Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2018 9:07:05 PM EDT
Reviews look good but does anyone here have first hand experience with one?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one. It is the only gun I have ever sold. I bought it before I knew what to look for. Bolt was ground to headspace. The bolt would jam if you let it fly on an empty chamber. Rough welds. Maybe they have gotten it right since.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine almost 20 years ago, broke where charging tube connects to receiver, had my brother in law weld it back, runs really well but looks more like an HK91 than a CETME now.
I do know their AKs are super nice now as opposed to 20 years ago, I have one will a milled receiver and it's day and night from years ago maybe that's the same with the CETME.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#3]
You have to know what to look for as previously stated.  I have 3 of them and all are good to go.  If you dont want to spend the time to understand everything about them (they are a hk 93 clone kind of) maybe get a ar 10 instead.  I paid under $300 a pop for all of mine.  They are around $600 now?  You can get a ar 10 for around the same, maybe a bit more.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one years back.. I never had an issue with it as it ate anything I fed it... It was load as fuck with the muzzle break that came on it.. I sent it down the road when I got an AR chambered in 7.62x51..
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, mine was a jam-o-matic. Typical Century crap.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I got one a few months ago and it's been great, although I did change out the locking piece to shoot it suppressed.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#7]
The C308 the OP is asking about is considerably different than the original Century CETMEs from 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The C308 the OP is asking about is considerably different than the original Century CETMEs from 20 years ago.
View Quote
Correct, as the newer c308 uses PTR receivers and trigger pack it's a +.

I personally wouldn't buy anything built by century arms...I've had one bad experience and from that prompted to do more research on CIA built
Firearms which kept me away.  I would personally pay a bit more and go with the PTR variant.  Recently purchased a PTR 32 and was
Surprised on the build quality/finish.  Now I'm eying their PTR 91

Tim from Military arms channel just put up a new video on 3 clones of HK91 type clones to review

Zenith z41
PTR 91
CIA/cetme 308
CIA /newer C308

Still trying to figure out how post the YouTube video
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked one up for $499 shipped last year.

Round count is only 300 rounds but so far it runs great. It’s a range toy/novelty for me so it’ll take some time to tell how reliable it is. Sights were a bit off out of the box so I had to pick up a tool for that from Apex and somehow a sling and bayonet ended up in my cart

It’s heavy and has a shit trigger (heavy and gritty) but otherwise I like it quite a bit. I pulled off the plastic furniture and put on some CETME wood which looks much better.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Correct, as the newer c308 uses PTR receivers and trigger pack it's a +.

I personally wouldn't buy anything built by century arms...I've had one bad experience and from that prompted to do more research on CIA built
Firearms which kept me away.  I would personally pay a bit more and go with the PTR variant.  Recently purchased a PTR 32 and was
Surprised on the build quality/finish.  Now I'm eying their PTR 91

Tim from Military arms channel just put up a new video on 3 clones of HK91 type clones to review

Zenith z41
PTR 91
CIA/cetme 308
CIA /newer C308

Still trying to figure out how post the YouTube video
View Quote
The best HK 91 Clones on the market
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:32:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Ty sir????
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I got one from Leesmags.com for $449 including s/h in August. Love it ! Functions flawlessly.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Reviews look good but does anyone here have first hand experience with one?
View Quote
I had one. It worked for one magazine and fell apart on me. Magwell opened up and bolt locked back. Seller said the warranty was through Century. Century said the warranty was for one year and HAD EXPIRED. The warranty had expired while the rifle sat in a distributors warehouse. Luckily I found a guy who was a gunsmith/tinkerer who bought it from me for almost what I paid for it, but I won't have a Century built product in my home again.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:21:04 AM EDT
[#14]
My buddy had one. IIRC it worked very reliably once Century mailed him replacements for the broken factory parts it came with. He was not impressed with it. I wasn't either after I shot it. Very meh, boringly reliable but not really any fun to shoot and the fit/finish/ergos were pretty mediocre. Better guns for the money at $699 which was the going rate when he bought it, though for $499 I'd probably accept its flaws and use it as a beater gun. Pretty much the cheapest 308 battle rifle out there at that price. It's like a cheap AK, but in 308 and at the price a cheap AK should go for.

@VendraxTwoHands
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I just bought one a few weeks ago I will be shooting it next month. Will definitely update with my results!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top