Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2020 9:04:03 AM EDT
I find myself wanting to build another MAC type pistol. Previously for projects like this I'd load up the Flat Spot and buy a few flats and magwells through the mail for minimal cost. Laser cut and appropriate thickness - easy enough to bend as needed and weld up quickly. Some of the kits were multiple pieces instead of a solid sheet to bend and weld.

The Flat Spot website no longer loads and I'm given to understand that he's out of business.

Is there anyone else offering flats for M/11 and M/10 receiver flats? How about the various flavors of magwell?

If these sort of fold-and-weld items are simply no longer available that's a shame.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#1]
may need to ask on uzi talk or something like that? contatct lage?

man i dunno, everyone transitioned out of them to build ARs, leaving these things by wayside...

speaking of lage, i heard they not makin any more 22 converions after their last run so if you want one of those better get on that list or wahtever...
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll pop over there to ask. Thanks for the mention about Lage as well. I always meant to get another .22lr kit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I looked - LTM only has M11/9 and M11 flats. M10 is out of stock. No magwells available either in flat or tube style.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#6]
3D printer go Brrrrrrrt....

eta:

Attachment Attached File

https://twitter.com/freegunzone/status/1181691725145939969

Link Posted: 8/5/2020 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m currently working on my own. I’m the programer at a laser shop so developing it right now. I’ve get the shape down for the lower. But I need to tweak the pin location for the hammer, trigger and safety.    

Ive got everything else developed. Upper receiver, trigger guard. Sten magwell, front pin support front and rear sight. Rear spring and trigger bar.  

Btw if anyone has a semi auto m11/9 Care to take a few measurements for me?
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Btt. I am looking for some m11/380 side plates. Keep thinking of getting plasma table to make my own.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Btt. I am looking for some m11/380 side plates. Keep thinking of getting plasma table to make my own.
View Quote

Do you have a hole layout? I could probably laser cut some.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not yet. I was going to use some of the online drawings as a template and try to figure out were the selector hole is supposed to go. Heck I would be ok if they left the selector hole,  or whatever is legal, blank and I could figure out the rest.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not yet. I was going to use some of the online drawings as a template and try to figure out were the selector hole is supposed to go. Heck I would be ok if they left the selector hole,  or whatever is legal, blank and I could figure out the rest.
View Quote

All I could find online was the full auto stuff. Not much along the lines of semi auto.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

All I could find online was the full auto stuff. Not much along the lines of semi auto.
View Quote

Yeah,  but I was thinking that the location of the selector hole was the only difference. I am not super familiar with the platform though. Don't put the selector hole in similar to the full flats and it should be ok.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 12:16:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Consider buying or printing one of the templates and cutting your own. A piece of (I believe 4130) sheet steel, a dremel, and a file. Should be quick work. You can find all the other weld up parts online. Magwells, trigger guards, etc.

Something like this:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/870798000

I have one that's an M11/9 template on one side and M11/380 on the other.

Edit: BTW what's the deal with these "factory" templates? Why would SWD or whoever make official templates? I imagine they didn't use these on the assembly line, so who were these meant for?
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Before my time, but I believe SWD went thorough several reorganizations throughout the years and I would guess these flats were sold at one of the bankruptcy auctions or repossessed by creditors.

This is a total speculation on my part though.

I know something similar happened to all of the Group Industries UZI parts when they went belly up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top