Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2018 11:51:35 PM EDT
I guess I have several questions for you guys, is there any difference between what caliber guns a pvs22 and a pvs26 can handle? We have both and don’t really notice a performance difference between the two. We are trying to decide if the 26 are worth keeping over the lighter and smaller 22.

The specs say a 22 can handle 7.62, but how about 338 with a brake? (Felt recoil is about a 7.62)

What clip on works on a Barrett M82?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
All of the FLIR Mil-Sight Clip-ON NV scopes are rated for .50 BMG.

https://www.flir.com/browse/government--defense/soldier-solutions/weapons-sights/
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Just know the recoil that kills scopes happens before the bullet is out and before the brake can work.  So while your shoulder may find it pleasant, the scope won’t know it was there.  At least that’s what the data points to. There was a thread or two here that went into a lot,of detail on what kills pvs14s and other NV.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#4]
My FLIR PVS-22 works fine on a Barrett M82.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone know if there's a NV scope that's rated for spring piston air rifles?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top