Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2021 10:04:36 AM EDT
For a fun gun/range toy, maybe a backup HD weapon/wife’s HD weapon.

Probably SBR later, I’ve talked myself out of an AK pistol but I’m looking for something fun. I don’t want an AR9 want something new. What’s the hive think
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both, and both are great guns.  Personally, I would get the KP9 but that is because a Vityaz is my grail gun.  If I didnt care about the Vityaz, I would get the scorpion.  I think it is the slightly better gun with the bolt hold open feature, and mags are much cheaper and plentiful.  I feel the KP9 is a bit better (not much) in terms of felt recoil, but that is just me.  Cant go wrong with either!
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at the PSA AK-V. Uses more available (and cheaper) Scorpion mags and has a bolt hold open, but otherwise is basically a knockoff of the KP-9.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:11:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Get the PSA AK-V, unless you're dead set on a true Vityaz clone. It's cheaper and mags are cheaper with more options. The one thing the 9mm AK's have going for them is if you ever get a kaboom the gun will survive , the EVO will be destroyed. Rare to happen, but worth noting.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Scorpion, EVO3, KP-9, Ruger PC Charger, and now an AR-V I just assembled from their Essential build kit (bolt, upper/lower).  

CZ and KP-9 are true clones of accomplished military weapons. It shows. Scorpion is crazy modular and easy to take apart. KP-9 fit and finish are top notch.  Kalish decided to ship their guns without notch in safety to lock bolt back and want something like $40 for "correct" one.  They also price their mags stupidly high.  

Cheap, Vityaz mags can easily be found from Russia for $20-$25 and run great in my KP-9.

Shot all three a lot yesterday (left Ruger at home).  AR-V is just plain fun and super light with 5.5" barrel.  If I had to choose just one of the three, I'd be hard pressed to make a decision.  Just get all three, or four.  LOL!!!

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The CZ is a factory built import gun, so that alone is enough reason to get it IMO. However in terms of shooting experience the KP and CZ are very similar. There is absolutely no reason to buy the PSA unless you are on a budget or are looking for a beater gun and care about nothing but function. I would get the CZ first since it may be banned from import.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My KR9 shoots 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards with good SD ammo, about half the size I was getting with my Scorpion and Zenith MP5. The Scorpion is cheaper and still a lot of fun suppressed but to me the KR-9 is a different class of weapon. Fit and finish is top notch, the trigger is better out of the box and it's a nicer gun overall

KR9 mags are more expensive but how many do you need? I'm not going to war with my KR9, at least I hope not

After I got my KR dialed in I sold the scorpion and the MP5. Neither one of them did it for me after that

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#7]
KP-9...and because of the bolt design they wont detonate OOB unlike the Scorpion.

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I only have experience with a Scorpion.  I love it.  It is a riot to shoot.  My wife decided it was her gun now as she prefers it to my AR's.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KP-9...and because of the bolt design they wont detonate OOB unlike the Scorpion.

https://i.imgur.com/t3QpQe0.jpg
View Quote

Is that an MP5 mag in your KP-9?  How does that work?  Any info?
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is that an MP5 mag in your KP-9?  How does that work?  Any info?
View Quote

Yes its and MP-5 mag. It works great! It requires a few different mods so it not something I would recommend trying unless you know exactly what you are doing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I know most don’t care, but is it possible to make the KP9 922R compliant?
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I know most don’t care, but is it possible to make the KP9 922R compliant?
View Quote

The KP-9 is US made.  922r only applies to imports.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top