Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2021 6:55:23 PM EDT
I have a DA Mask in jail and I have a bunch of rimfire rifle and pistols but no bolt gun.

Wanting to get one ready for when I get the can.

Really looking the CZ MTR with the 16.5 inch barrel but it's pretty pricey.

Also considering going with the Ruger American because it's a good value.

But I'm not finding many threads on this CZ just wondering if anyone here has one and what their thoughts on it are.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
they are very much GTG
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a varmint now. The accuracy with good ammo is pretty impressive.

ETA
1/4" groups at 25yrds off just my range bag. I am in the market for another to drop in a chassis for a different setup.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#3]
CZ rimfires are very accurate out of the box.  The trigger is very tuneable as well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
453v is my most used gun.  Not round count but time behind it.  I probably bring it every other range trip and have a great time relaxing through a box of sk.  .5" @ 50m.  Then a slight scope adjustment (Burris ff2 4.5-14) down/right to break the little clay remnants on the berm with fed bulk.

452fs with a williams sight is my 2nd favorite 22lr.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a varmint now. The accuracy with good ammo is pretty impressive.

ETA
1/4" groups at 25yrds off just my range bag. I am in the market for another to drop in a chassis for a different setup.
View Quote

Local place has the camo 16.5 inch trainer. Think it's like $1050.

Going to go handle it today and buy it if it feels good.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Picked it up. It's actually a CZ 457 Varmint Precision trainer suppressor ready.

Now to decide on scope.

It has an 11 mm dovetail but seems everyone prefers to mount a rail. Looking into that. If anyone has thoughts please advise.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Good buy.  You cannot go wrong with a CZ.

One of my CZs has a rail and the other has 11mm rings which I got off Amazon

I'm not a fan of Amazon but they were the only 11mm rings I could find in stock when I needed them.  They've been on there for several thousand rounds and held fine.

On edit:  Scope choice depends on your budget but get something with an adjustable parallax that will adjust down to 25 yards or less.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good buy.  You cannot go wrong with a CZ.

One of my CZs has a rail and the other has 11mm rings which I got off Amazon

I'm not a fan of Amazon but they were the only 11mm rings I could find in stock when I needed them.  They've been on there for several thousand rounds and held fine.

On edit:  Scope choice depends on your budget but get something with an adjustable parallax that will adjust down to 25 yards or less.
View Quote

Thanks, I have A Luepold VX2, if I recall, adjustable objective on my Kidd 10/22 build.

I just ordered a DIP Industries rail for the 457.

I may try and find something in the 300 dollar range for this for now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#9]
$300 is going to get you something from China like the Vortex Diamonback Tactical or the Strike Eagle II.  I have a Cabelas Covenant 6-24 FFP on my CZ and it is a good scope.  The dialing isn't super accurate but it's about the same as everything else in that price range.  It is in MOA but the Covenant 5 is available in MIL if you prefer.  The reticle is good for holds which I prefer.  They go on sell regularly for $50 off.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
$300 is going to get you something from China like the Vortex Diamonback Tactical or the Strike Eagle II.  I have a Cabelas Covenant 6-24 FFP on my CZ and it is a good scope.  The dialing isn't super accurate but it's about the same as everything else in that price range.  It is in MOA but the Covenant 5 is available in MIL if you prefer.  The reticle is good for holds which I prefer.  They go on sell regularly for $50 off.
View Quote

Lol I'm aware.

Going to try an Athlon. Paid 269 I think. From Amazon. If it sucks I'll send it back, but my days of paying 2500 for optics are behind me.

Except for thermals lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top