Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2023 11:00:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PursuitSS]
Does anyone offer a cerakote that closely matches the clear ano from say a honey badger?  I have a clone build im working on with a honey badger rail.  Im going to use a pws lower snd most likely a v7 upper.  Id like to not have the rail be the only silver/gold piece on the gun.  I thought about just having the eail coated but i thought it might be sacrilege
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Check with Cornerstone cerakote/Alpha laser engraving (same company) in west palm beach Florida. They have done cerakote work for me in the past.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Paging @OG1
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Paging @OG1
View Quote
Thanks man! I'm not familiar with it @op but I'm sure I can match it. If you have a link or good pics email me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 10:42:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jnat] [#4]
It’s difficult to match one part to another,  final color and sheen is very dependent on the mix ratios used.  

Many applicators recommend to do everything together.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By OG1:
Thanks man! I'm not familiar with it @op but I'm sure I can match it. If you have a link or good pics email me.
View Quote

My dude hasn’t done one yet but I know a lot of people are using bright nickel as a base. Found some that use a light mix of yellow on Cerakote’s website, but both seem a bit off.

I really wish Cerakote would come out with an anodizing replica line. I think if they got some lighter weight metal flake formula they could easily get there.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By OG1:
View Quote

What do you charge to do a lower
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top