Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor

Cerakote Picture Thread (Page 9 of 18)

Previous Page
/ 18
Next Page
8/20/2015 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quote History
Originally Posted By cop1211:
What are the colors on the green rifles?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
They are both standard OD Green Cerakote but one was taken in bright sunlight (KSG) and the other (700) in some shade. I may have changed phones too?

 
8/20/2015 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#2]
dunno how i missed this thread.



Decided to build this after I saw TheTacticalCoyote's M&P15 FDE build.
















Im not saying duracoat fucks up function, I am saying nutnfancy does. -RustedAce
8/20/2015 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Originally Posted By SScot:
They are both standard OD Green Cerakote but one was taken in bright sunlight (KSG) and the other (700) in some shade. I may have changed phones too?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By SScot:
They are both standard OD Green Cerakote but one was taken in bright sunlight (KSG) and the other (700) in some shade. I may have changed phones too?  


Do you know the exact number code? Is it H-236?
8/20/2015 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Yes sir, H-236. This is the exact one I got and mixed it 18 to 1.











http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/metal-prep-coloring/paint-finishes/bake-on-non-aerosol-paints/cerakote-ovencure-refills-cerakote-oven-cure-refill-o-d-green-sku100-003-861-41825-52464.aspx
 
8/26/2015 11:22:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gr8Santini][Edited] [#5]
Graphite black two tone.  Some parts are done in "satin" and others in "flat".  Bolt carrier in cerakote micro slick.


8/28/2015 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Just your basic burnt bronze
8/28/2015 10:31:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Midas_touch:
Just your basic burnt bronze
<a href="http://s253.photobucket.com/user/kdventus/media/DSC_03681.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/kdventus/DSC_03681.jpg</a>
View Quote



That's a sweet build.  mind sharing the specs?
8/28/2015 10:45:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:



That's a sweet build.  mind sharing the specs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
Originally Posted By Midas_touch:
Just your basic burnt bronze
<a href="http://s253.photobucket.com/user/kdventus/media/DSC_03681.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/kdventus/DSC_03681.jpg</a>



That's a sweet build.  mind sharing the specs?


Upper- Gibbz side charge, cmmg bolt, Glock cut by adco, SLR intrepid 7" rail, Green Mountain 10.5" barrel, Bushnell TRS25 red dot
Lower- QC10 Glock small frame, 9mm heavy buffer, magpul CTR stock, Magpul K2 grip, CMC 3.5# flat trigger
8/31/2015 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks Great!! Especially with that stock on there. Actually the paint job makes it and I might have to that to mine.


Quote History
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
Graphite black two tone.  Some parts are done in "satin" and others in "flat".  Bolt carrier in cerakote micro slick.
<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/xcr22_zpsdymfixo8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/xcr22_zpsdymfixo8.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/xcr23_zpslwxry8gb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/xcr23_zpslwxry8gb.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/xcr24_zpsunmskoyu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/xcr24_zpsunmskoyu.jpg</a>
View Quote

8/31/2015 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ezed:
Looks Great!! Especially with that stock on there. Actually the paint job makes it and I might have to that to mine.



View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By ezed:
Looks Great!! Especially with that stock on there. Actually the paint job makes it and I might have to that to mine.


Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
Graphite black two tone.  Some parts are done in "satin" and others in "flat".  Bolt carrier in cerakote micro slick.
<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/xcr22_zpsdymfixo8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/xcr22_zpsdymfixo8.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/xcr23_zpslwxry8gb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/xcr23_zpslwxry8gb.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/xcr24_zpsunmskoyu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/xcr24_zpsunmskoyu.jpg</a>


Thanks man. It wouldn't have been possible without your ACR to XCR stock adapter!!
9/3/2015 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#11]
My first time using cerakote. Went the budget route with 4 oz testers and a Preval Sprayers from Home Depot. I can tell that it went on a little thicker than the 1-2 microns they say you get with the sprayers, but it is workable. i am really loving the finish and I am going to have to invest more into this if I am going to keep doing it.

Colors Used:
High Heat C-series Sniper Grey
Oven Cure Armor Black

Before:




After:




9/14/2015 2:02:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Just got my parts back from LTM Refinishing.




Proud Member - "Team Ranstad"
9/14/2015 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ToyCop:
Just got my parts back from LTM Refinishing.

http://www.hillierr.com/arfcom/ps90color.jpg
View Quote

Oh hell ya! How much did that run?
9/14/2015 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quote History
Originally Posted By jclaypool:





Oh hell ya! How much did that run?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By jclaypool:



Originally Posted By ToyCop:

Just got my parts back from LTM Refinishing.



http://www.hillierr.com/arfcom/ps90color.jpg


Oh hell ya! How much did that run?
$150 with LE discount.

 
Proud Member - "Team Ranstad"
9/21/2015 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Sig 1911 C3 in Texas Tan and Desert Sand




9/21/2015 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Ryan_in_AZ:
Sig 1911 C3 in Texas Tan and Desert Sand

http://i.imgur.com/LoN8SyM.jpg


http://i.imgur.com/gAjFTiC.jpg
View Quote


Are they gray or is it the picture?  If the pic is true I really like it.
9/22/2015 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#17]
" />
9/23/2015 2:41:54 AM EDT
[#18]
" />

I was shocked at how many pages of stencils this took.
9/29/2015 1:45:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quote History
Originally Posted By creedlemyerjones:


http://<a href=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/creedlemyerjones/IMG_20150619_1133162_zpslzxrlohx.jpg</a>" />



I was shocked at how many pages of stencils this took.
View Quote
That looks really cool. I like that choice, on that lower/upper combo.



 
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Isaiah 5:20
10/5/2015 11:28:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan][Edited] [#20]
Para 1911 I did for a coworker.


Burnt Bronze, and graphite black
























Another gun I did for a coworker.


Remington Model 51. He chose the paint. I left the grips alone (had to find a reproduction for the broken original).


Before:













Tungsten, SOCOM blue, and graphite black










 
Uncle
Sam's
Misguided
Children

I was cloning before cloning was cool:
Mk12, Mk13, Mk18, M4 Block II
10/6/2015 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#21]

10/6/2015 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By SScot:
http://i.imgur.com/6ULgRCB.jpg
View Quote

tits
10/8/2015 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#23]
MPX by Two Sierra, on Flickr
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
So I know you're a SF whore . . . . .
10/8/2015 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quote History
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:


https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5635/22042604365_d1e537314f_b.jpgMPX by Two Sierra, on Flickr
View Quote
I dig it. As soon as the .357 conversions are available I'm in.

 
Proud Member - "Team Ranstad"
10/11/2015 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#25]
10/11/2015 9:56:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History

Looks badass! What type of cerakote did you use? Did you do any anything different/special between layers? I have done a rattle can version of Kryptek, but want to cerkoate my 308 in Nomad soon.
10/13/2015 10:32:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTacticalCoyote][Edited] [#27]
MPX ARF by Two Sierra, on Flickr
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
So I know you're a SF whore . . . . .
10/17/2015 11:46:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: siraltitude][Edited] [#28]
Here is my project, it's going to be an SBR so waiting on tax stamp and parts to finish rifle, but here is an idea what it will look like. Everything is Cerakote H-Series, and not counting prep work, from the time I started taping till last coat was applied and brought out of oven for final curing about 20 hours worth of work. No stencils used at all, high temp tape and free hand. Colors used are H-232Q Magpul O.D. Green, H-235Q Coyote Tan, H-213Q Battleship Grey, H-146Q Graphite Black, H-140Q Bright White, H-216Q Smith&Wesson Red.
First pic was the look I was going for. Also Micro Slicked some BCG with the Cerakote C-110Q.
Update, tax stamped approved on 11-7-15, here is finished project.





















10/17/2015 11:57:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OG1][Edited] [#29]













 
11/2/2015 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#30]
http://imgur.com/a/QAuSx
11/2/2015 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#31]































11/2/2015 4:22:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: creedlemyerjones][Edited] [#32]
Quote History
Originally Posted By jclaypool:

Looks badass! What type of cerakote did you use? Did you do any anything different/special between layers? I have done a rattle can version of Kryptek, but want to cerkoate my 308 in Nomad soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By jclaypool:

Looks badass! What type of cerakote did you use? Did you do any anything different/special between layers? I have done a rattle can version of Kryptek, but want to cerkoate my 308 in Nomad soon.



Thanks!! It's all done in H-Series. I did do a few things special but its kinda hard to explain, there are 5 layers and you just gotta plan out each one. Thanks again, here is another one I just finished.


11/2/2015 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By creedlemyerjones:



Thanks!! It's all done in H-Series. I did do a few things special but its kinda hard to explain, there are 5 layers and you just gotta plan out each one. Thanks again, here is another one I just finished.


http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/creedlemyerjones/IMG_20151102_001257_zpsabf8zqoh.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By creedlemyerjones:
Originally Posted By jclaypool:

Looks badass! What type of cerakote did you use? Did you do any anything different/special between layers? I have done a rattle can version of Kryptek, but want to cerkoate my 308 in Nomad soon.



Thanks!! It's all done in H-Series. I did do a few things special but its kinda hard to explain, there are 5 layers and you just gotta plan out each one. Thanks again, here is another one I just finished.


http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/creedlemyerjones/IMG_20151102_001257_zpsabf8zqoh.jpg



Very nicely done.
11/5/2015 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#34]
NOW that's sweet ..this is like my wife in a shoe store now I know how they feel lol ..
Quote History
Originally Posted By creedlemyerjones:



Thanks!! It's all done in H-Series. I did do a few things special but its kinda hard to explain, there are 5 layers and you just gotta plan out each one. Thanks again, here is another one I just finished.


http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/creedlemyerjones/IMG_20151102_001257_zpsabf8zqoh.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By creedlemyerjones:
Originally Posted By jclaypool:

Looks badass! What type of cerakote did you use? Did you do any anything different/special between layers? I have done a rattle can version of Kryptek, but want to cerkoate my 308 in Nomad soon.



Thanks!! It's all done in H-Series. I did do a few things special but its kinda hard to explain, there are 5 layers and you just gotta plan out each one. Thanks again, here is another one I just finished.


http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/creedlemyerjones/IMG_20151102_001257_zpsabf8zqoh.jpg

11/8/2015 10:24:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Black Guns Matter!
11/9/2015 10:42:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: siraltitude][Edited] [#36]
Well, i got bored with the black anodized coating on my DPMS GII Bull, so I went with Cerakote H-155Q Taurus Stainless.







11/9/2015 7:31:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ankratz][Edited] [#37]
No one seems to talk much about this Internet-wide, so I thought I'd chime in... I've been experimenting using H Series Cerakote on polymers and plastics, with good results.

Here are a couple of stocks I've done in Magpul FDE, 1:24 ratio, cured at 180 degrees for 2 hours. Haven't tried the A1 stock, but the B5 stock fits a smidge tighter on the tube, but nothing crazy. After working on a Colt receiver extension a couple times, it behaves like normal.

My next focus will be using H Series on scopes and testing repeatability of the scopes (before and after baking). I'm going to start with lower end scopes, then if all pans out move up to my Nightforce F1 H59 (terrifying, but I think it will be fine)





"The only thing more boring than shooting groups is looking at other people's groups on the internet." -erud
11/9/2015 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ankratz:
No one seems to talk much about this Internet-wide, so I thought I'd chime in... I've been experimenting using H Series Cerakote on polymers and plastics, with good results.

Here are a couple of stocks I've done in Magpul FDE, 1:24 ratio, cured at 180 degrees for 2 hours. Haven't tried the A1 stock, but the B5 stock fits a smidge tighter on the tube, but nothing crazy. After working on a Colt receiver extension a couple times, it behaves like normal.

My next focus will be using H Series on scopes and testing repeatability of the scopes (before and after baking). I'm going to start with lower end scopes, then if all pans out move up to my Nightforce F1 H59 (terrifying, but I think it will be fine)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/Cerakote/20151104_220512_RichtoneHDR_zpsfipsdhij.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/Cerakote/20151104_220641_RichtoneHDR_zpsvrixmqck.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/Cerakote/20151104_221028_RichtoneHDR_zpsuadn2yhq.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/Cerakote/20151104_221038_RichtoneHDR_zpskwyv8kph.jpg
View Quote


I've had no issues at all doing polymers. I cure at 200 most of the time. I'm curious what you find with optics. I use C series for that.
11/13/2015 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Originally Posted By creedlemyerjones:



Thanks!! It's all done in H-Series. I did do a few things special but its kinda hard to explain, there are 5 layers and you just gotta plan out each one. Thanks again, here is another one I just finished.


http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/creedlemyerjones/IMG_20151102_001257_zpsabf8zqoh.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By creedlemyerjones:
Originally Posted By jclaypool:

Looks badass! What type of cerakote did you use? Did you do any anything different/special between layers? I have done a rattle can version of Kryptek, but want to cerkoate my 308 in Nomad soon.



Thanks!! It's all done in H-Series. I did do a few things special but its kinda hard to explain, there are 5 layers and you just gotta plan out each one. Thanks again, here is another one I just finished.


http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/creedlemyerjones/IMG_20151102_001257_zpsabf8zqoh.jpg


Do you coat for customers, or just yourself?  If you're taking customers, IM me about a possible project.
11/22/2015 2:25:29 AM EDT
[#40]
DD 2A - 1 by Two Sierra, on Flickr
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
So I know you're a SF whore . . . . .
11/22/2015 2:30:03 AM EDT
[#41]
DD 2A - 2 by Two Sierra, on Flickr
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
So I know you're a SF whore . . . . .
11/22/2015 2:30:28 AM EDT
[#42]
870 - 1 by Two Sierra, on Flickr
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
So I know you're a SF whore . . . . .
11/22/2015 2:30:51 AM EDT
[#43]
870 - 2 by Two Sierra, on Flickr
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
So I know you're a SF whore . . . . .
11/22/2015 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#44]


"The only thing more boring than shooting groups is looking at other people's groups on the internet." -erud
11/22/2015 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ankratz:
<a href="http://s6.photobucket.com/user/akratz/media/Cerakote/20151120_222047_zpscy1sjr1n.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/Cerakote/20151120_222047_zpscy1sjr1n.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s6.photobucket.com/user/akratz/media/Cerakote/20151120_231205_zpsp66luhcs.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/Cerakote/20151120_231205_zpsp66luhcs.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s6.photobucket.com/user/akratz/media/Cerakote/20151120_231302_zpsvpkn19sw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/Cerakote/20151120_231302_zpsvpkn19sw.jpg</a>
View Quote


That's a good match, what color is it?
11/23/2015 12:15:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Originally Posted By NUcadet07:

View Quote


I beat my guns up enough on my own to generally think "faux distressed" finishes are stupid, but I've gotta admit that this one looks pretty good, the contrast and colors of the distressed finish pair up very nicely with the grips.  

~Augee
11/23/2015 12:43:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Crappy picture doesn't really show the color well, but the slide is tungsten.
11/23/2015 2:01:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Old18C][Edited] [#49]
Some GREAT looking weapons in this thread, will have to consider getting some of my toys redone while I can still use it as a deduction. Here are a couple I have had done.

My take down that I carry in m motorcycle on trips.



One of my trip gifts to myself


11/24/2015 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Glocks by Two Sierra, on Flickr
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
So I know you're a SF whore . . . . .

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 18
Next Page

Cerakote Picture Thread (Page 9 of 18)

Armory Sponsor