Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2018 6:55:04 PM EDT
Has anyone replaced the factory irons on their Scorp?

I think they are a little too low for me....
I have contemplated replacing them with Magpul MBUS.

Thoughts, ideas?....
Been there, done that??

Please let me know.
Thx,
CG
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not;

But I am guessing if you like to read you might find it discussed in the big thread.  I would also recommend you post your question in that thread as it is generally pretty active.

Big CZ Scorpion thread over 200 pages
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I had my GS put risers under them to co witness with my MRO.  I agree they are too low.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I understand the Troy micro sights supposedly work well with the Scorpion.
I got rid of my original sights as well and just run a Holosun red dot on mine. However if I see some Troy micros on the EE for a reasonable price I’ll probably pick them up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I understand the Troy micro sights supposedly work well with the Scorpion.
I got rid of my original sights as well and just run a Holosun red dot on mine. However if I see some Troy micros on the EE for a reasonable price I’ll probably pick them up.
View Quote
Picked up a set last night for cheap. I think there is also a set of tritium micros floating. Will see how they setup
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Tried the Troy Micros and sent them back.

Using an MRO with ADM low mount, wanted sights a tad higher.   This did not work, but my issue was more so the Troy bases are wide.

Front sight goes right by the charging handles and interfered with a clean pull.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tried the Troy Micros and sent them back.

Using an MRO with ADM low mount, wanted sights a tad higher.   This did not work, but my issue was more so the Troy bases are wide.

Front sight goes right by the charging handles and interfered with a clean pull.
View Quote
Ah.
I have a MI flat faced handguard on mine so it would be a non issue.

Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Anybody wanna sell their Scorpion factory front/rear sights?  Would like to put them on MPX that i can drop the line on rear stock on.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anybody wanna sell their Scorpion factory front/rear sights?  Would like to put them on MPX that i can drop the line on rear stock on.
View Quote
Check the EE.  I bought a new set for $40 shipped.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
IM sent.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I run the fab defense polymer flip ups on my Evo that co-witness with my red dot on a medium riser. I think they were a little cheaper than the magpul MBUS. The FDs are also a little smaller profile than the MBUS.

I like the FD front sight as it doesn't need a tool, just has a thumbwheel. But the magpul does use a std. front post which can be swapped with an aftermarket post like a KNS crosshair. Biggest difference is the FDs aren't spring loaded, they just have a friction lock. So while it's fun to 'POP' the magpuls up, the FDs are quiet, and if dropped, would probably fold before breaking, and can't be 'accidentally' deployed.

I also have a set of Troy flip ups with the DOA rear sight, hands down my favorite but pricey for back up sights. They're on my SHTF rifle which I mainly run irons but wanted flip ups for a compact scope on a QD mount.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I use a Zhukov stock on my Scorpion which has a higher comb than the standard CZ stock, so the factory CZ sights sat way too low. I replaced them with HK 416 sights from RTG Gun parts which are higher than the CZ sights but not as high as standard AR15 sight (which were way to high for me). The HK sights are perfect.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Troy Micros on mine. Cowitnesses nicely with an RMR on an ADM mount.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Took them off mine and put a T1 on it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:21:37 AM EDT
[#14]
T-1 in a Scalarworks absolute cowitness mount and Magpul Pro offset sights. They work perfectly on this.

Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I like the stock sights when used with the SB "PDW" Brace. I did have to bottom out the front sight post to align POA to POI at 25 yards though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
T-1 in a Scalarworks absolute cowitness mount and Magpul Pro offset sights. They work perfectly on this.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-DtBStVm/0/76c72656/X2/i-DtBStVm-X2.jpg
View Quote
What zero distance do you use?   I am not sure I would want my sights that high over the barrel with a relatively short range carbine
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What zero distance do you use?   I am not sure I would want my sights that high over the barrel with a relatively short range carbine
View Quote
25 yards with a 124 grain bullet. Sighting in was easy and quick. I've got an easy 1k through it this way without issue.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

25 yards with a 124 grain bullet. Sighting in was easy and quick. I've got an easy 1k through it this way without issue.
View Quote
Is it reliable with the stock folded closed?

Thank you for the info.  I am considering a new stock.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Is it reliable with the stock folded closed?

Thank you for the info.  I am considering a new stock.
View Quote
Honestly couldn't say.  I never fired it that way, and this is definitely not my "go to" firearm in case of emergency.  I bought the Magpul stock mostly because it works so well with the adapter and I love the solid feel of this stock.  I do carry it (folded) in a small bag at times when I go to the range, but I never tried to fire it that way.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Thank you.

It does look very cool.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Hoping this helps you see this the way I do when I'm shooting...note in the previous pic that I do have a small cheek extension on the top of the stock.  One of the Magpul AR stock accessories is a direct fit for the Zhukov if I recall correctly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top