Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2020 10:39:42 AM EDT
I'm wanting to install an Ultimak scope mount on a .308 CMP Special.  Was about to order it, when I realized the barrel has to be the same diameter as a GI barrel.

The .308 "Specials" come with a new Criterion barrel.  Same contour as GI?

Does anyone know?
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes GI contour
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

Oddly, the Criterion website was devoid of useful information concerning their products.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Perfect fit

Link Posted: 10/2/2020 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice looking rifle
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I had the same chocolate laminate stock from Boyd's on my 1000 yd specific M1. Finishing inletting the upper handguard for the medium heavy profile Douglas barrel was slow going.

Shaving the front sight was even slower going to set the rear sight at 7 clicks from the bottom.  Damn that was an accurate M1. Another shooter from a different High Power club offered me ridiculous money for it.  Kind of sorry I sold it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Nice laminate stock. What device is on the muzzle?
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Spike's Tactical Dyna-comp, with a $12 adapter from eBay.

Am tempted to mount a silencer,  but I dunno if I trust that adapter to not shift.  If it is even concentric with the bore to begin with...

It would be absurdly cumbersome (I have a SpecWar 7.62), but fun off of the bench.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top