Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2023 5:38:51 PM EDT
Took the Citadel 45 colt out for it's maiden voyage. It has a threaded barrel, it is threaded .578x28 and luckily Griffen Armament makes an adapter in that size.

It is a basically a Rossi 92, made in Brazil.
Attachment Attached File

Has a gold bead front sight, the rear sight is a peep. The front gold bead is right at the top tip of the suppressor when looking through the sights. The rear sight is on ramps, the set screw clamps it down. You can see where I moved the sight and the ramps are marred up. It also printed about 3" high, but I only shot at 15 yards. One downside is the mirage through the peep sights after shooting 10 rounds or so.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I tested 3 loads, all with 230gr V-Crowns and Alliant E3 Powder. This is a faster powder, without much pistol data. In summary, the 6.0gr load was good. I might try 6.2 or 6.3 just for a little more velocity, but the standard deviation was very nice at 6.0

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
. You can see where I moved the sight and the ramps are marred up. It also printed about 3" high, but I only shot at 15 yards. One downside is the mirage after shooting 10 rounds or so.

View Quote

It looks like your bottomed out on the rear sight. Those Rossi R92s are known for not having tall enough front sights. I had to change the front sight on 4 of the 5 that I owned.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I put a Williams fiber optic site on my Rossi… You can order them in different heights and I picked one that is just above my silencer.  
The site will probably be loose in your Rossi metric dovetail - shim underneath the site with one or two layers of beer can material to tighten it up.  

Also, if you’re looking for the ultimate quiet then lower your velocity to about 900 and there will likely be a big decrease in sound.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top