Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2022 10:08:48 PM EDT
Not sure if this is a stupid question or not.  Is there any issue with curing H series in a gas oven?  Do the sprayed parts off gas anything that could be flammable and or explosive?  From what I understand metal parts are 250 degrees for 2 hours.  My oven almost does that just with the pilot light. I've watched a couple videos of doing cerakoting at home and none of them mentioned the type of oven they were using.  thanks
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 2:24:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Not sure if this is a stupid question or not.  Is there any issue with curing H series in a gas oven?  Do the sprayed parts off gas anything that could be flammable and or explosive?  From what I understand metal parts are 250 degrees for 2 hours.  My oven almost does that just with the pilot light. I've watched a couple videos of doing cerakoting at home and none of them mentioned the type of oven they were using.  thanks
View Quote

No, nothing is going to go all explody.  I’ve done it.

You can use your kitchen oven - but if you have a family - no. It stinks and will drive everyone out of the house and it can linger w/o serious ventilation.   I’ve done it when I lived alone but it will really piss off others.  Now I have a large toaster oven I use in the garage/shop.  If you have more parts than fit at once, you can cycle them through - no problem.  Let them air dry a bit before sitting in the oven so the surface doesn’t get marred from sitting on the tray/foil/etc.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:22:59 AM EDT
[#2]
No issues with using a gas oven.

For odor control, turn on the exhaust fan and light a candle to keep the wife happy. It's not that bad.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Air out then quickly bake some chocolate chip cookies as the ultimate scent cover.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top