Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2018 10:31:29 AM EDT
I cerakoted a upper/lower set and hate the color. I don't want to spend anymore time on stripping it down etc. Could I rattle can over the cerakote and then spray a couple of coats of sealer?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:43:45 AM EDT
[#1]
could sand blast it off. If don't have the stuff then yes you can spray over it. What color did you not like?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes but why not do it right?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes.  Just make sure the surface is clean.  Then scuff it up with some fine grit sandpaper.

Spray light coats of color.  Then go over that with a matte or flat clear coat to protect the color
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
could sand blast it off. If don't have the stuff then yes you can spray over it. What color did you not like?
View Quote
Sniper Gray
It was alot darker than I thought it would be. It is possible I made a mistake along the way.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#6]
You can get up to 5 sample swatches free...........

https://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/swatches/?product_id

Perhaps order some samples of colors before you spray

Media blast the paint off or just spray over it lightly with a new color. Media blasting is best, but painting over it will work ok.

Rattle can paint, even with a clear coat will be thicker and not as durable as cerakote.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#7]
That is a dark color.  I think what you probably want is "Tactical Grey"  I did my USP:

PM me if you want more details.  I'm in Central Florida as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top