Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2021 12:54:14 PM EDT
Got a remote cabin with great cell service but no internet options.  It's remote enough that if someone breaks in, they could steal the digital storage device / DVR too.  

Looking at buying at least two cameras.   So far, it's looking like the Reveal Tactacam options are winning- likely the Reveal X model.  It's not a "security" camera, but is a pretty good game camera that takes a series of pictures after motion triggers it.  Is there a better option?  There's no where to really hide a DVR that won't be in the attic at 120+ in the summer.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Might be easier to get a cellular router/AP and connect what you want to it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 12:38:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Arlo Go is another one that will work.
I have mine added to my cell phone plan.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:02:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might be easier to get a cellular router/AP and connect what you want to it.
View Quote

If you have constant power to the cabin do this...

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, I'm looking into it.  What is the "AP" part of it?  

So set up a 4G or 5G cellurlar router, then add a 4 or 6 camera system to it with back up DVR?

Anyone have any experience with actually building out a camera system using a cellular router?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK, I'm looking into it.  What is the "AP" part of it?  

So set up a 4G or 5G cellurlar router, then add a 4 or 6 camera system to it with back up DVR?

Anyone have any experience with actually building out a camera system using a cellular router?
View Quote

AP = Access Point
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top