Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2018 1:00:36 AM EDT
I remember 5 years in a row getting my face camo'ed for halloween as a kid by my dad using his concoction of military tube faceprint mixed in his palm with military bug dope.  Then my mom would scrub that shit out of my ears after I got all my candy.

So....are the military tubes of facepaint the best thing going or is there some other whiz-bang stuff that has been invented in the last 30 years that is a lot better?
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 2:31:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what you're doing...

The make up kit style ones clean off super easy compared to the old tube stuff.
The tube stuff has a lot longer duration.

I think a lot of the mystique of cammie paint has worn off due to the last decade of combat. Maybe if we ever go to war on foot in the jungle again it'll come back.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:21:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I remember 5 years in a row getting my face camo'ed for halloween as a kid by my dad using his concoction of military tube faceprint mixed in his palm with military bug dope.  Then my mom would scrub that shit out of my ears after I got all my candy.

So....are the military tubes of facepaint the best thing going or is there some other whiz-bang stuff that has been invented in the last 30 years that is a lot better?
View Quote
You going trick or treating again OP?

The tubes have always worked, I have a few compact types as well, they have a mirror so I can look my prettiest
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes.  I figure that trick or treating is still the cheapest way to get free candy.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Use camo compacts, followed by makeup remover wipes, for half-day use or less. Tubes for longer.
It's not gay.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:01:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Or you can just avoid face paint altogether. There are better ways of being sneaky.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or you can just avoid face paint altogether. There are better ways of being sneaky.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13082/D7D640EC-D979-49E7-9DBC-8DC883265AE8-575673.JPG
View Quote
Yep. I still have stains in my boonie from school, but never ever put it on again.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Soon, the youngsters just won't appreciate this:
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/FVKUZ.gif
View Quote
Love that movie
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/FVKUZ.gif
View Quote
LOL.  There was a "dark green" Marine in my TBS class, like Wesley Snipes dark, and during field exercises, sometimes the instructors would get on him about lack of face paint.  So he would just take some green and wipe it across his face in exasperation.  Pretty hilarious looking back.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#11]
We used to use the sticks and a bic lighter to get them to apply easier.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#13]

See this... this is what happens when you put and Infantry office in command of an Armor BN.... These dumb fucks made us wear camo  paint for two weeks in the field.....
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#14]
The squeeze tube are the easier for your application.

There are other options that take more effort to apply and come off less.

If you want that look for something along the lines of "army face paint stick loam" goes on easier if you heat it up with a lighter first.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/scLtWjq.jpg

See this... this is what happens when you put and Infantry office in command of an Armor BN.... These dumb fucks made us wear camo  paint for two weeks in the field.....
View Quote
I spent two of my eight years assigned to an FA BN S-2 shop. When we went to the field, we still had to wear camo paint, even though we were sitting inside a TOC made up of a few Humvees backed up to each other, with a couple tents spread between them with a giant camo net over the top and a bunch of OE-254's all around, never mind the other trucks and camo nets spread all over the place (or the load ass generators running 24/7). Yeah, I don't think the lack of dark green and loam makeup on my face is what's going to give away the TOC's location.

I spent 8 years training for war wearing makeup every time I went to the field or even during SGT's Time training. Then, when I did go to war, nobody wore it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:02:50 AM EDT
[#16]
There is a chalk-based camo paint sold on amazon that will guarantee that you’ll never wear any other type. It is so good there’s no comparison. Comes off instantly when you want it to. Easy to apply and lasts as long or longer than any other type I’ve tried. Can’t remember the name of it.

....found it. CARBOMASK.
Top Top