Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You want to get your SCAR tuned to run in suppressed mode with suppressor on and it should fail shooting on that setting without a suppressor on.

If you SCAR runs in suppressed mode without a suppressor that means you are still overgassed.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want to get your SCAR tuned to run in suppressed mode with suppressor on and it should fail shooting on that setting without a suppressor on.

If you SCAR runs in suppressed mode without a suppressor that means you are still overgassed.
View Quote

Thanks.  That's what I thought.  I'll keep the 1.8mm in it for now and hopefully it's good to go.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Are there any suppressors for the 17 that do not require a gas jet replacement?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe the FN suppressor but civis can't buy that. The jet is so easily to replace though, buy a few within .05 of each other and just test it out at the range.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

surefire
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

surefire
View Quote

Thanks. I'm in no rush to suppress mine, but I'll jump on a RC2 7.62 when I see a good deal on one.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:44:29 AM EDT
[#7]
So I've gone through the thread and I'm still not really sure which gas jet I should buy for my 17 with a 16 inch barrel, and I don't want to run it suppressed. I've seen some people in the thread say they are buying the 1.35mm for their 17s, and some others aren't. I know PMM says 1.45mm for a Factory 17 with a 16 inch barrel, although they of course state that it isn't an actual recommendation.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#8]
It depends on the ammo you're using, location elevation, temp and humidity.  Grab a few different sizes and go through their testing method to find which one works best for your gun.  1.35mm seems to be popular.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#9]
- .1mm from factory usually does the trick...
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#10]
The 18 inch FN SCAR 16S uses a factory 0.051" gas screw or 1.30 mm

Link Posted: 7/6/2021 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Another successful PMM test to report.

Scar 17s
16 In barrel
Rugged Razor Suppressor
1.35mm gas jet

Everything went well during testing with m80 ball and Federal GMM.  On suppressed setting without the suppressor, rifle would cycle but not lock back an empty magazine.  Worked perfectly in all other settings/suppressor combos.  

Installation was an easy task.  I soaked the area with solvent for a few minutes and used the PMM tool.  Easy.

Now I need to get my 20 squared away.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#12]
20S will love a 1.3mm
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 12:56:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
20S will love a 1.3mm
View Quote

Thanks for the recommendation.  I I appreciate it, especially with 20 having to pull the barrel to replace the jet ??
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm running a 1.20mm gas jet on my 17 with 16 inch barrel and it runs suppressed and unsuppressed with or without the can on either setting.  I was hoping I was going to be able to start to see it hiccup then go to the next size gas jet but haven't quite hit that point yet.

PMM said 1.20 was the lowest he would go.  Has anyone seen similar instances with their 17?

FWIW, running sdn6 suppressor.
View Quote

@brodband8
When you were testing the 1.2 gas jet did you do the PMM Test where you have a loaded chamber and a full 20 rounds in the mag and see if it cycled and lock back on an empty mag?

Could you tell us what condition the SCAR 17 was in; meaning was it dirty and dry, dirty and lubed, clean and dry OR clean and lubed?

How was the gas to the face compared to the other gas jets?

Also, how did the bolt/recoil feel with the 1.2 vs the other jets?
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@brodband8
When you were testing the 1.2 gas jet did you do the PMM Test where you have a loaded chamber and a full 20 rounds in the mag and see if it cycled and lock back on an empty mag?

Could you tell us what condition the SCAR 17 was in; meaning was it dirty and dry, dirty and lubed, clean and dry OR clean and lubed?

How was the gas to the face compared to the other gas jets?

Also, how did the bolt/recoil feel with the 1.2 vs the other jets?
View Quote

Honestly can't remember anymore, I have been using the FA762SV with factory gas jet for a few years now...
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top