Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2020 8:50:56 PM EDT
Pretty new here though I've been on other forums for a long time. I'm still learning this place and was told to post here. I've skimmed the main CZ Bren post but it seems to mostly be about x39 issues.

I've had accuracy issues with my 11" 5.56. I'm just curious how others are doing. The only one I've even heard of shooting decent is the one Cowan/Sage Dynamics reviews. That's the accuracy I would have expected from the platform but mine is no where near that.

I've asked on the CZ Bren FB group with only one response and SH forums, also only one response. Surely some folks here have experience?

Regards,
Dan
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of accuracy are you getting with what ammo?
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the forum!

I had the Bren 2 5.56 Carbine but sold that one and later got the Bren 2 5.56 14" (pinned to rifle).
I got the 14" b/c the carbine had terrible accuracy, about 4-5MOA 10rd groups using different types of ammo.

The 14" Bren 2 is about 2.25-2.5MOA (10rd groups) using Geco 223 55gr FMJ.
Haven't tried much of other ammo, but IIRC the ones I did try are around 3MOA if non-match grade.

My friend's 11" Bren 2 also in 5.56 is around 3MOA using the same Geco 223 55gr FMJ.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pretty new here though I've been on other forums for a long time. I'm still learning this place and was told to post here. I've skimmed the main CZ Bren post but it seems to mostly be about x39 issues.

I've had accuracy issues with my 11" 5.56. I'm just curious how others are doing. The only one I've even heard of shooting decent is the one Cowan/Sage Dynamics reviews. That's the accuracy I would have expected from the platform but mine is no where near that.

I've asked on the CZ Bren FB group with only one response and SH forums, also only one response. Surely some folks here have experience?

Regards,
Dan
View Quote

Dan,

Likely Sage Dynamics is the exception and not the rule.  Reviewing even the very early public testing data back in 2016, CZ engineers were only achieving around 2-3 MOA with S&B brass.  

Compare this to an off-the-shelf Geissele SD (DI AR-15 around the same price), the guys on Snipers Hide are getting 0.5 MOA with 77gr OTM.  

What kind of accuracy issues have you experienced?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:10:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't remember what I shot initially when I got the gun. I switched to a 7.8" HBI hand guard, and later the 10.8 when it came out. When I took the 7.8 off I noticed my gas block was touching inside but didn't think much of it.

I'm shooting a generic hand load of 75 bthp that groups less than 1.5 moa in every gun I own. I've made a 10 shot .5" group with it out of a bolt gun. I've also tried some lighter weight factory ammo with worse results. I never would have thought this would be more than a 2 moa gun. Seems to not be a problem for most folks but I expected a little better.

-Dan
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I have had good accuracy on my 11” 556.  I got a group under 2 inches with match ammo.  M193 around 2-3 inches.  That’s plenty satisfactory as far as I’m concerned for it’s intended purposes. The ergos and operation are great.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#6]
This platform is not a precision rifle platform. Expecting .5 -1.5 moa with your hand loads is asking way too much out of it.
Im not saying that 6-8 moa should be expected either tho, if you have screws touching the barrel/gas system that is definitely something to rectify.
However this platform, imo, is intended to be an intermediate cartridge battle rifle, accuracy expectations should reflect that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This platform is not a precision rifle platform. Expecting .5 -1.5 moa with your hand loads is asking way too much out of it.
Im not saying that 6-8 moa should be expected either tho, if you have screws touching the barrel/gas system that is definitely something to rectify.
However this platform, imo, is intended to be an intermediate cartridge battle rifle, accuracy expectations should reflect that.
View Quote

I don't think expecting 1.5 MOA with handloads is asking too much at all.  Hell, my Galil ACE 7.62 NATO does 1.2" 5 shot groups with handloads.

I have a NIB Bren 2 carbine that I'm thinking about selling due to accuracy reports.  It seems these are 3-4 MOA at best.  If that's the case, I'd rather sell it unfired at a premium and buy something else.

Does anyone have a Bren 2 carbine that shoots 2 MOA or less?  

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't think expecting 1.5 MOA with handloads is asking too much at all.  Hell, my Galil ACE 7.62 NATO does 1.2" 5 shot groups with handloads.

I have a NIB Bren 2 carbine that I'm thinking about selling due to accuracy reports.  It seems these are 3-4 MOA at best.  If that's the case, I'd rather sell it unfired at a premium and buy something else.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I got bored today and decided to take the Bren 2 carbine to the range.  With 75 gr Hornady and 77 Nosler custom competition reloads, I was getting 1" 5 shot groups at 50 yards.  This was wth a 2 MOA red dot.  I bet when I thow a 1-6 optic on it, it'll shoot 1.5 MOA.  Not bad, but not great.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#10]
@kiddsf     What did you use to meet 16" barrel length?  Washer?  New  FH?  

I am thinking about just adding only use washer (s) and use OEM FH.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@kiddsf     What did you use to meet 16" barrel length?  Washer?  New  FH?  

I am thinking about just adding only use washer (s) and use OEM FH.
View Quote

Dead Air FH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top