Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 171 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
FYI Manticore Arms Kurz forends and barrels are now available for the Scorpion EVO- shaves that 7.7" factory barrel and forend down to 5.5"

When you order a forend you can choose to add a precut and refinished Kurz length barrel with 1/2x28 muzzle threading so you don't even have to send your barrel out and try to figure out what length to cut it.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

You have my attention.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:

You have my attention.
View Quote
yup
Smart moving trying to be the one stop shop.
How about trigger springs, Sven?
You guys are rocking it
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure how soon FDE carbines may come as a lot that bought the FDE pistol sbr'ed theirs and were upset to find out as of yet they don't make an FDE stock. Unless this changed recently.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By akuser-47:
I'm not sure how soon FDE carbines may come as a lot that bought the FDE pistol sbr'ed theirs and were upset to find out as of yet they don't make an FDE stock. Unless this changed recently.
View Quote

The FDE stock, is in stock at CZ-USA.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:51:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:28:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: williamec] [#7]
Originally Posted By TATBME:

The FDE stock, is in stock at CZ-USA.
View Quote

Yep. The only piece missing is an FDE carbine hand guard.  

I really want to get a carbine as I think the best path to an SBR (for me) is getting a carbine and cutting it down, but I think I'll hold onto my pennies to see if this is coming or not.  Or until I can take it anymore and get one in black.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#8]
one cannot be '1 stop' without a Scorpion grip, amiright?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 2:13:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#9]
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 2:14:53 AM EDT
[#10]

We have a design and even have prototypes we run on the shop guns, but with  something like four other companies offering aftermarket grips we are putting the focus (and funds) elswhere at the moment.
View Quote

But, but.....all of the others seem to suck. No offense meant to those companies:)
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 2:19:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: QWKZ51] [#11]
A couple grip options I've been working on. The printed one will get a set of G10 panels when we machine the prototype. Yeah..i could buy someone else's grip, but why?

Link Posted: 1/24/2017 2:42:54 AM EDT
[#12]

We have a design and even have prototypes we run on the shop guns, but with  something like four other companies offering aftermarket grips we are putting the focus (and funds) elswhere at the moment.
View Quote

Any chance of some pics? Maybe make a limited preorder run if people would like the looks?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:35:04 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

that's cool...I had to try.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By YugoslavSKS:

Any chance of some pics? Maybe make a limited preorder run if people would like the looks?
View Quote

I'd like to see pics, as well.  Right now that's the last thing I need to get for my Scorpion.  The stock grip isn't terrible but I would like something a little better.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Before I even got my Evo, I ordered the Apex grip for $23 at Brownells.  Werent any reviews at that time.  Just hoping it'd do well.  You now what?  I'm not going to do a safety change.  Don't need one with this grip.  No delete either.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dogbert4-1:
Before I even got my Evo, I ordered the Apex grip for $23 at Brownells.  Werent any reviews at that time.  Just hoping it'd do well.  You now what?  I'm not going to do a safety change.  Don't need one with this grip.  No delete either.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/913/IMG-1090-132896.JPG
View Quote

Suppressor
SBR stamp
Most likely some manticore 32rnd mags
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#17]
FYI Manticore Arms Kurz forends and barrels are now available for the Scorpion EVO- shaves that 7.7" factory barrel and forend down to 5.5"

When you order a forend you can choose to add a precut and refinished Kurz length barrel with 1/2x28 muzzle threading so you don't even have to send your barrel out and try to figure out what length to cut it.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Can the barrel be ordered by itself?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:37:39 PM EDT
[#18]
yeah, I dunno...considering the price, I might get an Apex grip just to hold me over until a better option comes along. It's a pretty unattractive lookin' grip. Can't say anything about how well it fits my hand, 'cause I haven't grabbed one, but I do like the grip angle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 6:28:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

Really needing to add a vfg back to this, but can't decide which. Want something direct attach to keep from buying an adapter. Also possibly an omega 9k since my griffin looks a bit long even in the K config.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#20]
For those waiting: the manticore charging handle are back in stock. Just placed my order!
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:33:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#21]
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:31:39 AM EDT
[#23]
We have some blemished mounting blocks we are offering up for sale on the Manticore web store for those that want to mount a B&T stock to their Scorpion:
View Quote

Would these work with the P26/TP9 style of stock or just the APC9 style?
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:32:51 AM EDT
[#24]

Yes it is, and our new Shop Manager was feverishly assembling piles of them this morning!  (even  management is required to learn how stuff goes together!)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
For those waiting: the manticore charging handle are back in stock. Just placed my order!

Yes it is, and our new Shop Manager was feverishly assembling piles of them this morning!  (even  management is required to learn how stuff goes together!)

How tight fitting is the Manticore charging handle in the UMP handguard? My factory one is super loose.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:22:21 AM EDT
[#25]
i saw you mention the loose CH in another post...can you post a video showing this? I have the UMP handguard and factory CH and haven't noticed this. Perhaps the springy wire thing got damaged at some point during the gun's life?
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#26]
what was Henderson defense opinion on the cz scorpion as a range gun? any issues etc.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By UncleRick:
what was Henderson defense opinion on the cz scorpion as a range gun? any issues etc.
View Quote

That question might be better suited for one of Ron's threads.

When I was there the RSOs liked the Scorpion and said it was performing well. As you probably know, it's got a pretty awesome rate of fire and really chews through ammo.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#28]
yeah, I dunno...considering the price, I might get an Apex grip just to hold me over until a better option comes along. It's a pretty unattractive lookin' grip. Can't say anything about how well it fits my hand, 'cause I haven't grabbed one, but I do like the grip angle.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I took off the sandpaper grip tape because it was very aggressive.  A lot of people like that.  Instead I did my usual bike innertube job.  It's super thin, yet gives a good grip wet or dry.

As for the grip angle, it deletes the need for a safety delete.  I've grown accustomed and like the stock safety set.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Harvey_Mushman:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/454828/IMG-1174-133235.JPG

Really needing to add a vfg back to this, but can't decide which. Want something direct attach to keep from buying an adapter. Also possibly an omega 9k since my griffin looks a bit long even in the K config.
View Quote

Good looking rifle!
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Finally ponied up and bought a Yeti Wurks grip after realizing I couldn't fabricate an adapter for an MOE grip without modifying the MOE. The Switchback gives a very similar angle and feel, money well spent despite being $20 more than I'd like.

Now I just need a charging handle, maybe SE trigger shoe, and to get these damn side rails milled off since no one offers a smooth polymer pistol handguard.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:31:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#31]
whats wrong with a smooth aluminum pistol hand guard?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 3:36:04 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

They chew up aluminum charging handles.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 3:58:25 AM EDT
[#33]
The rod on the factory ch is al? I didn't even notice when I've had it apart. I'll keep an eye on it I suppose. So far so good.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 4:21:31 AM EDT
[#34]
The rod on the factory ch is al? I didn't even notice when I've had it apart. I'll keep an eye on it I suppose. So far so good.
View Quote

Not the rod (those are ss), the aftermarket handles are aluminum. HBI says in their install video to not use the aluminum handles with their handguard, and my Manticore has done a number on my Shooters Element charging handle (or vise versa).

Not a dealbreaker necessarily, but something that some folks might want to avoid.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

I actually like that gun is polymer and would prefer to keep that consistent look and feel. Otherwise I do like the looks of the HBI. Hadn't thought about the charging handle issue, but there's one more reason.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:32:09 AM EDT
[#36]
If this has already been asked upthread, my apologies.

Does the "newer" Scorpion Evo S1 pistol, sku 91351, require a full 922r kit to SBR or can you simply install the CZ folding stock?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By jerz_subbie:

I actually like that gun is polymer and would prefer to keep that consistent look and feel. Otherwise I do like the looks of the HBI. Hadn't thought about the charging handle issue, but there's one more reason.
View Quote

Same here.

Putting aluminum on a polymer gun feels as wrong as putting plastic on a gun designed to be steel.

I'd buy the HBI handguard if it were polymer.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:10:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#38]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

Not the rod (those are ss), the aftermarket handles are aluminum. HBI says in their install video to not use the aluminum handles with their handguard, and my Manticore has done a number on my Shooters Element charging handle (or vise versa).

Not a dealbreaker necessarily, but something that some folks might want to avoid.
View Quote

Interesting. Have to keep an eye on this. Maybe CHs should be steel? BCGs / AR uppers seem to get along for the most part. Little surface wear but NBD.

In general terms I'm fine with Al on the gun. I thought the AR15 got rid of all the "you can't have both of those materials in a gun!" ideas. It has pretty much everything but wood... Especially these days with people using Ti. Not uncommon for ARs to have at least 3 different kinds of steel, a couple different types of Al, and a few different polymers as well. As always, to each their own though. Variety is a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By avboiler11:
If this has already been asked upthread, my apologies.

Does the "newer" Scorpion Evo S1 pistol, sku 91351, require a full 922r kit to SBR or can you simply install the CZ folding stock?
View Quote

I'd put money on you have to hit 922r requirements on your own.

Here's a route (since the kits are no longer made, last I knew):
Manticore/Apex/someone elses pistol grip. 922r part #1.
Muzzle device - I went 3 lug for my suppressor. 922r part #2
New trigger, since yours shouldn't have the welded screw. 922r parts#3/4/5 depending on who you go with
Either you replace the magazine parts on all your CZ branded mags (which counts as 2 parts per mag) OR you grab the new Manticore mags which are 3 parts. 922r parts #6/7/8 depending on what choice you make
Disconnector. 922r part #9
Manticore handguard. 922r part #10

So there are options.

If you install the CZ stock, you should have to get 7 parts instead of the standard 6, if I read the rule correctly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:53:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#40]
It's more about removing foreign parts than it is adding American ones. Muzzle device, for example. You don't need to put a US one on... You just need to remove / toss the  foreign one. Of course, most other parts are kinda required, so in practical terms you're correct.

Manticore hg, apex grip, manticore stock, manticore mags, one of the triggers that are out there...should be good. If a person wanted to go with the new manticore kurz handguard / bbl set ups that'd get ya another part with the bbl.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#41]
It's more about removing foreign parts than it is adding American ones. Muzzle device, for example. You don't need to put a US one on... You just need to remove / toss the  foreign one. Of course, most other parts are kinda required, so in practical terms you're correct.

Manticore hg, apex grip, manticore stock, manticore mags, one of the triggers that are out there...should be good. If a person wanted to go with the new manticore kurz handguard / bbl set ups that'd get ya another part with the bbl.
View Quote

You're correct, it was just another option for the list.

I wonder if you could throw the shorter barrel on there with a longer handguard and be good to go?  Looking for a way to lose a few inches, and through a carbine length barrel over it to cover more of my Rugged Obsidian.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 7:25:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bishop3] [#42]
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:

I'd put money on you have to hit 922r requirements on your own.

Here's a route (since the kits are no longer made, last I knew):
Manticore/Apex/someone elses pistol grip. 922r part #1.
Muzzle device - I went 3 lug for my suppressor. 922r part #2
New trigger, since yours shouldn't have the welded screw. 922r parts#3/4/5 depending on who you go with
Either you replace the magazine parts on all your CZ branded mags (which counts as 2 parts per mag) OR you grab the new Manticore mags which are 3 parts. 922r parts #6/7/8 depending on what choice you make
Disconnector. 922r part #9
Manticore handguard. 922r part #10

So there are options.

If you install the CZ stock, you should have to get 7 parts instead of the standard 6, if I read the rule correctly.
View Quote

I finished installing the CZ 922r with stock kit this morning. What is this about 7 parts?
I swapped:(1)muzzle device, (2)pistol grip, (3)trigger shoe, (4)disconnector, (5)magazine base and
(6)magazine follower.
Added stock

Plan on adding a direct thread attachment for a can too.

I'm I compliant or not?

It was extremely fun to shoot today, the stock makes the difference.

Thanks
Bishop3
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#43]
The way I understand it, you added an additional foreign stock (if you went with the cz stock) so you have to compensate with replacing a different foreign part with a domestic part.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:08:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bishop3] [#44]
The way I understand it, you added an additional foreign stock (if you went with the cz stock) so you have to compensate with replacing a different foreign part with a domestic part.
View Quote

There are a 16  parts that the ATF say pertain to 922r compliance this includes the buttstock. I removed 6 this leaves 10 parts.

10 parts or less is 922r compliant?

There is a diagram that confirms this. It is the assembly not disassembly?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:50:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy87] [#45]
Originally Posted By Bishop3:

There are a 16  parts that the ATF say pertain to 922r compliance this includes the buttstock. I removed 6 this leaves 10 parts.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bishop3:

If you used the stock from CZ, it becomes part 17, so you now how to get down to ten from 17, not 16. If you used an aftermarket stock made domestically, you're there.

I could be completely wrong though. It's happened before.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:53:39 PM EDT
[#46]

If you used the stock from CZ, it becomes part 17, so you now how to get down to ten from 17, not 16. If you used an aftermarket stock made domestically, you're there.

I could be completely wrong though. It's happened before.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

The 16 parts listed pertaining to 922r. Subtract 6 of those pertaining to 922r you will have 10 on an assembled SBR. I don't understand, when the buttstock is included already per the ATF count.

Maybe someone could explain '17 parts', though according to this chart 16 are in question as pertaining to 922r 
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:51:15 AM EDT
[#47]
OK, I'm confused on the parts count now also.  Since I'm doing a pistol to SBR build and it doesn't have a stock to start with, do I need to go from 15 parts to 10 or go from 16 to 10?

Here's what I have so far for a pistol to SBR build:
1.     Mag Follower
2.     Mag Base
3.     Manticore Stock -  Since I'm not replacing, but adding a part, does it count?

Need to Purchase:
4.     Trigger
5.     Disconnect
6.     Sear
7.     Hammer
8.     Muzzle Device
9.     ???????  Pistol Grip, if I can find a FDE I like.

If I skip the muzzle device and the pistol grip that gives me either 6 or 7 (counting the stock), is that good enough to be compliant????
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:18:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bishop3] [#48]
Originally Posted By paraord16:
OK, I'm confused on the parts count now also.  Since I'm doing a pistol to SBR build and it doesn't have a stock to start with, do I need to go from 15 parts to 10 or go from 16 to 10?

Here's what I have so far for a pistol to SBR build:
1.     Mag Follower
2.     Mag Base
3.     Manticore Stock -  Since I'm not replacing, but adding a part, does it count?

Need to Purchase:
4.     Trigger
5.     Disconnect
6.     Sear
7.     Hammer
8.     Muzzle Device
9.     ???????  Pistol Grip, if I can find a FDE I like.

If I skip the muzzle device and the pistol grip that gives me either 6 or 7 (counting the stock), is that good enough to be compliant????
View Quote

I have reformatted this question in the SBR forum. I will install a CZ "922r compliant kit" that includes a buttstock. I will replace 6 parts, though apparently the buttstock is included in the count. Yes, there are 'aftermarket options' (money) I rather not purchase now, should the kit w/buttstock meet 922r. I like the CZ stock for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:48:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:54:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Copy that, thanks for the clarification!
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 171 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top