Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2018 9:27:08 AM EDT
Tractor Supply has a Cannon TS5934 at a good price. The down side is it's an electronic lock.
I had one a few years ago lock while it was open. It was a Champion. I was lucky. Customer service walked me through the dial conversion.
Only cost about $100 and some time.
My question is can anyone confirm that I can do the same thing with this Cannon?
Customer Service via email and online chat are sticking to the script they were given. Saying that the mech lock "is not an available option".
Me and a buddy are ready to buy 1 each but I'm totally not interested unless it can be converted.

Anybody has insight on these?
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Would be interested in this as well. I was in TSC today looking at this exact safe, but not a big fan of the electronic lock.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#2]
If it is anything like the TS5940, I would say no.

The lock is not centered behind the keypad. You would have to drill a new hole through their hard plate below the keypad to mount a dial lock.

If in doubt, just go to tractor supply and check behind the door panel. It simply lifts up and out, no screws or clips holding it in place.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#3]
So far they keep themm locked and aren't very keen on me opening her up to inspect the locking mech.
I have a buddy that manages a Tractor Supply a little drive away. Have to set that up on a day when he's working.

Even Cannon can't definitively answer this for me and the locksmith wants money to find out.
If you want something done right...
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#4]
So I was in the market for a cannon safe at tsc. Then read the horror stories online. Then I tried to call them to get some answers. After being on hold for 2 hours I got my confirmation. If you have a lockout they'll send you another lock, but locksmith costs are on you.

So I found a champion safe and gave then a call. On hold wait less than 2 mins. I purchased their lifetime warranty that covers locksmith time.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I was finally able to get one open. The default code is 123456. I wasn't able to get the interior panel off easily.
I took the keypad off and found that there is no hole directly behind on the interior wall.
Basically that means the locking mech is not in a position to use a mechanical dial.
If the keypad fails, you'd have to replace it with another. After getting a locksmith to open it, on your dime.
No thanks.
Liberty looks like a good option.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you finding a liberty safe with similar features and size for similar price?
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I found a Liberty close to the same size I can get delivered and installed for $1500.
Make figuring out the stairs a moot point for me.
And the best part is that it had a dial on it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found a Liberty close to the same size I can get delivered and installed for $1500.
Make figuring out the stairs a moot point for me.
And the best part is that it had a dial on it.
View Quote
Nice. I hope it works great for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top