Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2022 8:55:22 PM EDT
Sending in an upper, handguard,  buffer tube,  and possibly my lower for cerakote.

My lower is a Noveske gen 2  serial# NO94xx.  Im fairly sure its cerakoted already.  I checked with Noveske and they said some were anodized,  some cerakoted “armor black” but didn’t give specifics on serial number cut off’s……along with that email I received a promo  “skateboard” release……really?…WTF is that shit Noveske?

Anyway,  I want my other parts to match the lower.   The upper (noveske gen 3) is way off….very glossy black where as my lower is rather flat,  much better in my opinion.  I would rather not coat the lower as those old gen 2’s are becoming somewhat rare.  In addition,  the fit of upper and lower is VERY tight.

Can anyone confirm what serial# gen 2 lowers were anodized and what ones the cerakoted?

Or just have everything sprayed and not worry about it?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Or just have everything sprayed and not worry about it?
View Quote

This is likely your best bet to get everything to match. Just like with ano, their black might not match another black.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve never coated anything before.

Upper and lower are very very tight like I said.

Fitment issues ever a concern?

I suppose I could have them tape off the pin ears on the upper.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Paint it all together,( If you want it to match perfectly.) It is very hard to match sheen and color unless you paint everything at the same time and cure at the same temperature.
personally I would not paint the inside of the receivers for tolerance issues.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]
You do understand that your parts will have to be sandblasted for Cerakote to adhere properly, don't you? This will change the appearance of the parts permanently. If any of your parts are already Cerakoted, all of the original Cerakote must be completely removed, but any parts that are anodized can generally be lightly blasted and Cerakote applied over it. Since you're concerned about collector value, you need to understand this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You do understand that your parts will have to be sandblasted for Cerakote to adhere properly, don't you? This will change the appearance of the parts permanently. If any of your parts are already Cerakoted, all of the original Cerakote must be completely removed, but any parts that are anodized can generally be lightly blasted and Cerakote applied over it. Since you're concerned about collector value, you need to understand this.
View Quote

Thanks.  Im hoping I can send it all off and have them match everything to my lower.  Supposedly the color of my lower is cerakote brand armor black.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top