Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 194 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:
Real suppressor
View Quote
The new CZ integral scorpion suppressor would be even better
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:
This or muzzle device. Fake suppressors look cool but are just silly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Real suppressor
I’ll put a real suppressor on that new K version but was thinking carbine to be USPSA legal. Although the Evo is cool is considered low on the list for competitive PCC guns.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:11:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LS1POWERED] [#3]
Anyone know what parts I would need to make my factory folder evo SBR look like this?  What rail and where to get a barrel that short?  My god its sexy.

Edit using my SiCo Octain K not the CZ can shown.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TheNuge:
I’ll put a real suppressor on that new K version but was thinking carbine to be USPSA legal. Although the Evo is cool is considered low on the list for competitive PCC guns.
View All Quotes
Real suppressor
Ah. Yep, I have a close friend that shoots the carbine in matches and I am considering shooting my Scorpion sbr this coming year.
imo, I would still go with the brake.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Ah. Yep, I have a close friend that shoots the carbine in matches and I am considering shooting my Scorpion sbr this coming year.
View All Quotes
Real suppressor
Makes sense. Holy crap, how are these things 7lbs!? They are plastic. That’s more than most 16” ARs lol.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Makes sense. Holy crap, how are these things 7lbs!? They are plastic. That’s more than most 16” ARs lol.
View All Quotes
Real suppressor
lol. I hear you, the weight is really no issue and I think it helps me to stay on target with follow up shots co-witnessing through an Aimpoint. The accuracy
is incredible.
Just get it, you wont regret no matter what you decide.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
What can is everyone running?  I am looking at the dead airwolf. But it won't fit under the carbine handguard if i decide to put one on  
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:31:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tifosi] [#8]
Originally Posted By LS1POWERED:
Anyone know what parts I would need to make my factory folder evo SBR look like this?  What rail and where to get a barrel that short?  My god its sexy.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/251706/15169128103731516912804575312555032-431177.JPG
View Quote
It's an HB Industries forearm, a 4.12" Barrel and the new CZ S2 Suppressor.

I'm doing mine similar, except using the slanted HB Pistol forearm (Not the straight cut one as pictured) and having ADCO shorten my factory barrel to 5.5".
Not sure when I'll be able to get the can. I'll order one as soon as they are in distribution.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
What can is everyone running?  I am looking at the dead airwolf. But it won't fit under the carbine handguard if i decide to put one on  
View Quote
HBI handguard option. Will also free float it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:40:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#10]

HBI handguard option. Will also free float it.
View Quote
Still won't fit. Only handguard that fits the 1.618" diameter wolf can is the midwest handguard

But that wolf is exactly what I want.  SUPER quiet in full length and omega K like quiet in the short config.

Link Posted: 1/25/2018 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tifosi:

I'm doing mine similar, except using the slanted HB Pistol forearm (Not the straight cut one as pictured) and having ADCO shorten my factory barrel to 5.5".
Not sure when I'll be able to get the can. I'll order one as soon as they are in distribution.
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/251706/15169128103731516912804575312555032-431177.JPG

Any reason you are going with a 5.5" barrel over the 4.1"?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm contemplating a B&T can, but I'd like to see some real world comparison.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 8:39:58 AM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes

Because it's easier to go shorter than it is to go longer. I've measured and remeasured, and that seems to put everything where I want it.
But leaves a little room to go shorter if I feel it's needed. That's the only reason.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Still won't fit. Only handguard that fits the 1.618" diameter wolf can is the midwest handguard

But that wolf is exactly what I want.  SUPER quiet in full length and omega K like quiet in the short config.

https://deadairsilencers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/wolf.jpg
https://deadairsilencers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/IMG_2532.jpg
View Quote
Midwest extrusion is identical to HBi, which will actually fit 1.62".
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Well I’m on the hunt for a carbine with the brake today. Will check my local place but don’t know how old some of their inventory is and want to make sure I have the updated threads and all that.

Cabelas has them but I think they sell them for a grand.

Tombstone Tactical has them for under $900 and I’ve always had good experiences with them so will probably just order.

Midwest Industries full rail, HBI springs and trigger, some type of updated safety, and a yeti works grip and should be sweet.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#16]

https://deadairsilencers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/wolf.jpg
https://deadairsilencers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/IMG_2532.jpg
View Quote
I'm real excited for mine. It should ship to my SOT in Feb
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 12:25:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daddytallguy] [#17]

View Quote
My K scorpion weighs 8 pounds 3 oz fully loaded: BF padded sling, optic and mount, 30 rounds of 147 hst, light, pressure switch and mount, suppressor, vertical grip, stock

30 rounds of 147 hst in an OEM magazine: 1 pound 3 oz
Rugged Obsidian 45: 10.5 ounces

Without a magazine or suppressor: roughly 6 pounds and 5 ounces (loaded with stock, vertical grip, optic and mount, light, switch, mount, sling)

Easily mid 5lb range if you want to strip it down without any accessories.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Did anyone have an issue with the replacement trigger pack not fitting the receiver?  The world trigger pack that I have has a nub on the back that fits underneath the roll pin where the grip attaches, but the new pack that CZ sent doesn't have the nub it has a much larger piece on the back that is blocked from going into the receiver by the roll pin.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By blip864:
Did anyone have an issue with the replacement trigger pack not fitting the receiver?  The world trigger pack that I have has a nub on the back that fits underneath the roll pin where the grip attaches, but the new pack that CZ sent doesn't have the nub it has a much larger piece on the back that is blocked from going into the receiver by the roll pin.
View Quote
You have to remove the pin. The new pack requires it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks! I was planning using a dremel to take some of the bump off, but ill just take the pin. Much easier
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By blip864:
Thanks! I was planning using a dremel to take some of the bump off, but ill just take the pin. Much easier
View Quote
No prob! Put the dremel down and back away...LOL! No need for it here.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
For comparison purposes this is an Octane 45 (8.5”) with barrel cut down to 3.5” & HBI 6.84” flat hand guard. So total barrel + can = 12”. The omega k 9 is only 4.7” so with my barrel length it would stick out if the handguard about  half an inch. I almost bought an omega k 9 after chopping my barrel down & think that would be an awesome setup but am holding off on any more cans for a while.

I have quite a few rounds through the chopped barrel and am quite happy with it. I was nervous about going that short but said f it & went with it. Happy I did. Buhler Ballistics was recommended to me by HBI, very quick turnaround and did a great job at a price tough to beat.

Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:41:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By kjmahoney121:
Anyone check out the "S2" version that CZ listed on their website?

Scorpion Evo 3 S2
View Quote
Has anyone seen one of these in the wild yet? I've got about a grand to spend on a new firearm and I was going to go scorpion with a tail hook, but I think I'm going to hold out for one of these micros if they're available soon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Rincon_11:

Has anyone seen one of these in the wild yet? I've got about a grand to spend on a new firearm and I was going to go scorpion with a tail hook, but I think I'm going to hold out for one of these micros if they're available soon.
View Quote
Summer of 18 supposedly.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By f40:

Summer of 18 supposedly.
View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Atschach:

For comparison purposes this is an Octane 45 (8.5”) with barrel cut down to 3.5” & HBI 6.84” flat hand guard. So total barrel + can = 12”.

https://i.imgur.com/TxL5lxZ.jpg
View Quote
That looks really cool. Great job.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 5:05:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BGENE:

IM sent, hard to find so IMing link.
View Quote
@BGENE mind if I get that link as well? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:05:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RedRaptor] [#28]
Apologies if I've asked this before, but does anyone have a photo of a factory pistol length barrel with a 3-lug and HBI angled handguard on it?

I'm sending my carbine off to get chopped to pistol length and I'm trying to figure out if I need to ask ATF to change the length I put on my Form 4 originally so the 3-lug isn't hanging out a half mile past the end of the handguard.

(Before anyone asks, I bought the carbine and submitted my stamp back when stocks were next-to-impossible to find)
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RedRaptor:
Apologies if I've asked this before, but does anyone have a photo of a factory pistol length barrel with a 3-lug and HBI angled handguard on it?

I'm sending my carbine off to get chopped to pistol length and I'm trying to figure out if I need to ask ATF to change the length I put on my Form 4 originally so the 3-lug isn't hanging out a half mile past the end of the handguard.

(Before anyone asks, I bought the carbine and submitted my stamp back when stocks were next-to-impossible to find)
View Quote
Length for ATF is without muzzle device unless permanently attached.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:55:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ToyCop:
View Quote
I'm aware of that. I want to know if I need to go shorter when the barrel is cut so as not to have the 3-lug hanging out way in front.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:57:37 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm aware of that. I want to know if I need to go shorter when the barrel is cut so as not to have the 3-lug hanging out way in front.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ToyCop:
Gotcha. All the pistol length pics I've seen with the HBI angled handguards have the factory muzzle device out beyond the end of the rail. Given the length of the 3 lug adapters I'm guessing it will be out there quite a bit.  Page 188 of the CZ Scorpion thread may give you an idea.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:30:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#32]
Do the newer mags still have the cracking off feed lip issue?  I have 4 30 rounder mags and 2 20 rounders. and of them have one lip thats halfway gone and a couple have a hairline crack already formed.  I don't shoot the gun too much and I am gentle with the mags.  Never dropped.  I do store them loaded however and I think that is putting enough stress on them to all crack.

CZ has a replacement set in the mail for me right now under warranty.  However, the mags all cycle fine though the gun. Even the really bad ones missing over half of a lip (those chipped BADLY when unloading the mags).  Amazing the rounds stay put.  The mags I had were purchased sometime around 2/2016 from HB industries.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:29:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ToyCop] [#33]

After perusing this thread I figured it was time to order a few things thanks to you trailblazers. I started with some 30 round mags because they were on sale at CZ USA. I also have in hand  or am awaiting delivery of the following:

ILWT micro K barrel
MI K hand guard
HBI trigger springs, pro stock CH, short AK selectors for both sides, duckbill mag release
Pakse pathfinder grip
Arson Machine light mount and QD sling socket (may not need due to MI rail)
SureFire G2X
PMM QD rear sling mount
Trijicon type 2 RM06 3.25 MOA
Scalarworks RMR Mount (awesome mount)
A3 Tactical foregrip with hand-stop
Magpul MS1 sling

I will be ordering a Shooters Element trigger when my Scorpion arrives and once the form 1 clears, I'll be adding a left folding, Lage stock. Suppressor will either be a B&T or Dead Air Wolf 9SD.

It's all your fault.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:27:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Pretty Happy with how I have it setup now. Loving the Omega9K

Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:40:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#35]
I picked up two scorpions, and twenty 30rd mags  back right before the election. Today I just finally got around to upgrading one of them. I ordered a kak shockwave brace, kak buffer tube, cz scorpion folding adapter, and a extended charging handle.  I didn't have the budget for a safety, so I spent 10 minutes with the dremel and rounded off the factory right side safety that's stabbing me in the hand, it looks pretty decent, but ill replace it down the road eventually. the only gun related things I'm buying this year are accessories suck as stocks, optics, 10.5 uppers, sling mounts, sights, stripped lowers, lower build kits, and spare parts. no guns are budgeted for the next couple of years.

eventually I want to set both scorpions up with RMR's, folding braces, new safeties, new grips, extended charging handles, better triggers, and lights.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Complete with rapid prototype suppressor made from tool grade paper board and mil-spec duct tape.
(Need CZ to start shipping those S2 cans dammit!)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:24:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KD27] [#37]
Has anyone used an Eotech as your Scorpion's optic?  I'm just curious if the XPS and EXPS models will both work, or if the EXPS model will sit too high.  I had a Holosun that bottomed out when I used the high mount, and I wasn't sure if I'd encounter any similar issues with the EXPS.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By KD27:
Has anyone used an Eotech as your Scorpion's optic?  I'm just curious if the XPS and EXPS models will both work, or if the EXPS model will sit too high.  I had a Holosun that bottomed out when I used the high mount, and I wasn't sure if I'd encounter any similar issues with the EXPS.
View Quote
As I recall there were a couple Scorpions on the CZ Forum using the Eotech and they seemed to work fine.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Sad day for my first plastic gun. Went to cowitness irons and noticed they were way off my red dot. Looked closer and realized the plastic was cracked and uplifted on the right side. Took the rear BUIS off and snapped some pics after pushing the plastic back down. Gonna have to bust out some high strength epoxy & hope it does the trick.

Figure it happened when I had the stock folded and the gun in a backpack and musta hit the corner just right when the backpack was sat down on my concrete floor.

https://i.imgur.com/5P8hi70.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XctSpDO.jpg
View Quote
Well I got a call from CZ today. They said they think the receiver cracked due to the screws being over torqued which I disagree with due to the fact I used a torque wrench and made them up to factory spec. There is no way for them to fix the upper & instead they are offering to replace the entire gun. If it was just the left side of the upper it would be easy to swap just that piece out, however since it is the right side with the serial number the only option is to replace it with new serial number upper. That means I’d have to do another background check to receive it, resubmit paperwork to the atf for the form 1 and wait another 9 months or whatever it will take, & pay to engrave my trust on it again.

With all that said I appreciate CZ taking a look at it and being willing to replace the gun. However I’m leaning heavily towards keeping the current upper, applying a little epoxy myself & calling it good. If it wasn’t an SBR swapping it out would be a no brainer but that isn’t the case.

Who wants to talk me out of it?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Well I got a call from CZ today. They said they think the receiver cracked due to the screws being over torqued which I disagree with due to the fact I used a torque wrench and made them up to factory spec. There is no way for them to fix the upper & instead they are offering to replace the entire gun. If it was just the left side of the upper it would be easy to swap just that piece out, however since it is the right side with the serial number the only option is to replace it with new serial number upper. That means I’d have to do another background check to receive it, resubmit paperwork to the atf for the form 1 and wait another 9 months or whatever it will take, & pay to engrave my trust on it again.

With all that said I appreciate CZ taking a look at it and being willing to replace the gun. However I’m leaning heavily towards keeping the current upper, applying a little epoxy myself & calling it good. If it wasn’t an SBR swapping it out would be a no brainer but that isn’t the case.

Who wants to talk me out of it?
View Quote
Given the SBR status I'd just epoxy it myself and consider it lesson learned
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 2:55:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Probably a dumb question give the current state of politics but... does anyone know where I can find a good deal on some in stock 30 magazines?
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 3:43:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By aIIan:
Probably a dumb question give the current state of politics but... does anyone know where I can find a good deal on some in stock 30 magazines?
View Quote
look in the EE
some now
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 4:17:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Where in the EE? Don't see any FS...
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 8:15:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Greg Cote has them in stock - Scorpion Mags
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Not mine, but I bought some from him. He’s GTG.

Scorpion Mags 10 for $180 shipped
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Anyone use an MRO on their scorpion? What mount do you guys prefer?
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Swoosh101:
View Quote
Been wondering the same myself, I’m guessing the lower the mount the better.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
I do and love it.  I run the co-witness mount. Feel it gives me a better shooting position than the low mounts and having to bring my eye down to it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SilasB:
I do and love it.  I run the co-witness mount. Feel it gives me a better shooting position than the low mounts and having to bring my eye down to it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilasB:
I went with a RMR on a Scalarworks mount. Nice thing about it is I can bring my head down a bit and use the irons through the mount.  I may have to try my MRO on the Scorpion.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 8:48:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Punisher] [#50]
Manticore mags or OEM?
Which is better?

Just ordered 2 of the Manticore PGS 32rd mags $19.99 ea. at Preppers Gun Shop.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 194 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top