in rough shape, and  missing the front sight.  The poor guy even paid for a hand picked best out of 10. I’m pretty sure he returned it.

I have a picture of it but I have no idea how to put it on here

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Not the best pic , but if that is best of 10 OMG!

That pic makes the Albanian K98's that came in late 90's look like mint condition examples!

lol
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#32]
jeez.... thats pretty crappy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:14:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
jeez.... thats pretty crappy.
View Quote
Yeah that photo definitely is.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Sorry guys I was just posting it for him, looks pretty rough to me!
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I missed out on the K98 wave a few years ago...…………...some of those are going for crazy prices, especially BNZ guns with a rune
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top