Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2022 12:23:01 AM EDT
What I want is a 6-8" threaded barrel suppressor compatible, an adjustable  stock/ length of pull, binary trigger and either  braced or stamped.

The charger has pretty much everything I want. I would have to replace the chassis for an adjustable stock and the trigger.
From what I've read, the receivers are plastic and not that well made anymore.

I guess what I'm looking at is cost to benifit.
Can I build a better performing 10/22 while staying with in the cost of buying and modifying one?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#1]
The trigger group frame is plastic, but it’s actually better than the old aluminum frames. I’ve never heard of a plastic receiver.

I’d buy an aftermarket trigger group, but not sure if the binary trigger kit will work with anything other than factory.

Brownel’s has BRN-22 receivers in stock right now, build your own gun with nice parts and get what you want. It’s super easy.

It’s cool to own a Ruger 10/22 with zero Ruger parts.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:09:11 AM EDT
[#2]
S&P Outfitters used to have everything.
I found I could get just what I wanted for less money.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on OTTO's comment about S&P.... my Charger was a take down, and at the time a socket adapter to just attach a buffer tube to the factory stock was not available, so I used a PMACA chassis....PMACA was the least expensive chassis I found at the time.... I have a BRN22 railed receiver for another build, and if you are going to add optics, I think it is the better option... that build was BRN22 receiver and barrel, Ruger bolt and charging handle, and BX trigger group in a PMACA lightweight chassis

https://sapoutfitters.com/product-category/ruger-10-22/22-charger-pistol-braces-stocks/
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]
It may have made sense 10 years ago to build on an existing factory gun, but not anymore.

Either way, you will never get your money out of it unless you are very lucky.  Build what you want with the intention of keeping it forever.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I guessing the guy ment trigger group, thought a plastic receiver sounded odd but who knows these days.

While I don't plan on selling it, it's intended use will be a training rifle for my kid so I don't really need high dollar top tier parts either.

Is there a list of parts I would need to build a charger?
I know the main parts, BRN-22 trigger group, brn railed receiver, bolt assembly w/charging handle, 8" barrel w/v-block, whatever stock/chassis.
I'm guessing there are some bolts or springs I'm missing?

How are the barrels from pike arms? Any other recommendations
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:39:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guessing the guy ment trigger group, thought a plastic receiver sounded odd but who knows these days.

While I don't plan on selling it, it's intended use will be a training rifle for my kid so I don't really need high dollar top tier parts either.

Is there a list of parts I would need to build a charger?
I know the main parts, BRN-22 trigger group, brn railed receiver, bolt assembly w/charging handle, 8" barrel w/v-block, whatever stock/chassis.
I'm guessing there are some bolts or springs I'm missing?

How are the barrels from pike arms? Any other recommendations
View Quote

You'll need a recoil spring for the bolt/charging handle.
Screws for the v-block if you are going for a standard 10/22 and not the takedown.
You may or may not need action screw depending on the chassis.
You'll need trigger pins and a buffer pin.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 2:02:25 AM EDT
[#7]
i went the build route but thats because i'm strange like that

pricing out the cheapest charger/rifle build i cold starting with a factory charger/rifle vs buying a receiver, i came out ahead with the receiver

i went with the railed brownells receivers
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:05:51 AM EDT
[#8]
this receiver group is hidden in the back of Brownells web pages, and out of stock currently, but has pretty much everything you need to complete the BRN22 receiver and barrel... I used this with my BRN22 in a PMACA chassis.. I was pleasantly surprised at the pull weight on the BX trigger group

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/parts-kits/rifle-parts-kits/10-22-receiver-parts-kit-prod119740.aspx?avs%7cMake%7e%7eModel_1=Ruger__10zz1zz22

PMACA Chassis options

https://pmacamfg.com/chassis/

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I’ve done both OP. Tit for tat.
Best shooter I ever owned was already built by Volquartzen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top