Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2018 2:34:46 AM EDT
I gave in this week and finally bought a CZ Scorpion. I had planned to have it host the Blackhawk MiniBoss I bought & paid for but Arms Unlimited screwed me over on that and can't fulfill my order.

I have a TiRant 9M that should be getting out of jail any day now. Would that be a good option on the scorpion? The Omega 9k at 4.7" was pretty appealing. The 9M in short config is 2+ inches longer at 7". Any other good cans out there closer to the length of the 9k?  Or will the 2" not really matter?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m running a Ti-Rant on mine.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 6:01:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a Thompson Machine SG-2 and have a Wolf9 on F4
I have used a Tirant in the past

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:26:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Omega 9K seems like a good fit.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
This!  I have an Omega 9K in jail and I've shot it on both a 9mm and a Rattler!  Sounds great!

I also just bought a DA Wolf as well.  It was too good of a deal to pass up.

One will end up dedicated to my Scorpion and the other will probably be used on my 9" AAC MPW 300 blackout.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
I am waiting for my wolf 9SD. Going to use it on a scorpion and mp5.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I think we can be friends

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Currently using my Octane 45HD.

I'm afraid that if I buy an Omega 9K or Wolf then my Octane will be an orphan can with nothing to put it on.

I do have a Ghost 45M too but I think I'll leave it for the pistols since it's shorter.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Currently using my Octane 45HD.

I'm afraid that if I buy an Omega 9K or Wolf then my Octane will be an orphan can with nothing to put it on.

I do have a Ghost 45M too but I think I'll leave it for the pistols since it's shorter.
View Quote
I have an Octane 45HD as well...  It gets shared between my Scorpion and a few Glocks...

Your Orphan concern, That just gives you excuse or reason to by another gun...
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Obsidian 9 in the short

Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Omega 9K and Obsidian Short work well.  Direct thread looks much better than 3-Lug.

Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Tirant 9s, similar to the 9m in the short configuration, and an Omega 9k. I prefer the 9k. Sorry the video is indoors, but the 9k is about 5 months in on NFA jail time.

https://youtu.be/CIKyGRnCZiA
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a Tirant 9s, similar to the 9m in the short configuration, and an Omega 9k. I prefer the 9k. Sorry the video is indoors, but the 9k is about 5 months in on NFA jail time.

https://youtu.be/CIKyGRnCZiA
View Quote
Can you elaborate? Prefer it how/why? Is the volume noticeable?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#14]
well, I had a feeling the 9k was the way to go. In looking at it, the Wolf is pretty tempting too. Makes it sting even worse that AU morons couldn't deliver my MiniBoss 9k clone for $350. Guess I'll save up a bit and keep a look out for the Wolf or 9k having a deal.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Go back and look at the last post from AU in the BH thread...
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, the way I read it, they have your can if you want it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quoted:

Yeah, the way I read it, they have your can if you want it.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up. I had ignored the thread after they were so unresponsive yesterday. I've contacted them and we'll see what they do...
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#18]
ill throw another new option out there, but the info is pretty limited.

-Mike
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Omega 9K. Love mine.

Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:Can you elaborate? Prefer it how/why? Is the volume noticeable?
View Quote
Yes, the performance difference seems much more than the size difference. You have both too, don't you? What are your thoughts? I've only used mine indoors
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 1:31:52 AM EDT
[#21]
I use a GM-9:
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 4:47:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Rugged Obsidian 9.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#23]
There are so many great choices in 9mm right now.  You really can't go wrong with any.  A lot of it depends on what you want.

I recommend the Wolf-9SD.  Here's what it has to offer:

In the short configuration, It'll be the shortest of all those I've seen listed here.  Granted, because it's so short, it'll be be a tad louder.  It'll still be very pleasant to shoot.  Performance with the direct-thread mount on the CZ will be very close to the Omega 9K. You're looking at about 4.5" long--depending on mount.  In the long configuration, it'll be the quietest of all the cans listed.  This is what the thing was designed for.

Additionally, it'll run 300BLK supers if you want.  It'll sound fantastic doing it as well.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Octane 9 on mine.   Old tech, but zero issues and no complaints.  Sounds great with subs and my G19 runs well with it as an added bonus.

Ugly i-potato pic.

Link Posted: 5/17/2018 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I’m running a Ti-Rant on mine.
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Does anyone know if the Wolf 9SD will fit inside the HBI hand guard?  I have an In Lead We Trust K barreled Scorpion pistol with the mid length hand guard.  Thanks

Edit:  I just checked

HBI's website:  Clearance for 1.57" OD Suppressors
Dead Air Wolf 9SD diameter:  1.618"

It will be the SiCo Omega 9K on the Scorpion and I'll use the Wolf 9SD on my 300.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the Wolf 9SD will fit inside the HBI hand guard?  I have an In Lead We Trust K barreled Scorpion pistol with the mid length hand guard.  Thanks

Edit:  I just checked

HBI's website:  Clearance for 1.57" OD Suppressors
Dead Air Wolf 9SD diameter:  1.618"

It will be the SiCo Omega 9K on the Scorpion and I'll use the Wolf 9SD on my 300.  
View Quote
I think the wolf may fit the HBI forend. I have the evo flash can sbr above and got an obsidian 9 for it which is great for handguns and long guns which is what I use it for. I initially wanted a wolf as a dedicated can for the evo. My concern was the carbine handguard ID, CZ says it’s 1.55”. A shipment of cans just came in the other day and a wolf was in the mix. I was curious to see if it would fit under the factory handguard and by luck it does! Granted there’s like 1 mm of space between the can and handguard which renders the mlok slots forward the muzzle useless w the can on. But it did fit and now I think I may need to get the wolf also.

I believe the HBI handguard should fit if the factory carbine handguard is slightly smaller in ID.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:17:20 PM EDT
[#28]
The faux can on mine is a No-Octane.  (Love that!)  So, eventually I'd like to replace it with an Octane.  Mine is the carbine, and to keep the right look, I'll have to SBR it as well.  Such is life...
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Looking at all these cool pictures of your SBR and pistol Scorpions makes me want one so bad just to have an excuse to get myself a sub gun can.  Thanks alot guys. I really have been tempted at times to get the ball rolling on a DA Wolf.  These types of threads are no help lol.

Seriously you guys have some sweet looking setups.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#30]
I vote for TiRant as well.  Love mine!

Link Posted: 5/19/2018 2:03:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Well, I had planned to get out to range this weekend with the 9M that I'm picking up this weekend (45M is still in process). Then in looking at my pistons and adapters I realized I bought the 45M fixed barrel spacer.  Can't seem to find the 9M spacer in stock anywhere so may have to wait a bit to use a can on the Scorpion.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#32]
I've been very happy with the Omega 9k on my Scorpion Evo and with 9mm subs the only sound is the bolt smack.  Out of my supperssor/gun combos it's one of my favorites to shoot.

Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#33]
I have a Rugged Obsidian coming for mine, gives me the full and shorty option for it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#34]
well, arms unlimited had lied to me and they never had the 'replacement' can they said they did. Took them a week to come clean. What a bunch of lying idiots.

Anyways, my TiRant45M cleared and I'll be picking it up this weekend. I think I'll give that a try and see if I feel a strong need to spend what would be the cost of another Scorpion to get another pistol suppressor (including sales tax & NFA stamp).
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#35]
OK, here's the Scorpion with my TiRant 9M in its long configuration (haven't gotten the 45M yet but Hansohn Bros hooked me up with the 9M fixed barrel adapter). As you can see, the short config will be just in front of the carbine handguard. Can't get to range until at least Monday so no reports yet. Even with this on there I am very tempted by the Wolf. I did notice it is 0.2" larger diameter than the 9M so I need to double check that it will fit within the handguard.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top