Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2023 12:44:28 AM EDT
I just read a thread of someone complaining about a defect on a Colt. The replied posts are rather funny but I'll give my two cents on the company...

Colt is like Jeep. A real Jeep. (Willy's, CJ, Wrangler)

Not always the best features...always basic for it's era, often times far from perfect, corporation changes over the years just like Jeep..Willys then AMC, then Chrysler...

But there's just always something cool about them and most who've never owned one always secretly wished they had.

Colt always holds strong resale money...like a Jeep..(try and buy a used Wrangler sometime, they fetch all the money in the world)

Lastly they're America. The name, the look...is just America. Not always the best. Many times imperfect...

But they're still a Colt...or a Jeep.. and that name still means most of all !!
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just reply in that thread?
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just read a thread of someone complaining about a defect on a Colt. The replied posts are rather funny but I'll give my two cents on the company...

Not always the best features...always basic for it's era, often times far from perfect, corporation changes over the years just like Jeep..Willys then AMC, then Chrysler...

But there's just always something cool about them and most who've never owned one always secretly wished they had.

Colt always holds strong resale money...like a Jeep..(try and buy a used Wrangler sometime, they fetch all the money in the world)

Lastly they're America. The name, the look...is just America. Not always the best. Many times imperfect...

View Quote

Unfortunately,  no.  Daimler sold them off to Fiat a good while back.  Many models are just that….shitty cheap made re-badged un American Fiat’s.  

Colt is owned by CZ btw…..
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol 1st 2 replys.

Jeeps suck. And I am morally opposed to all the ducks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Unfortunately,  no.  Daimler sold them off to Fiat a good while back.  Many models are just that….shitty cheap made re-badged un American Fiat’s.  

View Quote

When people say jeep, they mean a real jeep -- the wrangler/gladiator made in America. Not the rebadged fiats that aren't really jeeps.

Also, jeeps are expensive.. I bought one new and paid ~50k. Colts are on the cheaper side of AR15s
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt gets the thing that matter right.

Proper barrels and BCGs. I have a complete Geissele build that had the barrel pulled because the chamber was out of spec. I threw a used 6920 barrel and BCG in it and have been loaning it out for over a year.

Everyone thinks it’s some super duper extended gas tier one deal and comments on how flat and smooth it shoots.

16” carbine with an H2…
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Obviously you've no idea what I'm talking about and I thought I was crystal on this.

REAL Jeeps....and I thought I specified that clearly. Wrangler, CJ, Willys...

Perhaps you think a Jeep compass wasn't a Dodge Caliber...
Maybe you think a Liberty isn't or wasn't a Didgo Nitro either...?..

Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this still tech?
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is this still tech?
View Quote

Still?

Never was….
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not any more.  Who's the mod in here?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this still tech?

Not any more.  Who's the mod in here?

I vote move to gd so we can have a pissing contest about jeeps.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Keeps are gay.  Just ask my boyfriend.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#12]
So basically you bought a Colt and a Jeep because they both hold their resale values? And not just Colts or Jeeps but REAL ONES that's made in Merica! Like no other car, or AR15 were ever made in the USA. It's like that guy who bought a Honda and was like, "Man, I should have bought that Jeep and that Colt AR, but I'm going to secretly wish that and never disclose that."
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Still?

Never was….
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this still tech?

Still?

Never was….

Join date. Post count.

So you would know?
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck are you on about? OP specifically compared the wrangler and its predecessors. If anything, they have only improved over the years.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Comparing and opinionating on the likeness and Americanism of two companies…..to me is not much a technical discussion.  Even more so once when it turns into a post count/join date dick measurement discussion.

Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The fuck are you on about? OP specifically compared the wrangler and its predecessors. If anything, they have only improved over the years.
View Quote

He did……

My bad
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is this still tech?
View Quote

This forum? Yes.

This thread? Not even close.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#20]
On a quiet night, you still can't hear a Colt rust.

My 94 YJ is my DD October - April.  My Colt doesn't get out nearly that much.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Like a Colt, Jeeps having been slaughterhouse our enemies since 1939!
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had a wrangler I beat on hard. In the northeast with snowstorms, road salt etc.
I moved to Arizona, and my trusted mechanic told me everything in the undercarriage was rusting rotting out. He told me get rid of it, or be prepared for it to start nickel and dimming me with repairs. Li decided to trade it in, I gave fair disclosure- fist size rust spots in the body, dents and scratches rips in the soft top and more. Over 150K on the odometer too. They gave me 8 grand, which seemed ridiculous to me. The sales guy said Jeeps were so popular in AZ, with limited work, they would sell it in a day.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Armory>General Firearm Discussion>Jeeps

FFS.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Not Tech.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top