Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2021 1:50:14 PM EDT
I'd like to build a trauma kit for my vehicle and I'm looking for a medium-size (8x12 or so) bag to hold my supplies. I'd like it have molle on one side and a clamshell opening like the bag in this video:
Vehicle Based Trauma Kit: What a Trauma Surgeon Carries

Can anyone recommend something like that, ideally under $100?

edit: yt hotlink
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
That chinook looks like a nice bag. I was thinking it would be helpful to have all my PPE in a pouch on the outside, hence the molle...the chinook appears to have a zippered pouch on the front behind the shear pouch I could use for this.
Do you have any experience with this style of "deployment" bag?
https://www.voodootactical.com/enlarged-3-way-deployment-bag-red.html
Just curious what sort of bag you prefer. I like the clamshell because I don't have to dig for things, but maybe it's not as important as I think.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I really like the clamshell because it is easy to see what is where when I unzip it.  I use a separate fanny pack that has my PPE, , pocket mask, stethoscope, BP cuff, and a few trauma supplies that I looped through the belt area on the Chinook bag.  I think I also have gloves in that exterior pouch.  

I've tried just about everything you can think of over the years.  I was rural/volunteer for a long time and responded to the scene from home so I started with an Iron Duck Breathsaver.  Had O2, IV, meds, etc.  Eventually downsized trying several different backpacks.  Kept a StatPak G2 in the trunk for a couple of years before downsizing again to the Chinook.  I have those in both vehicles now.  

I have never used that style of bag from Voodoo.
View Quote

No kidding, I'm a rural volunteer firefighter. I was thinking I could use a kit for calls between my house and the station, as the medics are usually on the opposite side of the station from me. Sounds like you've got the bag situation sorted out. Our department uses that Iron Duck bag (actually the Ultra Breathsaver) on the engines; it sure holds everything but you do have to hunt for items, especially when you aren't in it every day like me. I believe the Voodoo is a scaled-down Breathsaver. Also considering an M9 backpack, although that's larger than I need.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#5]
So I picked up a Chinook CLS bag on the EE. Haven't received it yet, but I think it'll be what I need.

In case anyone's interested, apparently the bag in the video is made by Springtail Solutions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top