Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2020 7:36:08 PM EDT
Just wondering if there are any  high round count cz scorpion or CZ micro’s out there and if any parts are failing? Breaking? Micro Evo S2’s???
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just wondering if there re my high round count CZ micro’s out there and if any parts are failing? Breaking? Micro Evo S2’s???
View Quote
Same gun as any other CZ Scorpion with the exception of it having a short barrel and handguard and it says S2 on the side.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:02:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok. Any scorpions
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:15:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a few thousand rounds through my Scorpion Carbine, no issues what so ever.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:38:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not working in the same place anymore but what I saw breaking on high round count low maintenance full auto guns was broken disconnecters and what cz calls the "block lever??" Getting peened from the bolt traveling to the rear.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 4:33:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the older Evo here (made in 2013) and it’s still working fine.
I don’t torture it but it’s being shoot regularly since I’ve learned to reload 9mm just for it

IIRC Some guns had problems with hammers not being heat threaded properly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:32:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I had one of the very first Scorpions. The only thing that was fragile were the original magazines. The first and second generation were prone to feed lip breakage. The newest ones are, from what I'm told, outstanding. I went to the Manticore/Prepper metal feed lip models and had no more issues.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one of the very first Scorpions. The only thing that was fragile were the original magazines. The first and second generation were prone to feed lip breakage. The newest ones are, from what I'm told, outstanding. I went to the Manticore/Prepper metal feed lip models and had no more issues.
View Quote
Same here as far as 1st gen gun.  However, cracked feed lips happened only to 1st gen 30 rds translucent mags with the 'squared' off top edges, I still have a few of them cracked and missing pieces off the top but still function just fine albeit looking like hell.  20 rds are fine.

Regarding the original questions, as with any firearms, if you want spare parts, get extractor and firing pin assemblies and call it good.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I mean I've seen the original FA demo scorpions brought into the us with well over 500k rounds a piece through them still going strong (and those numbers are most certainly under estimates.) So ya, I guess you could say they hold up pretty well with regular maintenance and spring replacements.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top