Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 73 of 102)
Page / 102
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKSU:
Sage Dynamics 7.62x39 Bren 2MS Review

I’ve been waiting for this review. Aaron Cowan approved.
View Quote

I really, really wanted the 7,62 to NOT take propriatry mags and them be 30.00 each with sketch availability. I wanted it to take AK mags
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#2]
So if the ATF is going to let us register braced pistols as SBR’s, what about 922? I guess it now doesn’t apply?

I guess they really didn’t think this thing through?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:33:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By dump1567:
So if the ATF is going to let us register braced pistols as SBR’s, what about 922? I guess it now doesn’t apply?

View Quote

Oh, they most definitely took that into consideration and will probably use it against people. No way all these new gun owners know all these gun laws.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 6:28:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

I really, really wanted the 7,62 to NOT take propriatry mags and them be 30.00 each with sketch availability. I wanted it to take AK mags
View Quote

You can buy an aftermarket lower that does that. Personally I think that would have been a dumb move to limit their new modern weapon to use a magazine style designed half a century ago. Agree that availability sucks but I think they are the better route for a modern weapon. Once they iron out the bugs and dial in the guns some more in my opinion the Bren 2 can easily be the best option for a 7.62x39 gun. I enjoy an AK and obviously they’re still useful but in all reality they are outdated.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 6:39:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Punished-Fox] [#5]

View Quote

Lingle Industries makes a lower that accepts standard AK mags, AR15 pistol grip, and AR15 FCG

I nabbed one and a ton of M3 PMAGs. Still looking for factory CZ mags but eh, I have options now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFXee-WJUI-/?igshid=1eyads25op6hl
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

The ATF isn't giving you a free SBR stamp. They are waiving a tax stamp fee to register your pistol with installed brace AS IS. Meaning you can not put a stock on it after approved "free" stamp. You just have a registered pistol with brace now.

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

I'm going with the 5.56 insert mag conversion route to use 7.62 AR type mags for my 14" conversion to a rifle.  And I need the 3 US parts.  I've already bought-up a bunch of Dura-mags in 7.62.  From my research, these seem like the best mags for 7.62 AR's.

But this isn't intended to be my end of the world rifle.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

I have been wondering if it is possible to put the AR15 mag magwell adapter in a x39 Bren2 and use x39 AR15 mags. Of course it wouldn't solve for you to be able to use AK mags, but it would certainly be easier to find x39 ar mags cheaper than bren2 mags.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hodgi_:

The ATF isn't giving you a free SBR stamp. They are waiving a tax stamp fee to register your pistol with installed brace AS IS. Meaning you can not put a stock on it after approved "free" stamp. You just have a registered pistol with brace now.

View Quote

So they're creating a whole new class of NFA items?  And where does the use of an SBA3 fall into when countless ATF letters state they determine that brace to be a stock?  Sounds just as murky as before, but now it's registered as an NFA item.

I feel like I'm back in CA trying to figure how to register my AW's.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#10]

I have been wondering if it is possible to put the AR15 mag magwell adapter in a x39 Bren2 and use x39 AR15 mags. Of course it wouldn't solve for you to be able to use AK mags, but it would certainly be easier to find x39 ar mags cheaper than bren2 mags.
View Quote

Yes.  Same adaptor that's in the 556 guns.  HBI sells them.  And they work with 7.62 AR mags.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#11]

So they're creating a whole new class of NFA items?  And where does the use of an SBA3 fall into when countless ATF letters state they determine that brace to be a stock?  Sounds just as murky as before, but now it's registered as an NFA item.

View Quote

Yes. Basically your are asking permission to register a firearm that was previously legal, only promising that you wont ever change it. The way it is worded now says AS IS and has no provisions for modular firearms like the AR15. Want to change the hand guard, nope. change calibers, nope. new optic, nope. This is why it is going to be so important to let your representation know the overreach that is happening, as well as reach out during the public comment time (over the next few weeks iirc) to voice displeasure.

I realize this is a tech thread, so if you want to dive more into it there is a thread in GD that spells it out much better than i can.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:48:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G3k] [#12]

Yes. Basically your are asking permission to register a firearm that was previously legal, only promising that you wont ever change it. The way it is worded now says AS IS and has no provisions for modular firearms like the AR15. Want to change the hand guard, nope. change calibers, nope. new optic, nope. This is why it is going to be so important to let your representation know the overreach that is happening, as well as reach out during the public comment time (over the next few weeks iirc) to voice displeasure.

I realize this is a tech thread, so if you want to dive more into it there is a thread in GD that spells it out much better than i can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You don’t know any of what you posted, it’s all supposition on unpublished vague proposals. The ATF is trying some hinky shit with braces, full stop. Stop passing along incomplete or conjectural info.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#13]
the mags for the 7.62 being 35.00 and more rare than a pro gun dem are a turn off.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#14]
the mags for the 7.62 being 35.00 and more rare than a pro gun dem are a turn off.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

To my understanding they're just saying they are going to register all braced pistols as SBR's, because that's how they view them.

You think they're going t do a whole new designation of what stock you had equipped?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#16]
https://lingleindustries.com/
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#17]
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-bren-2-gas-regulator-service/

Anybody with problem guns try this yet??  

My gun is still waiting in line to be seen by CZ.

With this available do you all think I should take the refund still?  

I kinda want to get another pistol and try this.  Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there!
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ShadowAngel:

To my understanding they're just saying they are going to register all braced pistols as SBR's, because that's how they view them.

You think they're going t do a whole new designation of what stock you had equipped?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ShadowAngel:

It's the kind of sneaky, underhanded, patently illegal move they are famous for.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Black x39 mags are in stock at greg cote
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Black x39 mags are in stock at greg cote
View Quote

You the man, thanks for looking out!

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 9:37:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SodbusterCVG] [#21]
Originally Posted By Kian503:
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-bren-2-gas-regulator-service/

View Quote

I don't know if I have a problem gun. I picked it up in early 2020 (mid-April IIRC) and it has a 2019 date on it.

I haven't even fired one round from it because of all the 'Rona stuff so maybe it's a good one, maybe it's got ejection issues. Once I do, I'll contribute to the forum for sure.

However, I did buy this spring since I've been following the reports of all the problems. I grabbed my heavyweight trigger gauge to measure how much resistance it gave the gas plug in seating.

Factory spring: 3.5 lbs
HBI Spring: 14 lbs

There's a significantly greater amount of spring pressure on the gas piston. The only thing I might be concerned about over the long term would be peening with the higher spring rate returning the piston with more force. I imagine these are hardened parts and with the short distance of travel plus the residual, falling gas pressure cushion it's probably not a problem.

However, I'm not a firearms engineer... Nor am I any other kind of engineer.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#22]
While I have an 8" 556 gun and can't speak to the x39 issues, I did drop my regulator off at HBI last week and just picked up the kit today. The regulator came back to me cleaner than when I dropped it off and the spring is definitely more beefy.  Also FWIW, every time I've been there the guys I've met have been awesome to deal with, extremely knowledgeable and willing to chat with me.

I don't have pin gauges unfortunately but there is a noticeable size difference in the ports. I'm hoping to hit the range on Christmas Eve and will report back.

New port

Factory 1 setting

Spring comparison

Full gun

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 11:48:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iLovetheAK47] [#23]
Originally Posted By FDEinAZ:
While I have an 8" 556 gun and can't speak to the x39 issues, I did drop my regulator off at HBI last week and just picked up the kit today. The regulator came back to me cleaner than when I dropped it off and the spring is definitely more beefy.  Also FWIW, every time I've been there the guys I've met have been awesome to deal with, extremely knowledgeable and willing to chat with me.

I don't have pin gauges unfortunately but there is a noticeable size difference in the ports. I'm hoping to hit the range on Christmas Eve and will report back.

New port
https://i.postimg.cc/7hWJqXd8/001-Edit.png

Factory 1 setting
https://i.postimg.cc/fyL041Hf/002-Edit.png

Spring comparison
https://i.postimg.cc/Pf3wbrx3/003-Edit.png

Full gun
https://i.postimg.cc/rsF5VDpW/007-Edit.png
View Quote

It was a bitch trying to take the OEM spring out, they bend it so that the end stays in that gap. Did the HBI spring get stuck in your gun? Mine did, maybe I should try bending the end of it like CZ does theirs.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By iLovetheAK47:

It was a bitch trying to take the OEM spring out, they bend it so that the end stays in that gap. Did the HBI spring get stuck in your gun? Mine did, maybe I should try bending the end of it like CZ does theirs.

View Quote

I took the regulator out and yeah it didn’t come out like the CZ one because it’s not “captured” like theirs. I guess if you want to remove the spring you have to wiggle it so it falls out too.

With the new spring diameter being pretty thick compared to the CZ I’m not sure it would work in that gap, but should be an easy thing to measure.

In any case I’m going to run it as is, I haven’t even wiped the regulator down at this point so may not be a big deal at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 3:55:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone have any idea when we’re going to hear back from CZ on this? It’s insane. Took mine out today and had four stovepipes in sixty rounds.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I've been off of here for awhile, it's unbelievable that it doesn't look like CZ has offered a solution at this point.  

The HBI spring and gas regulator service is first rate.  I used the prototype spring in my testing which worked fantastic (I believe they've tuned the weight to offer even better ejection now), they also did some gas regulator port size testing (suppressor) on my 11" Bren 2S.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 2:08:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: westernhaikus1] [#27]
Can someone tell me the muzzle thread pattern for the original 2S 11" models? I have a 14" 2S that is 1/2x28 and the 11" version has a different profile. I need to order a new suppressor host now

Also this 11" appears to have a LH threads
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:31:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#28]
. . .
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By westernhaikus1:
Can someone tell me the muzzle thread pattern for the original 2S 11" models? I have a 14" 2S that is 1/2x28 and the 11" version has a different profile. I need to order a new suppressor host now

Also this 11" appears to have a LH threads
View Quote

Maybe 14x1LH? Seems like I heard somewhere the x39 S and the full auto models were 14x1LH. See if a standard AK muzzle device will fit.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#30]
mine was 14l x 1  , got a dead air pb1 for it
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By grinning:
Does anyone have any idea when we’re going to hear back from CZ on this? It’s insane. Took mine out today and had four stovepipes in sixty rounds.
View Quote

Ejector Spring needs replaced on x39 to fix the issue in my opinion. Possibly the extractor springs as well. On mine it was the ejector spring. Its easy to narrow down problem. Swap bolt out on the troubled x39 from a gun you know is working well.  Your gun will work great with new Bolt. After established issue is somewhere in the bolt, you start swapping springs and extractor on the problematic bolt. I have done this and it turned out my ejector spring was defective. It was actually mangled up.  The HBI spring slows the bolt which is nice but I dont believe it to be the only thing needed to fix for fte issue in the x39 models.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:00:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

Ejector Spring needs replaced on x39 to fix the issue in my opinion. Possibly the extractor springs as well. On mine it was the ejector spring. Its easy to narrow down problem. Swap bolt out on the troubled x39 from a gun you know is working well.  Your gun will work great with new Bolt. After established issue is somewhere in the bolt, you start swapping springs and extractor on the problematic bolt. I have done this and it turned out my ejector spring was defective. It was actually mangled up.  The HBI spring slows the bolt which is nice but I dont believe it to be the only thing needed to fix for fte issue in the x39 models.
View Quote

Well let us know when and where you find those spare parts, or any spare parts for the Bren 2. Still nothing besides the occasional magazine on the CZ USA webstore.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 1:27:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Name_Here:

You can buy an aftermarket lower that does that. Personally I think that would have been a dumb move to limit their new modern weapon to use a magazine style designed half a century ago. Agree that availability sucks but I think they are the better route for a modern weapon. Once they iron out the bugs and dial in the guns some more in my opinion the Bren 2 can easily be the best option for a 7.62x39 gun. I enjoy an AK and obviously they're still useful but in all reality they are outdated.
View Quote

The gun might be outdated but the magazines still work and aren't really outdated. If you're concerned about build quality there's always Magpul.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#34]
FWIW here's my mini-range report with the HBI adjusted regulator and heavier piston spring. Keep in mind this is with an 8" 5.56 gun and I only got to shoot a couple mags today.

MUCH better recoil impulse, especially suppressed. I shot both M193 and Federal 55gr .223 which is probably the weakest ammo I have. Unsuppressed on the regular setting with the heavier spring it was ejecting 3:30-4:00 with both ammo types and was as consistent as stock but softer. Suppressed with both ammo types it was still ejecting forward a bit, maybe 2-2:30, but it was noticeably less violent and felt just like the unsuppressed on 1 setting.  

Not scientific by any means, obviously, but the best way I can describe it is it now feels like a shove in the shoulder instead of a punch and similar to my properly gassed AR SBRs (11.5" and 10.3" guns). Overall, very happy with it and now don't have qualms about shooting it with a can. Prior to this you could tell the system was being manhandled by the amount of gas going through it, to the point where I wouldn't shoot it suppressed.

When I get a chance to get more rounds down range I'll update. Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 6:14:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#35]
Went to the range yesterday and shot 180 rounds of Golden Tiger FMJ through my 14” 7.62x39 Bren 2S.
I had a few FTF’s in the first couple mags. The next few mags were GTG. Ejection was consistently between 2-3 o’clock.
Mods are a Area 416 Hellfire 2-Port brake, HBI trigger, HBI extended CH, HBI selectors and VZ Rail Scales.
I dumped my Arsenal AK for the Bren 2S. I really like it so far. I can’t believe I waited this long to shoot it.
I’m going to shoot another 500 rounds of Golden Tiger FMJ next week and update this post.

Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Went to the range yesterday and shot 180 rounds of Golden Tiger FMJ through my 14” 7.62x39 Bren 2S.
I had a few FTF’s in the first couple mags. The next few mags were GTG. Ejection was consistently between 2-3 o’clock.
Mods are a Area 416 Hellfire 2-Port brake, HBI trigger, HBI extended CH, HBI selectors and VZ Rail Scales.
I dumped my Arsenal AK for the Bren 2S. I really like it so far. I can’t believe I waited this long to shoot it.
I’m going to shoot another 500 rounds of Golden Tiger FMJ next week and update this post.

https://i.imgur.com/6GfSPIr.jpg
View Quote

Very nice gun bro, glad you have one of the good ones. Do you know what year of manufacture it is?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#37]

https://i.imgur.com/6GfSPIr.jpg
View Quote

Lol the inconsistency is where they get ya.  First two mags out of the gun were gucci, followed by 6 or so mags of 2-3 FTE per mag, then 9 mag dumps with no FTEs, then FTEs galore again. I'm at 12+ weeks of my gun being at CZ, good times.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:12:22 AM EDT
[#38]

Very nice gun bro, glad you have one of the good ones. Do you know what year of manufacture it is?
View Quote

Mine was from the first limited drop in 2018.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:17:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:

Lol the inconsistency is where they get ya.  First two mags out of the gun were gucci, followed by 6 or so mags of 2-3 FTE per mag, then 9 mag dumps with no FTEs, then FTEs galore again. I'm at 12+ weeks of my gun being at CZ, good times.
View Quote

I’ve been following this thread since 2018. I’m looking forward to my 500 round Golden Tiger test next week. I haven’t had any FTE’s yet.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 7:14:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Mine was from the first limited drop in 2018.
View Quote

I realized you have a 2S like right after I posted. Very nice man, jealous. Praying CZ has a solution for the rest of us. Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:

View Quote

Wow!  That really is horrible news.  I guess they do not want to give out refunds and have no fixes so lets just hold on to the guns and not say or do shit.  Everyone saying how awesome CZ's warranty service is please pay attention.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:23:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CaribouLou45] [#42]
Here's my take on the Bren 2 after owning a 5.56 2S, putting a mag through a select-fire 5.56 8" Bren 2, and now owning 9" 2S 7.62.

-In select fire, it's a beast of a machine. Super controllable and very slick
-The MS is a complete abomination. At least HBI offers handguard options that make the situation better and you can end up with a pretty good rifle
-In semi auto 5.56, I'd still take a high-end AR SBR over the Bren 2S, but the Bren is not too far behind
-The CZ Picatinny full rails are the way to go on the Bren 2 as gives a lot more forward mounting space for IR, lights, VFG, etc and being so short you don't see a weight penalty
-Larger controls, bolt carrier design, and smoothness of bolt seems the platform would do very well in heavy winter conditions and doesn't seem so susceptible to LPS and bolt freezing as an AR
-Brace adapter needs custom gasket work done as ridiculous amount of play from factory. Easy to do and glue to the brace adapter. Once done, is rock solid does not affect disassembly
-The 7.62 9" is a bad machine and my favorite variant. I can see the utility why GIGN adopted it. The 9" Bren 2 is the lightest one variant at 6.25lbs, remarkably light for a piston driven 7.62x39 rifle
-The 7.62 mags are proprietary, but they are well designed and needed. Fully curved, similar styling to PMAGs, yet offer push in and bolt hold open. Price isn't that bad IMO at $33 or so, you just have to find them is the thing. Once you do, order two dozen and call it good
-7.62 rifles seem over gassed, mine definitely is. Sending my gas regulator to HBI and will try their spring. Haven't come across any issues on normal unsuppressed, however it is a strong 2 o clock ejection previous owner must have had some cases hitting the front of the ejection port. You cannot suppress the Bren 7.62 without drilling the blank hole smaller, you will destroy the gun similar to the SCAR. Functions as follows: STD position supers and subsonics suppressed, Adverse cycles subsonics with no can, and then drilling the blank will give you supers suppressed
-2020 pricing seems to not affected the Brens which is nice and 7.62x39 is available at 30-35cpr. Even subsonic 7.62x39 is significantly cheaper and available than 9mm
-CZ Support sucks
-Really enjoy the Bren in 7.62. It needs some work by the user to get it there, but when you do it is rewarding and nothing else like it on the market
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#43]
I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again, anyone with a 9" bren needs to be very careful shooting subsonic rounds suppressed. I shot 20 rounds before trying with a suppressor on and I had 2 rounds keyhole on the target.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#44]
[b]
-CZ Support sucks
-Really enjoy the Bren in 7.62. It needs some work by the user to get it there, but when you do it is rewarding and nothing else like it on the market
View Quote

Do you think they’ll fix the ejection issues with the gun? At this point I’m trying to figure out what level of confidence people have in the company and whether they believe CZ will fix this. I had no experience with CZ until this firearm so I don’t really know what to expect.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Kian503:

View Quote

Just got my gas plug and spring back yesterday. Taking her (14” x39 2ms) to the range tomorrow. I’ve had fairly consistent FTE issues both unsuppressed and with a can (SiCo Chimera) since my gun hit the 750 round mark. My own very limited sample size of 1 has indicated a strong relationship between both of the HBI rails and stovepipes. Most recently got through about 200 rounds without a failure with the OEM rail (pre-drilled out gas plug + piston spring). Will update after tomorrow’s session.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 2:23:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By NastyChastity:

Just got my gas plug and spring back yesterday. Taking her (14” x39 2ms) to the range tomorrow. I’ve had fairly consistent FTE issues both unsuppressed and with a can (SiCo Chimera) since my gun hit the 750 round mark. My own very limited sample size of 1 has indicated a strong relationship between both of the HBI rails and stovepipes. Most recently got through about 200 rounds without a failure with the OEM rail (pre-drilled out gas plug + piston spring). Will update after tomorrow’s session.
View Quote

Though I have had no ftes with my 11” x39 Ms after @ 1000 rounds (knock on wood) I did notice an issue with spent cases when I put the shorter hbi hand guard on: all spent cases, steel or brass, had strange streaks of soot running down the lengths of the cases - never have seen that before, but it didn’t look right. I switched back to the oem fore end and the soot streaks disappeared. I’m a bit dubious of the hbi handguards, especially since they can’t make up their minds what to torque their mounting screws to.

The new, longer hbi hand guard has had issues with emitting fireballs inside the unit while shooting.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#47]

Do you think they’ll fix the ejection issues with the gun? At this point I’m trying to figure out what level of confidence people have in the company and whether they believe CZ will fix this. I had no experience with CZ until this firearm so I don’t really know what to expect.
View Quote

I would only buy one right now if you have other rifles already set up. It's surprising to see the issues reported given these have been adopted by a couple militaries and SOF unit, but clearly they are there. It should be noted HBI's service may the fixer, but OEM support is always most desired. Again I'm speaking from the Bren 2S perspective. It lets you shoot surplus Russian in a modern erfonomic platform - that's the role.

As for keyholing subsonic, I haven't had any issues at all with brown bear and mine ejects perfectly like a sewing machine 3 o lock on STD suppressed. Sometimes that can be part of barrel break. Curious what the round count is on the keyhole user and ammo?
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:30:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: reshp1] [#48]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

Ejector Spring needs replaced on x39 to fix the issue in my opinion. Possibly the extractor springs as well. On mine it was the ejector spring.
View Quote

That's been my suspicion as well. Like, the gun is overgassed which makes the ejector's job harder as it has less time to tilt the case out the port before the bolt closes again. But it's probably fine with a strong ejector. As soon as it's not pushing with full force, then the cases don't clear the port in time.

Have you compared the ejector spring to a standard AR15 one?
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By CaribouLou45:

I would only buy one right now if you have other rifles already set up. It's surprising to see the issues reported given these have been adopted by a couple militaries and SOF unit, ...
View Quote

No, not really - the select fire versions were adopted, but not the neutered semi auto only US versions, which has a different receiver. Is that the bugaboo? No idea, but I trust CZ to make things right. i have been dealing with CZ-USA for 20 years now with all good results.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By armoredman:

No, not really - the select fire versions were adopted, but not the neutered semi auto only US versions, which has a different receiver. Is that the bugaboo? No idea, but I trust CZ to make things right. i have been dealing with CZ-USA for 20 years now with all good results.
View Quote

My 2S has the same receiver. Regardless, the MS barrel assemblies and BCG should be the same. Also worth mentioning CZ is selling the MS profile over in Eur as a civilian gun

I think too CZ will make things eventually right. Just who knows when that will be. Fortunately mines been G2G

Page / 102
CZ Bren 2 (Page 73 of 102)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top