Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2024 11:57:02 AM EDT
Looking for 9mm blowback pic can. Preferably hub compatible that ideally could work on a Glock if mounts are switched out, but that isn’t complete necessary.

Yhm r9 and Rex mg7 are currently what I’m looking at the most based on price and reputation.

Any others that stick out?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:02:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#1]
MG7k .458 or Bushwhacker .46 (which I don’t yet have)  are what I was going to suggest. In my limited experience, its a blowback sensitive host. I’d be curious to know what the bolt assembly weighs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The blowback on mine was unpleasant so I haven’t shot it for long time.  

The Mojave 9 is supposed to be a low back pressure can so that might be a good one. Mine just got approved so haven’t had a chance to try it yet.  

A flow through can like the Rad 9/45 is another option. I haven’t been impressed with either of mine because they seem louder than my other cans so get little use.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
MG7K would definitely work, as would the Wolfman. I run the Wolfman on an AP5 and love it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:51:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wiskey_33] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
MG7K would definitely work, as would the Wolfman. I run the Wolfman on an AP5 and love it.
View Quote

I have both. Though it’s a MODX 458 in short configuration. Haven’t had a chance to shoot it next to my Wolfman yet but they’re both quiet.

Both are great on my AP5, AP5P, KP9, APC9K, Uzi with tri lug.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:59:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Shaggs-] [#5]
I run a Wolfman on my AK-V. Works just fine for my liking. Swap out the key-micro adapter for the booster module and it runs on my Glock's too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:26:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By arndog123:

The Mojave 9 is supposed to be a low back pressure can so that might be a good one. Mine just got approved so haven’t had a chance to try it yet.  

A flow through can like the Rad 9/45 is another option. I haven’t been impressed with either of mine because they seem louder than my other cans so get little use.
View Quote

@arndog123
Which host and ammo did you shoot through the Rad 9?  I recently got to compare one to some top cans, and I thought it was phenomenal!  Definitely quieter than an Obsidian.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:51:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By emccracken:

@arndog123
Which host and ammo did you shoot through the Rad 9?  I recently got to compare one to some top cans, and I thought it was phenomenal!  Definitely quieter than an Obsidian.
View Quote

It was through my MP5's using 165 gr Hush and 150 gr Syntech.  I recall it was noticeably louder when using a 3 lug mount compared to direct threading.  I think I was comparing it to either my Obsidian 9 or Mod 9.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:12:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#8]
I've used my Wolfman and my CGS Kraken with mine, shooting 158gr Fiocchi and PPU exclusively. The Kraken has a lot of blowback and is loud from ejection port pop. The Wolfman in short mode is much better. That's what I have used mostly. You definitely want to prioritize low back pressure over muzzle dB with these guns.

I just got my EA Sonus delivered last week and took a quick picture. I haven't tried it yet, but it sure looks good.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

If you ever get the urge to compare on a blowback PCC the Hux Rad 9 to newer cans like the Mojave, I’d love to hear your opinion. I’m a little surprised Hux hasn’t released a PCC-specific can.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:

If you ever get the urge to compare on a blowback PCC the Hux Rad 9 to newer cans like the Mojave, I’d love to hear your opinion. I’m a little surprised Hux hasn’t released a PCC-specific can.
View Quote

If I don’t forget I’ll try to do that comparison in the future.   Right now I’m trying to decide what hosts I’ll be using this coming weekend on a handful of cans that were recently batched approved.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#11]

If I don’t forget I’ll try to do that comparison in the future.   Right now I’m trying to decide what hosts I’ll be using this coming weekend on a handful of cans that were recently batched approved.  
View Quote
I saw that. You’ve got quite the collection of new cans.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
MG7k .458 or Bushwhacker .46 (which I don’t yet have)  are what I was going to suggest. In my limited experience, its a blowback sensitive host. I’d be curious to know what the bolt assembly weighs.
View Quote

Are you suggesting the over bore can to help mitigate backpressure?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By hodgescl:

Are you suggesting the over bore can to help mitigate backpressure?
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I use a Wolfman on my KR9 SBR with excellent results.  Wouldn't recommend it for your handguns though due to girth.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Got the Rex 458. We’ll see how that does. Luckily I have a large red dot on my pistol so the thickness won’t be a huge issue if I try it on that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top