I'll try to stop by.

Txl
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 1:15:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great, its a big show- they are projecting 80,000 to 200,000 people in a space that appears to be about 2/3 the size of shot show.  We're excited to see the worlds largest firearms show.
View Quote
Are yall releasing anything new at the show?
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope you enjoyed your time in Texas! 88 is lovely, don't know what you're talking about. It only gets worse from here.

Thanks for the muzzle device promo. That was the straw that broke this camel's back and I'm now waiting on a Recce 5 as my first can.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The Padalin 5.56 has my attention.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A lot of people don't know that they can put a K spacer in their full sized Revolution cans and replace the piston assembly with the minimalist taper mount brake shield and get sporting/hunting type use .308 out of their revolution cans.   They are the toughest aluminum pistol cans made with 7075 billet tubes.
View Quote

Wait just a damn minute here...

I have a Revo 9.

Min barrel length for 6.5CM? This rifle is extremely low volume (10-20rds a year), and used exclusively for hunting. Mostly only cold bore shots. But, it's 16.5"...

@green0
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Bought the fuck gun control shirt at your booth lots of thumbs up and compliments on it
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Met some customers, it was a decent time.   Dallas seemed to have a liberal feeling at least in downtown.  We met a major customer for dinner at a restaurant where the "what's happening in Dallas" <whatever its called magazine featured an article on kids standing up to the NRA, instead of announcing the NRA meetings and exhibits.  That was a real surprise to me.
View Quote
Lots of Dallas is pretty liberal. It's not Austin liberal, but Dallas County voted 61% to Clinton.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lots of Dallas is pretty liberal. It's not Austin liberal, but Dallas County voted 61% to Clinton.
View Quote
That's probably par for the course even in southern metro areas.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's probably par for the course even in southern metro areas.
View Quote
Eh, Harris County (Houston) only 54%. Bexar County (San Antonio) 54%. Travis County (Austin) 66%. It's fair to say southern metro votes democrat (like most urban centers), but Dallas is notably more than other major population centers in Texas. Tarrant County is right next door and houses Ft. Worth and Arlington which are also big and voted Trump 52%. Dallas really wants to be something like a southern NYC in a lot of ways. Dallas suburbs not quite as bad FWIW.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Cool thanks for your support of the 2nd Ammendment.  The anti-gun croud is a louder message and they have been getting their way, and if the rule is going to be the louder person wins, we want to be loud too.
View Quote

Ironic coming from a silencer manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Politically, the NFA people can't be loud enough.  We are a political minority and we are over regulated and our rights are often under fire.  Totally sensible things like efficient processing of form 4's are very very elusive.  The government people typically say it is out of their hands, meaning control of their process efficiency is in the hands of congress, but year after year the issues are mostly ignored by agencies and congress while tens of millions of firearms owners are repressed from protecting their hearing and experiencing a greater enjoyment of their 2nd Amendment freedoms.    For every one person buying a sound suppressor, there are 10 people being effectively repressed and feeling regulated out of their desire to own a suppressor by the totality of circumstances- fingerprints, photos, waiting time, taxes and fees, confusion surrounding the process etc.

I talked to a NICS examiner from the FBI at SHOT 2018 and he said he literally does the same background investigation for NICS as the suppressor requires, but said the NICS forms have to be processed in a certain period of time, but the suppressor forms go into a "convenience" pile.  So when 200,000 guns are sold in a week, the NICS does over 200,000 background checks, but 200,000 silencer background checks might approximate one year of silencer purchasing nationwide, and might get processed in 12 months.  That just doesn't make any sense.   At that point it really becomes difficult to say, "I'm being told the truth and there just isn't enough administrative time to do this."

Obviously firearms sales don't waterfall like that every day of the year so if 200,000 is possible in a day, the convenience pile should only delay during intense overages of firearms sales.

Beside obvious factors, we met a former DEA, former delta operator who mentioned fast tracking of form 4's common with his friends, and we pushed an individual transfer for one Police officer that went ~10 days (form 4).  The FBI NICS agent was saying no fast track process existed, but that's just can't be true- the 10 day form 4 wasn't a freak accident.  He might have honestly not been aware of it, but we've seen one form 4 transfer go about 10 days, and that was supported by a conversation with the former DEA agent who had similar stories.

I don't know what the problem is or who is responsible, but I do know that a lot of improvement could happen if the government just wanted to do a solid for the American people, without involving congress at all.  That doesn't absolve Congress from doing their job and helping the people on their end, but it shows how passing the buck solves nothing.

We obviously live in a period of general dysfunction in the government.  Trump is not projected to get through his cabinet appointments in his first term of 4 years, so this isn't the only place for the government to improve performance obviously.

BTW People aren't incapable of working with the government to solve problems, I'm sure a lot of people would pay a reasonable expedition fee like $100 to transfer a silencer in 10 days or less.  Not that they should have to pay a fee anyway, but I'm sure they would if it actually solved the 6-14+ month waiting periods.

Gary Hughes talked about an NFA owners card.  -  a buy and walk card for NFA items.  It's amazing the kind of logical solutions the free market could offer this simple problem of too much processing time.
  A background check is like a security clearance.  The government doesn't require their sensitive people to pass a check everyday before they can go to work.  Neither should it be logical for a citizen to be treated as if they need to be checked every day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ironic coming from a silencer manufacturer.
Politically, the NFA people can't be loud enough.  We are a political minority and we are over regulated and our rights are often under fire.  Totally sensible things like efficient processing of form 4's are very very elusive.  The government people typically say it is out of their hands, meaning control of their process efficiency is in the hands of congress, but year after year the issues are mostly ignored by agencies and congress while tens of millions of firearms owners are repressed from protecting their hearing and experiencing a greater enjoyment of their 2nd Amendment freedoms.    For every one person buying a sound suppressor, there are 10 people being effectively repressed and feeling regulated out of their desire to own a suppressor by the totality of circumstances- fingerprints, photos, waiting time, taxes and fees, confusion surrounding the process etc.

I talked to a NICS examiner from the FBI at SHOT 2018 and he said he literally does the same background investigation for NICS as the suppressor requires, but said the NICS forms have to be processed in a certain period of time, but the suppressor forms go into a "convenience" pile.  So when 200,000 guns are sold in a week, the NICS does over 200,000 background checks, but 200,000 silencer background checks might approximate one year of silencer purchasing nationwide, and might get processed in 12 months.  That just doesn't make any sense.   At that point it really becomes difficult to say, "I'm being told the truth and there just isn't enough administrative time to do this."

Obviously firearms sales don't waterfall like that every day of the year so if 200,000 is possible in a day, the convenience pile should only delay during intense overages of firearms sales.

Beside obvious factors, we met a former DEA, former delta operator who mentioned fast tracking of form 4's common with his friends, and we pushed an individual transfer for one Police officer that went ~10 days (form 4).  The FBI NICS agent was saying no fast track process existed, but that's just can't be true- the 10 day form 4 wasn't a freak accident.  He might have honestly not been aware of it, but we've seen one form 4 transfer go about 10 days, and that was supported by a conversation with the former DEA agent who had similar stories.

I don't know what the problem is or who is responsible, but I do know that a lot of improvement could happen if the government just wanted to do a solid for the American people, without involving congress at all.  That doesn't absolve Congress from doing their job and helping the people on their end, but it shows how passing the buck solves nothing.

We obviously live in a period of general dysfunction in the government.  Trump is not projected to get through his cabinet appointments in his first term of 4 years, so this isn't the only place for the government to improve performance obviously.

BTW People aren't incapable of working with the government to solve problems, I'm sure a lot of people would pay a reasonable expedition fee like $100 to transfer a silencer in 10 days or less.  Not that they should have to pay a fee anyway, but I'm sure they would if it actually solved the 6-14+ month waiting periods.

Gary Hughes talked about an NFA owners card.  -  a buy and walk card for NFA items.  It's amazing the kind of logical solutions the free market could offer this simple problem of too much processing time.
  A background check is like a security clearance.  The government doesn't require their sensitive people to pass a check everyday before they can go to work.  Neither should it be logical for a citizen to be treated as if they need to be checked every day.
Wow, the part where some more equal than other  people have been getting expedited processing is seriously fucked up. It does not surprise me  a single bit either...
In the meanwhile my 5.56 can that went pending over a fucking year ago is still "pending fbi background check", same as every other nfa items I have pending.
What a bunch of un-American bullshit!
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That agent was saying there was no fast track capability and saying he has to wait on his silencer transfer the same as everyone else.  The problem with me believing his argument was that I had the experience where I saw a form 4 fast tracked and he was basically trying to tell me the sky isn't blue.  Either he wasn't privy to it, or he was lying to me.
View Quote
Full of shit would be my guess
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Where can a guy get this shirt you mentioned?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:55:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That agent was saying there was no fast track capability and saying he has to wait on his silencer transfer the same as everyone else.  The problem with me believing his argument was that I had the experience where I saw a form 4 fast tracked and he was basically trying to tell me the sky isn't blue.  Either he wasn't privy to it, or he was lying to me.
View Quote
This recent reddit thread has a few guys saying they've had forms fast tracked also
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfa/comments/8jkakd
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the reply.  I try to support all mfg that work hard. Especially those that take time to pay attention to the nobody...... only griffin product I currently own is recce 7.  Just put in for 3 more.  Keep up the good work
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I realized there is a merchandise tab on the second row that at times blends with the background JAVA picture revolve on the front page, and I was wrong about the page disappearing, merch is there, but the new shirts are not on it and are being added.   I'll see if we can maybe drop shadow that - I can't make any guarantees, but it would be cool if there was a white border on the tab text, I went to the site hoping to answer your question, knowing of the recent changes and I couldn't find the Merchandise tab so it's obviously not obvious enough.
View Quote
Yeah, that line with "merchandise

dealer locator    promotions" is in a bad spot. Not sure why it's not part of the title bar above it, but when I've looked for various things before it's sort of in the way when trying to read through stuff, but also totally hidden against some of the black ads, if you were actually LOOKING for any of those three tabs.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top