Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor

Cerakote Picture Thread (Page 11 of 18)

Previous Page
/ 18
Next Page
4/28/2016 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]
4/28/2016 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
View Quote



Fantastic. What color?
4/28/2016 8:22:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aIIan][Edited] [#3]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:



Fantastic. What color?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:



Fantastic. What color?


Tungsten. It really lights up in the sunlight, under normal lighting it's a shade or two darker.
5/16/2016 8:18:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: danos660r][Edited] [#4]


First attempt and it actually turned out good

Safety Orange


Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
5/16/2016 9:27:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan][Edited] [#5]
Mixing some KG Gun Kote for a custom color. I'll have to get some test material this week to see how they really came out.











Flash (overcast)






No flash



 
Uncle
Sam's
Misguided
Children

April 2016 "FBHO has been pretty pro gun so far, or at a minimum..neutral." - CPT_CAVEMAN
5/23/2016 10:08:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Battle Arms Development ultra lightweight SBR Build, Sub 5 Pounds

Battle arms billet lower, upper, sabertube stock with qd backplate, enhanced mag release

Odin Works Ultra Lightweight 10.5 inch barrel 223 wylde

Aim surplus lightweight ni boron bcg

Umbrella Corp grip and lpk

Fortis rev gen II 9 inch handguard, switch vertical grip

Fostech Echo (pre ordered)

Silencer Co muzzle break for quick attach of omega

Magpul mbus gen I sights and pmags with magpods

Tungsten cerakote and Engraving by Pittsburgh Cerakote (those guys rock)

















5/25/2016 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By CandyX:
First cerakote job Patriot Brown on butt stock, wasn't happy with the anodized look.

http://<a href=http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah30/1candyx/AR15/20160213_155200_001_zpswrm1szmx.jpg</a>" />
View Quote


What stock is that?   Looks good in that Patriot Brown.
6/1/2016 11:52:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Customer wanted to match the Eotech hood, but on the bronze side of things.




"The only thing more boring than shooting groups is looking at other people's groups on the internet." -erud
6/1/2016 11:59:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ankratz][Edited] [#9]
Latest revision of "Anodized Dark Earth"




"The only thing more boring than shooting groups is looking at other people's groups on the internet." -erud
6/8/2016 11:39:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Both my Cerakoted Rifles

WarSport LVOC
14.5" Barrel with pinned and welded Top Hat Comp.
Geiselle SD3G
Salient BCG
Vortex 1X6X24
All Metal (Save for some plastic in the JP Silent Capture Buffer and Mags, she didn't like the metal mags)
Burnt Bronze by Omaha Outdoors



Color fill by me


My BAD LW
BAD Upper/Lower Set Factory Cerakoted (Yea, I questioned this too, so, I checked with sales and ran the serial #'s, Sho nuff.)
Vella Industries rail 15"
Some BCM stuff
Whole bunch of Ti stuff
14.5" Ultra Match Light Rigid Black Contrast Barrel by BAD. Beautiful, hated to cover it up with a rail
BAD Enhanced BCG









6/10/2016 11:36:28 PM EDT
[#11]
6/12/2016 10:44:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EKD][Edited] [#12]
Here's one of mine.  All the Magpul FDE Cerakote was done by me.



6/12/2016 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Dark color is graphite black mixed w tungsten. Lighter color is tungsten mixed with stainless.

6/19/2016 2:58:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gr8Santini][Edited] [#14]
Its done



















6/19/2016 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
Its done


<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsohbkwq6s.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsohbkwq6s.jpg</a>



<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsqxuzk4pl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsqxuzk4pl.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zps5jeazfdv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zps5jeazfdv.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpstfzpbjbb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpstfzpbjbb.jpg</a>





View Quote

Bad ass, opinions on the xcr?
Major Captain of Seaborne Party Operations for the North Atlantic Ocean
6/19/2016 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

Bad ass, opinions on the xcr?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
Its done


<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsohbkwq6s.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsohbkwq6s.jpg</a>



<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsqxuzk4pl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsqxuzk4pl.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zps5jeazfdv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zps5jeazfdv.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/gr8santini/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpstfzpbjbb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/gr8santini/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpstfzpbjbb.jpg</a>






Bad ass, opinions on the xcr?


Thanks!  I'm a huge fan.  This is my second XCR.  
6/27/2016 7:26:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IBSlingin][Edited] [#17]
Still a work in progress.......

6/27/2016 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Originally Posted By IBSlingin:
Still in progress.......

<a href="http://s234.photobucket.com/user/IBSlingin/media/556%20SBR/FullSizeRender_zpsirj3oau4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee62/IBSlingin/556%20SBR/FullSizeRender_zpsirj3oau4.jpg</a>
View Quote



Okooohhhhh. Tell me about that color.
6/28/2016 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:



Okooohhhhh. Tell me about that color.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
Originally Posted By IBSlingin:
Still in progress.......

<a href="http://s234.photobucket.com/user/IBSlingin/media/556%20SBR/FullSizeRender_zpsirj3oau4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee62/IBSlingin/556%20SBR/FullSizeRender_zpsirj3oau4.jpg</a>



Okooohhhhh. Tell me about that color.


Looks like a black and tungsten mix. Awesome color, what is that rail?
Instagram
@madpigcustoms
6/28/2016 1:07:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IBSlingin][Edited] [#20]
Yes, Tungsten and black mix.  My cerakoter calls it "dirty grey".   The rail is an SLR Ion 10.7 Ultra Lite.

6/30/2016 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Not my best work, but a rush job done in under 2 hours exactly as requested.



7/6/2016 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Another kryptek job by request for the ladies. I'm not a huge fan of the small pattern but that's what was wanted.



7/16/2016 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Originally Posted By IBSlingin:
Yes, Tungsten and black mix.  My cerakoter calls it "dirty grey".   The rail is an SLR Ion 10.7 Ultra Lite.

View Quote


Ratio?  50/50?
7/16/2016 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#24]


7/18/2016 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Annnd a basic single color which I really liked.


7/20/2016 1:21:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mike_P:
Another kryptek job by request for the ladies. I'm not a huge fan of the small pattern but that's what was wanted.

http://www.mywrx.net/pkryp1.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/pkryp2.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/pkryp3.JPG
View Quote


Whats the deal with the right side of the grip where the little black dots are?
7/20/2016 1:43:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mike_P:
Annnd a basic single color which I really liked.

http://www.mywrx.net/g19grn-1.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/g19grn-2.JPG
View Quote

That is an incredible color.
First To Fight
If I'm not on a watchlist, someone isn't doing their job
7/20/2016 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By FullMetalAR:


Whats the deal with the right side of the grip where the little black dots are?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By FullMetalAR:
Originally Posted By Mike_P:
Another kryptek job by request for the ladies. I'm not a huge fan of the small pattern but that's what was wanted.

http://www.mywrx.net/pkryp1.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/pkryp2.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/pkryp3.JPG


Whats the deal with the right side of the grip where the little black dots are?


Sorry I didn't see this earlier. The owner purchased it from a friend who had apparently begun to stipple it but stopped. So she got an amazing deal and wanted to have it refinished.
7/26/2016 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Austrian FDE. This was my first attempt at cerakote. I'm debating on redoing it.

7/27/2016 12:57:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Bad pics, but here's a Scorpion I just completed in Sniper Grey.


7/27/2016 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mike_P:
Bad pics, but here's a Scorpion I just completed in Sniper Grey.

http://www.mywrx.net/scorp1.jpg
http://www.mywrx.net/scorp2.jpg
View Quote


I like it, I've got a Skorpion and MPX that I'm on the fence about coating.
Instagram
@madpigcustoms
7/27/2016 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Bazooka Green, Federal Standard Field Drab, and some Black. The mixed florescent/incandescent lighting makes it look a little off.



“It is not a good fancy, what profit to kill men?"
"Very little - as I know; but if evil men were not now and then slain it would not be a good world for weaponless dreamers." -Kim by Rudyard Kipling
7/27/2016 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By NUcadet07:


I like it, I've got a Skorpion and MPX that I'm on the fence about coating.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By NUcadet07:
Originally Posted By Mike_P:
Bad pics, but here's a Scorpion I just completed in Sniper Grey.

http://www.mywrx.net/scorp1.jpg
http://www.mywrx.net/scorp2.jpg


I like it, I've got a Skorpion and MPX that I'm on the fence about coating.


Do it! The polymer of the Scorpion sure retains a lot of oil so they need some really good prep work done, but it looks so nice in Sniper grey. Sort of a nice subtle change. In person it's really nice. I'll try to take some better photos.
8/26/2016 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I have been doing just one color cerakote and decals on Yeti cups and a few firearms for about 6 months. I have the process down pretty well and now I want to expand my skills. For the life of me I cannot figure out some of these designs are done and what technique is used. Any help or insight would be appreciated from one fellow painter to another. I will post a few designs I am wondering about.











8/26/2016 10:23:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NUcadet07][Edited] [#35]
Never mind, now I see what you're asking.
Instagram
@madpigcustoms
8/26/2016 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#36]
So any ideas then?
8/26/2016 1:36:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NUcadet07][Edited] [#37]
Quote History
Originally Posted By jojo4711:
So any ideas then?
View Quote


Sure, I do it for a business though. Best way to learn is do some googling, watch some videos. Learn the patterns and plan how you would accomplish them in your head. I suggest 000 and 0000 steel wool for distressing. Bottom line is that nothing will really get you there besides actually trying and failing... a lot.

99% of the complex stuff is planning. What layer first etc... make sure you don't overcure, stick to 180 degrees. Cerakote has lots of information out there on how to do it as well.
Instagram
@madpigcustoms
8/26/2016 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#38]
CZ 85 Pre B.  Satin aluminum and socom blue.  Cerakoting done my Primary Machine.

How you live your life is important. Just be sure the memory of how you died doesn't overshadow the tales of how you lived your life.
8/31/2016 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Multicam MK12





8/31/2016 10:55:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: creedlemyerjones][Edited] [#40]
9/1/2016 6:42:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KillamKoatings][Edited] [#41]
New user here,



I have been doing this for about 3 months now.

so far I have done quite a few handguns but here is a AR I did. Feel free to critique it!





And a few recent handguns



And another
9/9/2016 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#42]
This page doesn't have enough multicam. Quick one I did for someone yesterday.

9/10/2016 9:22:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mike_P:
This page doesn't have enough multicam. Quick one I did for someone yesterday.

http://www.mywrx.net/G19-mcam.JPG
View Quote


Nicely done.
Instagram
@madpigcustoms
9/11/2016 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Originally Posted By NUcadet07:


Nicely done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By NUcadet07:
Originally Posted By Mike_P:
This page doesn't have enough multicam. Quick one I did for someone yesterday.

http://www.mywrx.net/G19-mcam.JPG


Nicely done.


Thanks!
10/7/2016 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#45]
10/11/2016 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#46]
This is awesome. Love the Spartan accent. Are you for hire? What are the colors of this? Hard to tell, green? Gold?



PM me if you dont mind. Thanks
10/14/2016 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Sorry who are you referring to?
10/21/2016 1:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Olympic_Cerakote][Edited] [#48]
A nice Sniper grey and Crimson red combo we're doing for a customer. She just received her upper receiver, so we're hoping to wrap it up this weekend.

http://www.olympiccerakote.com

Visit our Dealer forum for information on our MONTHLY cerakote giveaways!
10/21/2016 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Annnd a Sniper Grey slide on a CZ P-09.

http://www.olympiccerakote.com

Visit our Dealer forum for information on our MONTHLY cerakote giveaways!
10/21/2016 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Also a Sniper Grey slide and frame on a Glock 19 Gen 4.

It seems like Sniper Grey has been the color of the month here.

http://www.olympiccerakote.com

Visit our Dealer forum for information on our MONTHLY cerakote giveaways!

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 18
Next Page

Cerakote Picture Thread (Page 11 of 18)

Armory Sponsor