[Last Edit: osprey21]
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:54:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#3]
I buy LED light strips on Amazon .  I keep 12-14V computer power supplies in my junk bin for such things.  The light strips can be glued anywhere using a hot glue gun.  This is where a cordless glue gun (ryobi) is priceless. There is a remote on top for a Christmas light controller to turn them on and off.  Newer controller remotes have a CR2032 batt in them.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Not sure how I feel about Liberty with the bullshit in the last couple months, but I can vouch for their 5 light bar kit. Plugs into the back electrical panel.

The light kit has been installed since 2018 with no issues. The two smaller bars in the center rack are also from them but they run on AAA batteries (light strips on the sides don’t illuminate the center very well because of the dividers). Those die every three years.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I currently use these LED motion lights.

Thus far, very long battery life.

Amazon Product
  • Motion Sensor Light Switch - The T01L Light will turn on automatically when you get within 10 feet and the light stay on for extra 20 seconds after you leave in Auto mode. Auto/On/Off 3 modes available for different occasions. Built-in Light Sensor allows you to choose whether to work only at NIGHT or both DAY and NIGHT.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By aod886:

www.amazon.com/dp/B07353W4V2
View Quote
I use something (2 actually) very similar and they work great if you don't have a good way to get power into the safe.  Only needs to be charged every few months, plenty bright, and come on before the door is even fully opened.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:34:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#7]

www.amazon.com/dp/B07353W4V2
View Quote
I tried two of those motion det rechargeable strips and they did not work for shit.  I tried it in a closet and ended up using the same strips I have in my safe. They would come on at random, and would not come on when I wanted them to.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
I tried two of those motion det rechargeable strips and they did not work for shit.  I tried it in a closet and ended up using the same strips I have in my safe. They would come on at random, and would not come on when I wanted them to.9
View Quote

I have not had those issues with these lights.

These aren't rechargeable however. 4 AA batteries.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:41:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1iviper] [#9]
i used 2 of these kits in my safes and they're pretty awesome , made in the usa also

light my safe

edit to add --- they're on sale at the moment
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 9:32:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
i used 2 of these kits in my safes and they're pretty awesome , made in the usa also

light my safe

View Quote

Are you sure about that? Read between the lines on that statement.

However, those seem nice. I like the AA powered so no need to run wires into the safe.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 10:07:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#11]
I use these and haven’t had any issues. I have to charge them maybe every month or two, which doesn’t take long. They’re actually on sale too. They’re magnetic but also come adhesive plates that will stick to liners.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFLLBWJ2?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I like the light kits from gun storage solutions. They're versatile and can be applied with velcro or adhesive.
Safe Lights
I met them at the Great American Outdoor show in Harrisburg. They're just genuinely nice people with some pretty interesting products. They also run sales frequently and give military and first reponder discounts.
Discount codes
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 1:29:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Are you sure about that? Read between the lines on that statement.

However, those seem nice. I like the AA powered so no need to run wires into the safe.
View Quote
i understand the led's themselves can come from non us sources but the lights are built in the usa
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#14]
This is the led kit that I have been using. Has worked great.

I installed using Velcro on the leds to stick to the carpet interior. Used a small piece of Velcro every 6 inches or so on the LEDs.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R9KC5HG?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
I buy LED light strips on Amazon .  I keep 12-14V computer power supplies in my junk bin for such things.  The light strips can be glued anywhere using a hot glue gun.  This is where a cordless glue gun (ryobi) is priceless. There is a remote on top for a Christmas light controller to turn them on and off.  Newer controller remotes have a CR2032 batt in them.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41996/IMG_3929_JPG-3005928.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41996/IMG_3931_JPG-3005929.jpg
View Quote

@wildearp - sorry to sidetrack here, but are those ARs hanging from hooks from the upper shelf?  If so how is that done?  Curious as I haven't found a good way to manage SBRs in my safe.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 4:09:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#16]
Originally Posted By captexas:

@wildearp - sorry to sidetrack here, but are those ARs hanging from hooks from the upper shelf?  If so how is that done?  Curious as I haven't found a good way to manage SBRs in my safe.
View Quote
Coffee cup hooks.  Some hooks are slightly heavier, but all of them will support an AR15 if your shelf is made of 3/4" plywood and if you don't own a Midcap approved AR.   You can use paracord too make a loop for your stock if needed. Some stocks have a keyring on them. I have a second safe now, so things aren't so busy inside anymore. @captexas

The pistol holder racks are wire plate racks from Wally.

I have the same type lights installed on my patio beams.  Same method, hot glue on painted rough cut lumber.  That will make those strips stick to anything.  They are in my second safe, in a hall closet, and under my bar too.  You can use any 12V DC output power supply, but you need to pay attention to current draw/wattage so you don't overheat the transformer. Amazon has a dimmer too, if they are too bright.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#18]
I also have the rechargeable led motion lights in my safe, no issues over the last 4 years.

I also use them on the steps and bathrooms in my house when the power goes out.

The owner of my company ( retired ) is a scout leader and he bought a few that take aaa batteries and brings them along on scout trips and puts them in the porta johns. He started this after a few kids dropped their phones in the porta john.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MarkBinSC:
This is the led kit that I have been using. Has worked great.

I installed using Velcro on the leds to stick to the carpet interior. Used a small piece of Velcro every 6 inches or so on the LEDs.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R9KC5HG?tag=arfcom00-20
View Quote

THIS !!
Did 100% the same thing. Motion works great and adjustable. Velro here and there. Makes it so much easier to see in side the safe.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 12:21:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: QtrHorse] [#20]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:

light my safe

View Quote

I worked in the LED industry for years.  I don’t know of any actual LED’s that are produced in the US and the majority of the “budget” LED lights/ fixtures have all the parts manufactured outside the US.  Anytime you have US made or even assembled LED’s strips/ bulbs or fixtures, they are high dollar.  Maybe they slap stickers on them here and or box them.  For those prices, none of that is made in the US and I highly doubt it was even partially assembled.

Not a big deal but most of the US made statements are BS.  My favorite is when things are made from aluminum and they say, sourced in the US.  It was only sourced because a company imported the aluminum from Asia and sold it here in the US.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By jbhess83:
I like the light kits from gun storage solutions. They're versatile and can be applied with velcro or adhesive.
Safe Lights
I met them at the Great American Outdoor show in Harrisburg. They're just genuinely nice people with some pretty interesting products. They also run sales frequently and give military and first reponder discounts.
Discount codes
View Quote

I'll 2nd these lights.  You can buy additional strands to make it as long as you need, they are bright & I really like the on/off switch.  I have the Liberty 5-light kit & love it as well but it doesn't light things up in the back of the safe as much as I wanted so I bought these & added them to the bottom of both shelves & it really made a difference.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:33:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I really like your lights. But I don’t see a light kit from Liberty on their website, when did you buy yours? Is it Liberty brand?
Your safe looks good.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Rmmiller1985:
I really like your lights. But I don’t see a light kit from Liberty on their website, when did you buy yours? Is it Liberty brand?
Your safe looks good.
View Quote

https://www.libertysafe.com/collections/accessories/products/clearview-electrical-led-wand-light-kit

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#26]
We  have these from Liberty in  2 X big Gunsafes along with Dehumidifier things.
The lights work great.

We liked them so much, we Daisy  Chained them all along  the inside of the Pantry  Door Frame  -  amazing difference to have bright light there.  ms gamboolgal loves them.  

We then  installed  them  all under  the kitchen cabinets and  Bar.  Same  thing - they work  great.

Since they are all Motion Activated the lights just  come on.

They have been installed for years.  No problems.

Do recommend.

" />
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#27]
If you have an electrical outlet inside the safe, I highly recommend the AMSEC LED alight bar kit. Comes with two light bars and is VERY bright.

https://www.deansafe.com/products/amc-hiwl120-light-kit

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I’ll buy some for my safe.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By intheburbs:

@Rmmiller1985

Here's the same thing on Amazon for half the price, probably made the same place.  I've had it in my Fatboy for 5 years, no issues.

www.amazon.com/dp/B01FDAFC3Q

View Quote

I use the Torchstar from Amazon also. Been about 5 years now the lights come on everytime I open it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top