Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor

Cerakote Picture Thread (Page 12 of 18)

Previous Page
/ 18
Next Page
10/21/2016 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Did the Slide and Comp in a battleworn style blue for a Police Officer. GREAT color combination.

http://www.olympiccerakote.com

Visit our Dealer forum for information on our MONTHLY cerakote giveaways!
10/24/2016 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Sniper Gray

11/16/2016 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Originally Posted By jojo4711:
I have been doing just one color cerakote and decals on Yeti cups and a few firearms for about 6 months. I have the process down pretty well and now I want to expand my skills. For the life of me I cannot figure out some of these designs are done and what technique is used. Any help or insight would be appreciated from one fellow painter to another. I will post a few designs I am wondering about.
View Quote





For the sake of discussion, I'll pick the bottom image to explain the order in which the layers were applied.  

First they place a decal on a surface that has been thoroughly cleaned and prepped.

With the decal on the cup, next they spray the base color, which is pink on this cup.  They cure the pink layer while leaving the decal on there.  

Next they spray a black coat onto the cup.  

Next take a scotch bright pad and lightly scuff around the decal in a similar pattern to the one in the cup.  This creates a distressed look.  Next cure the black layer.  

The last step is the "splatter" look.  I would use a toothbrush with a little black on it and lightly run your fingers across the bristles to make the splatter effect.   Cure the last layer.

After the cup has been cured you can remove the decal.  If you applied the decal correctly you should have a nice clean pattern underneath the decal and you should see the original finish of the cup.  

I hope this makes sense and helps.
11/20/2016 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Magpul FDE slide and Magpul FDE grips.  Close, but not perfect.

11/26/2016 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]




70% burnt bronze 30% graphite black. Will post more pics once lower is built.
11/29/2016 11:06:31 PM EDT
[#6]
12/1/2016 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#7]



70/30 burnt bronze graphite black under fluorescent light. Will get another pic outside in daylight today.
12/1/2016 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Snow white and graphite blackAttached File
Don't be the flame, don't be the fuel added to the flame....Be the spark
12/2/2016 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By awdsuperstar:
Snow white and graphite blackhttp://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204029/20161108-161238-96230.jpg
View Quote


I dig it.

Lower going to match?
Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.
12/2/2016 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Attached File
Don't be the flame, don't be the fuel added to the flame....Be the spark
12/2/2016 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#11]
12/5/2016 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
View Quote


Well done.
Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.
12/6/2016 7:53:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By sommere54:


Well done.
View Quote


Thank you, kind sir
Don't be the flame, don't be the fuel added to the flame....Be the spark
12/15/2016 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#14]
This will more than likely be detested by the AR15.com population... But we are playing with some new combos for chameleon jobs.

This one is a Green, Gold, brown/tan combo.






http://www.olympiccerakote.com

Visit our Dealer forum for information on our MONTHLY cerakote giveaways!
12/15/2016 6:41:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Cool concept, but not for me.
12/15/2016 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By rjackh:
Cool concept, but not for me.
View Quote


It's definitely not for everyone. However there are requests out there by some, so we're making it happen!
http://www.olympiccerakote.com

Visit our Dealer forum for information on our MONTHLY cerakote giveaways!
12/16/2016 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's another one we did in Green Beret Green.

http://www.olympiccerakote.com

Visit our Dealer forum for information on our MONTHLY cerakote giveaways!
12/16/2016 9:55:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Twin2L][Edited] [#18]
deleted duplicate
12/16/2016 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Scarr:
Cerakoted in a custom color to mimic the old parkerizing. Called it "Stalingrad Steel"
View Quote


Mr. Scarr,

That is beyond a Modern Classic!  That is an INSTANT CLASSIC!!!!

I now have a new favorite AR, and it isn't one of mine.

T2L
12/19/2016 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#20]




12/19/2016 10:33:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Olympic_Cerakote:
This will more than likely be detested by the AR15.com population... But we are playing with some new combos for chameleon jobs.

This one is a Green, Gold, brown/tan combo.

http://www.mywrx.net/scor1.jpg
http://www.mywrx.net/scor2.jpg
http://www.mywrx.net/scor3.jpg
http://www.mywrx.net/scor4.jpg
http://www.mywrx.net/scor5.jpg
http://www.mywrx.net/scor6.jpg
View Quote


Gun Candy?
Instagram
@madpigcustoms
12/20/2016 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By NUcadet07:


Gun Candy?
View Quote


We're working with Gun Candy to compile low load data for their product. If things continue to work well we will use them solely, but at this time we still have another company that is our primary source for candy, pearl, or chameleon additives. Plus a few others.
http://www.olympiccerakote.com

Visit our Dealer forum for information on our MONTHLY cerakote giveaways!
12/20/2016 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Here is my precision build that I had Mad Custom Coatings Cerekote.  They hit the nail on the head with what i was looking for.  They did an awesome job, wait time was rough.  I wish I was a better photographer,  I picked the colors and explained the look I was going for, more brushed metal, than battleworn, and they nailed it, along with all the smalls and details.  









Live Free or Die
NRA Patron Member
1/1/2017 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:
Here is my precision build that I had Mad Custom Coatings Cerekote.  They hit the nail on the head with what i was looking for.  They did an awesome job, wait time was rough.  I wish I was a better photographer,  I picked the colors and explained the look I was going for, more brushed metal, than battleworn, and they nailed it, along with all the smalls and details.  
View Quote



They did an incredible job. I love that!
1/2/2017 11:28:10 PM EDT
[#25]






Daniel Defense M4V9.  Was supposed to be Patriot Brown but came out lighter than I expected.  Still think it looks good.
1/11/2017 3:08:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gr8Santini][Edited] [#26]
Attached File


Attached File
1/11/2017 11:09:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gotfish][Edited] [#27]
Just finished this yesterday - hoping to get to try it out tomorrow.  Was sort of a "dream Glock 17" project for me.
Slide is Tungsten Cerakote (by Jagerwerks in Michigan), frame is Titanium Cerakote (by X-Werks in AZ).  Vickers slide stop is Cerakote Graphite Black.
Sights are Dawson, trigger by Overwatch Precision, Taran Tactical basepad, and most other parts are Zev or OEM Glock.







The 17 with it's "big brother" in Cerakote Graphite Black
"My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!" Author Unknown
1/12/2017 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#28]
That the best looking glock I have seen.
Major Captain of Seaborne Party Operations for the North Atlantic Ocean
1/12/2017 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
That the best looking glock I have seen.
View Quote


Thanks!
"My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!" Author Unknown
1/12/2017 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Patriot Brown & Sig Dark Grey. Love how they turned out.
Attached File
"Boom inna crotch, boom inna crotch." - Clint Smith
1/13/2017 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By rjackh:
70/30 burnt bronze graphite black under fluorescent light. Will get another pic outside in daylight today.
View Quote


Looks awesome! Definitely digging the two tone between the upper and lower.  Any possibly for an outside shot?
1/14/2017 9:16:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin859][Edited] [#32]
Some beautiful cerakoting jobs here.
1/24/2017 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#33]


1/28/2017 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#34]
This months crazy display is a Spikes Tactical / Pipe Hitters Union chameleon rifle.

Here's a few quick pictures.







http://www.olympiccerakote.com

Visit our Dealer forum for information on our MONTHLY cerakote giveaways!
2/17/2017 1:08:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Olympic_Cerakote:
This months crazy display is a Spikes Tactical / Pipe Hitters Union chameleon rifle.

Here's a few quick pictures.

http://www.mywrx.net/phu0.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/phu1.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/phu2.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/phu3.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/phu4.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/phu5.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/phu6.JPG
View Quote


How durable is this product? As good as Cerakote?
2/17/2017 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Originally Posted By AspiringSamsquanch:


How durable is this product? As good as Cerakote?
View Quote


It is done with Cerakote.

I've done MANY different patterns and colors and have yet to have one show it's any softer or weaker than normal.
http://www.olympiccerakote.com

Visit our Dealer forum for information on our MONTHLY cerakote giveaways!
2/23/2017 11:29:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: woodsy][Edited] [#37]
I'll add a few of my latest projects.

1911 finished with Magpul FDE and graphite black.


DE finished with Magpul FDE and sand.


Remington .223AI finished in sand, olive drab, and graphite black.  All receiver and bolt truing, barrel fitting and chambering, inletting for the bottom metal, bolt knob installation, bedding, and coating done in house.



Remington .220 Swift finished in Magpul FDE, olive drab, and sand.  All receiver and bolt truing, barrel fitting and chambering, bedding, and coating done in house.



I'll have to dig around to see if I have any more pics to share.
2/24/2017 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Originally Posted By woodsy:
I'll add a few of my latest projects.

80% 1911 finished with Magpul FDE and graphite black.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/Ezshooter/19112_zpslzqz1ytb.jpg

DE finished with Magpul FDE and sand.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/Ezshooter/DE2_zpsfajfkmw6.jpg

AR .223 pistol finished with Magpul FDE.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/Ezshooter/ARpistol2_zpsa3aglinu.jpg

AR .223 carbine finished with Magpul FDE.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/Ezshooter/AR1_zpswqdwwpac.jpg

AR 300 Blackout finished in multicam.  I'd have to consult my notes on what colors were used.  There were enough that I can't remember exactly.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/Ezshooter/300BO2_zpsdeuw0wsi.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/Ezshooter/300BO1_zpspk2ec1qo.jpg

Remington .223AI finished in Magpul FDE, olive drab, and graphite black.  All receiver and bolt truing, barrel fitting and chambering, inletting for the bottom metal, bolt knob installation, bedding, and coating done in house.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/Ezshooter/223AI1_zpsgoxbnajz.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/Ezshooter/223AI2_zpswl47eyzz.jpg

Remington .220 Swift finished in Magpul FDE, olive drab, and sand.  All receiver and bolt truing, barrel fitting and chambering, bedding, and coating done in house.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/Ezshooter/Swift2_zps3ujhngpc.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/Ezshooter/Swift1_zpswffrc4iz.jpg

I'll have to dig around to see if I have any more pics to share.
View Quote


The gas guns are good, but the bolt guns are outstanding!
Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.
2/25/2017 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Here's another relatively new one.

A Gunmetal color on a Glock 19 with black accessories.

Got a lot more to post, just need to find the time.



http://www.olympiccerakote.com

Visit our Dealer forum for information on our MONTHLY cerakote giveaways!
3/6/2017 12:51:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Part of a set we did with a custom mix red. Only the inside of the rail was done here.



Mercury silver slide with Robins egg frame on this Glock 42.



Glock 19 Slide and barrel in Cerakote Elite Midnight.

http://www.olympiccerakote.com

Visit our Dealer forum for information on our MONTHLY cerakote giveaways!
3/10/2017 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Midnight Bronze and Graphite Black

Attached File
Don't be the flame, don't be the fuel added to the flame....Be the spark
4/1/2017 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#42]
AK - tactical grey (looks the same as tungsten in this lighting, gets brighter in others)
Glock - Tungsten
500 - Sniper grey

4/3/2017 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#43]
anybody have a good guess on a green to best match the Swedish AK5?
4/3/2017 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Originally Posted By eternal24k:
anybody have a good guess on a green to best match the Swedish AK5?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5e/Ak5Daimpoint2.jpg/800px-Ak5Daimpoint2.jpg
View Quote
Highland Green.
http://www.olympiccerakote.com

Visit our Dealer forum for information on our MONTHLY cerakote giveaways!
4/5/2017 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#45]
thanks!
4/6/2017 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Sniper Grey custom mix by Dan @ Arclightprecision.com  great work!
4/8/2017 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Olympic_Cerakote:


Highland Green.
View Quote
I'm gonna disagree, highland green is good for the plastic, I'd go with Mil Spec Green for the painted finish. Honestly I think we're both kind of right though, best bet would be to mix those two if I had a color sample.
Instagram
@madpigcustoms
4/8/2017 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Attached File


Finished this one up about a month ago. It's a little different.
Instagram
@madpigcustoms
4/10/2017 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#49]





4/10/2017 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#50]
picking it up tomorrow


Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 18
Next Page

Cerakote Picture Thread (Page 12 of 18)

Armory Sponsor