Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2018 8:58:05 PM EDT
So it’s kind of a long story but sold a mg and the form 4 was approved but I never got it. So I requested a certified copy but instead got a letter stating I need to fill out a change of addrsss form bc the trust had different address than what I wanted the form sent to (even though I still own the other house) well I jumped through their hoops and did it. Now it came back disapproved bc of “no in inventory”

Not sure what that means and I have to wait till Monday to call. Anyone have this disapproval? Is it bc the form 4 was approved so they think it’s not mine anymore?

They are really starting to frustrate me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So it’s kind of a long story but sold a mg and the form 4 was approved but I never got it. So I requested a certified copy but instead got a letter stating I need to fill out a change of addrsss form bc the trust had different address than what I wanted the form sent to (even though I still own the other house) well I jumped through their hoops and did it. Now it came back disapproved bc of “no in inventory”

Not sure what that means and I have to wait till Monday to call. Anyone have this disapproval? Is it bc the form 4 was approved so they think it’s not mine anymore?

They are really starting to frustrate me.
View Quote
Trust law is State specific, but...

Why does your trust had an address?

I'm in Florida so I am confused.

Trusts must have a State in which the law must be upheld, and a county in which the trust is notarized, but Trusts do not usually have an address.

Is the address in question part of the language of the trust?

If the addresses in questions are in the same State and no interstate transportation without a 5320.20 has occurred, I don't understand Martinsburg's problem.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I would have just had them send to address on the form and forwarded the mail via usps to wherever I wanted.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 9:51:23 AM EDT
[#3]
That’s what I asked them to do when they said they couldn’t send it to the other address but they still said I had to fill out the hange if afmddress. I just think the first person I talked to didn’t know what they were taking about.

Hopefully someone there can clear this up on Monday
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Wut? “no in inventory” isn't even a complete thought.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Not in inventory

Sorry typing on my phone
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 4:40:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you still in possession of the MG, and waiting on the form before you physically hand it over? Have you considered asking the transferee (buyer that you sold it to) request a new certified copy?
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn’t think about having the new owner request it.

When i called the atf they had me jump through these hoops. When I called back after the disapproval the person I talked to seemed to think there was a miscommunication between people there so i was transferred to the examiner, I left a message but she hasn’t returned my call.

Maybe I’ll  see if they could send a copy to the owner
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn’t think about having the new owner request it.

When i called the atf they had me jump through these hoops. When I called back after the disapproval the person I talked to seemed to think there was a miscommunication between people there so i was transferred to the examiner, I left a message but she hasn’t returned my call.

Maybe I’ll  see if they could send a copy to the owner
View Quote
Sometimes it can help to think like a government employee (although it may require a lobotomy?). Since it was approved, and their system now associates that piece of equipment to him/her, it might be a tad easier for the "current owner". This may also be the reason why you got that "not in inventory" response, because it isn't under your name/trust anymore.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Piggy backing off this thread.  I created my trust in one city, moved to another city (same state, FL), updated my trust with the new address.  I have two questions:

Do I have to do anything with the ATF due to the new trust address?

My engraver engraved the old city on my receiver.  What do I do, just leave it as is?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#10]
For an in-state move, no.

The engraved location is where you made the NFA firearm, so that will never change.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For an in-state move, no.

The engraved location is where you made the NFA firearm, so that will never change.
View Quote
Thank you my friend.  appreciate the input.  Just wanted to make sure I was straight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top