Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2018 11:17:46 PM EDT
I started looking at these two colors for a gun of mine, and I really preferred the Desert Sand (like this one here) because it's lighter than Desert Tan (this guy here).

So I contacted Cerakote and asked them to ship me a Desert Sand swatch, and here's a picture of what they sent me (labeled "Desert Sand"). I know the two colors are close to each other, but what the hell is going on with the interchangeable use of names? Which freaking color is which? Any Cerakoters on today?

For reference, it's laying on a white envelope.

Link Posted: 8/6/2018 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I started looking at these two colors for a gun of mine, and I really preferred the Desert Sand (like this one here) because it's lighter than Desert Tan (this guy here).

So I contacted Cerakote and asked them to ship me a Desert Sand swatch, and here's a picture of what they sent me (labeled "Desert Sand"). I know the two colors are close to each other, but what the hell is going on with the interchangeable use of names? Which freaking color is which? Any Cerakoters on today?

For reference, it's laying on a white envelope.

https://s33.postimg.cc/6n7li2u1r/cerakote-desert-sand.jpg
View Quote

There is a refinishing section under Armory where a question like this should be posted
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Noted, ty.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#4]
If there's just a minute difference in colors just go with what you think is best. You can paint two different objects the same color, from the same paint and materials one day apart, and you will be able to see a color difference between the two objects. In short, getting an exact paint color match is a total crapshoot. I've seen different components painted the same day that I could see a slight mismatch on. A friend Cerakotes professionally, and complains about it all the time. For a total color match, paint the whole thing at one time. All paints are (ahem) environmentally sensitive to some degree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top