Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2020 4:42:33 PM EDT
Long story short, got into reloading (well trying to). Bought a new turret press but came across an older guy cleaning out his stuff.  Long story short, I picked up 3 different presses, a lyman beam scale, disc powder measure, a bunch of random small parts and dies for $75.  The other presses are lee value turrets. I believe this is a 1000? But I would love confirmatiom before I start chasing down parts (i do think its missing a few)

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

The top of the press looks like that, but the bottom is auto indexing and it has the shell ramp. Im somewhat at a loss with it
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a similar Lee Pro1000 that is set up as my dedicated 9mm press. Its a decent enough press and has loaded a ton of ammo over the last 20 years or so. I set mine up to charge the case, seat the bullet, and crimp in the last die. All else is done off-press. Put it work OP.

I see now where the bottom plate is threaded on and the center shaft is spiraled. That makes it an auto-indexing  press. Lots of dies and parts for it are available from Lee. Yeah they make lesser priced products but MOST of them just flat out work without all the frills.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a similar Lee Pro1000 that is set up as my dedicated 9mm press. Its a decent enough press and has loaded a ton of ammo over the last 20 years or so. I set mine up to charge the case, seat the bullet, and crimp in the last die. All else is done off-press. Put it work OP.
View Quote
@44-40pro
Auto indexing or not?
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The top of the press looks like that, but the bottom is auto indexing and it has the shell ramp. Im somewhat at a loss with it
View Quote

It seems Lee used to offer the auto indexing upgrade before the new 4 hole conversion.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@44-40pro
Auto indexing or not?
View Quote

It is auto-indexing. Mine came from Lee as an auto-indexing press.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#7]
All signs point me to agree with that.  The guy was older, and used to load "back in the day". I have no doubt about its age.  But all three presses are free of rust and i figured for $75 for all three with a lyman scale and a box of random crap I couldnt go wrong. The other two presses are 100% lee 3 hole turrets (and in similar if not better condition).  I know its not a dillon, but i also know people load thousands of rounds on these things as well.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#8]

You did well!
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Digging through the rest of the box.  Looks like pieces for a case feeder?  Think i scored big time! Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Digging through the rest of the box.  Looks like pieces for a case feeder?  Think i scored big time! https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/488433/20200915_182459_jpg-1593246.JPG
View Quote

Doohickey on the left is part of a case feeder. Dont know about the other one. You scored well for $75 OP.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 1:28:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Lee pro 1000 if u need parts pm me I may have them, I have a stash of stuff for them.

https://leeprecision.com/instructions.html

Scroll all the way to bottom yours is a pre 2012

Most parts are available but will be getting slim with the new releaseed pro1000
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lee pro 1000 if u need parts pm me I may have them, I have a stash of stuff for them.

https://leeprecision.com/instructions.html

Scroll all the way to bottom yours is a pre 2012

Most parts are available but will be getting slim with the new releaseed pro1000
View Quote

Will do sir thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#13]
pretty sure that’s an old LEE PRO 1000

worst press i ever owned

threw mine in the garbage about 22 years ago

....just stating that as a warning, they are cantankerous

Link Posted: 9/16/2020 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#14]
The Lee Pro 1000 you have pictured will crank out pistol rounds just fine. It was my first press that I learned to reload on.

If you're going to use the lee

Tips:

1) Once primer chute has 15 or less primer in it, it will begin to jam. The primers are gravity fed and rely on the weight of the primers to feed. Keep your primer hopper full and it will work like a charm.

2) Buy the lee rotary drum. Don't mess with the older plate/ disk version , they are garbage. The drum works extremely well.

3) keep it clean and it should work like a charm.

I have mine dedicated as a .357 / .38 now that I have a Dillon

Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
pretty sure that’s an old LEE PRO 1000

worst press i ever owned

threw mine in the garbage about 22 years ago

....just stating that as a warning, they are cantankerous

View Quote

I have been waiting for the day that someone I hate needs a pistol press.
Then they will get a great deal on mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top