Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2019 12:23:43 PM EDT
I thought they just made machetes and parangs but I see they make some decent looking field knives too. Anybody have experience with them? The proces look good and the knives seem to be robust designs so I was curious.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 2:09:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any of their bush craft knives but I've got their Pack Golok which I adore and a combat tomahawk from them. Both are well built and include nicely made leather sheaths.

BUT for what the prices on some of their knives are, I'd pay a little more and get an ESEE. I guess it just depends on if you like the look or not.

You should probably get a Pack Golok just because. It's a great short chopper. Beefy blade and sharpens easy. I need to actually get mine out and oil it because I haven't used it in a while.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 2:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have any of their bush craft knives but I've got their Pack Golok which I adore and a combat tomahawk from them. Both are well built and include nicely made leather sheaths.

BUT for what the prices on some of their knives are, I'd pay a little more and get an ESEE. I guess it just depends on if you like the look or not.

You should probably get a Pack Golok just because. It's a great short chopper. Beefy blade and sharpens easy. I need to actually get mine out and oil it because I haven't used it in a while.
View Quote
I got the Pack Golok for Christmas from a friend.
I love it.
The same friend has a Parang and other knives from them also.
Condor makes good blades.
Attachment Attached File

I like the Golok because it's beefy enough to hack through brush, tree limbs, and baton logs.
But it's sharp, small, and controllable enough for bushcraft work.
One gripe was the handle, I found it too slick for a good grip, I cord wrapped it, problem solved.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I got the Pack Golok for Christmas from a friend.
I love it.
The same friend has a Parang and other knives from them also.
Condor makes good blades.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/303065/IMG_0758_JPG-840321.JPG

I like the Golok because it's beefy enough to hack through brush, tree limbs, and baton logs.
But it's sharp, small, and controllable enough for bushcraft work.
One gripe was the handle, I found it too slick for a good grip, I cord wrapped it, problem solved.
View Quote
Totally agree with the slick handle. It's fitted well and looks good though. I'd like to checker mine but I'd probably destroy it trying.

Definetly wanna use a wrist lanyard with it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree the prices are edging into ESEE territory but they're still mostly under $100 and might make for a good garage beater or some similar role of neglect and servitude.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top