Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2018 8:47:09 PM EDT
So I should be receiving my FFL any day now and have a question about bound books and 4473's. I am debating about doing a computer-based bound book, like Aimi or FFLBoss. For those of you who use such a system, I'm curious to know what your customers think of having their data stored in "the cloud" or on your computer? I know that gun owners tend to be a somewhat paranoid lot, so I'm curious if you have customers who refuse to do an electronic 4473? Paper-based 4473's just seem much more subject to errors, compared to the computerized versions. Thank you for your thoughts and observations.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I should be receiving my FFL any day now and have a question about bound books and 4473's. I am debating about doing a computer-based bound book, like Aimi or FFLBoss. For those of you who use such a system, I'm curious to know what your customers think of having their data stored in "the cloud" or on your computer?  
View Quote
The only customer data in your bound book is the buyer/transferee name. All his info is on the Form 4473.

I know that gun owners tend to be a somewhat paranoid lot, so I'm curious if you have customers who refuse to do an electronic 4473?
View Quote
E4473 is just form filling software. It doesn't "connect" to anyone or anywhere.

Paper-based 4473's just seem much more subject to errors, compared to the computerized versions. Thank you for your thoughts and observations.  
View Quote
Not necessarily.
Typos are typos whether handwritten or keyboard.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#2]
We have used GUN STORE MASTER for several years now. Customer fills out a paper 4473 that we store in the warehouse. GSM uses a program that keeps track of all Acquisitions and Dispositions in real time. Additionally it has an offline section that will allow you to be able to retrieve your A&D data even if the internet is off-line.
As I understand it, it is a program and not a cloud service, but I am not a tech guy. I would suggest you call them and ask for specifics.
That said, it is very user friendly, intuitive, and easy to use. IM me if you have any questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top